Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

microchips to deny births to the ‘unworthy

OverSword

Again due to length restriction of the thread title an inaccurately name thread. Should have been " Author: Gvmt should use microchips to deny births to the ‘unworthy

From the article:

Although he admits it “sounds blatantly authoritarian” and “violates just about every core value we possess in a free society,” a noted transhumanist author has said a world government body should forcibly sterilize anyone “deemed unworthy” of parenthood by using implanted microchips.

Constitutional attorney and civil liberties expert John W. Whitehead, founder of The Rutherford Institute, warned LifeSiteNews.com earlier this year that political officials would long to use this seminal technology.

In an article for Wired.com today, philosopher Zoltan Istvan wrote that the notion first crossed his mind when he heard a blonde nurse say, “with 10,000 kids dying everyday around the world from starvation, you'd think we'd put birth control in the water.”

After careful thought, in an effort to “give hundreds of millions of future kids a better life, I cautiously endorse the idea of licensing parents,” Istvan wrote today.

The process, he said, “would be little different than getting a driver's license.” Parents must “pass a series of basic tests” in order to “get the green light to get pregnant and raise children.”

“Those applicants who are deemed unworthy” for a variety of reasons – he lists homelessness, criminal history, and poverty among his examples – “would not be allowed until they could demonstrate they were suitable parents.”

Read the rest here

Edit to add link to wired article cited

Edited by OverSword

I also want the gov't to quarter troops inside of poor people's wombs to form a protective barrier of combat soldiers and steel around their ample and fertile baby bags.

• Like 6

Can you imagine there ever existing on planet earth the amount of social unity this would require? Let's just pretend that this was a proper and right action, could it ever get consent? This would have to be brutally enforced in some areas. Right or Wrong this is just undoable, and hopefully remains so.

• Like 2

I would take up arms to fight against any kind of forced sterilization by the government.

I don't mind the idea, though microchips seem to be a bad way to go about it, perhaps chemical would work better.

It just wouldn't work in a practical sense. People get too up in arms about rights and what they feel like they deserve to be able to do.

• Like 3

My father in law is 88. He has 3 children and half a dozen grandkids. He is a HUGE supporter of NPG - Negative Population Growth. He daily expounds the crisis of "too many people". When I try to point out the hypocrisy in his stance he simply doesn't understand :) Reproduction is one of the seminal (sorry for the pun) instincts a human being has. No way to just talk most people into forgoing it. It would have to be a worldwide effort similar to what the Chinese did - except harsher.

• Like 1

Yeah that'd be the problem with it in my head, for one how to enforce it, and also do we just go into eugenics at some point? What about different social values?

Too many questions that aren't answered yet to make it viable.

I guess we should be kind of pleased even crazies like this are allowed to be loosely described as writers and actually have published works.

People get too up in arms about rights and what they feel like they deserve to be able to do.

Yea, those people and their stupid ideas that they should be allowed to reproduce! Who do they think they are?!

Only a cultural change will change population growth anyway.

Yea, those people and their stupid ideas that they should be allowed to reproduce! Who do they think they are?!

I have to disagree with your implied point in this.

Not everyone needs to be allowed to reproduce. Not everyone deserves the chance to. Life will go on just fine without a few extra sets of genetics in the pool.

• Like 2

Im not at all for this idea but people aren't leaving much choice to their governments either. I'm all for freedom and independence but also responsibility as well.

Look at poverty stricken areas. Does it make any sense for people in poverty to reproduce? No. If people struggle to put food on their own plate then it makes zero sense for them to have children and make those struggles even more difficult.

Same goes for teens. No they should not be reproducing when they aren't mentally mature enough yet or have the means to provide for the children.

Here in the US there are many people that have children to get food stamps, medical coverage, cash and housing from the government. Not all but many are looking for a free ride and know the government will not turn down people with children so these people take advantage of it.

I don't have the answer to solve these problems but I do believe it starts with responsibility. If a couple cannot afford or do not want children then there are many things they can do to prevent pregnancy and its their responsibility to do so, not the government. Sadly , most people know this and choose to ignore it because they know they can shift that responsibility onto their government to take care of. Well, now were starting to hear about what the government thinks on the matter and its not good.

Just because a couple can reproduce does not mean they should.

• Like 3

Im not at all for this idea but people aren't leaving much choice to their governments either. I'm all for freedom and independence but also responsibility as well.

Look at poverty stricken areas. Does it make any sense for people in poverty to reproduce? No. If people struggle to put food on their own plate then it makes zero sense for them to have children and make those struggles even more difficult.

One of my old room mates was a political refugee from a third world country. He was the oldest of fifteen children. 4 of them didn't live past the age of five and every hand that did live was needed to work the farm to put food on the plates. They didn't have the same tools as an American farmer may meaning that there is much more manual labor required thus in fact, in many instances these poorer people do need bigger families for reasons which may not be immediately obvious to you or I.

• Like 1

One of my old room mates was a political refugee from a third world country. He was the oldest of fifteen children. 4 of them didn't live past the age of five and every hand that did live was needed to work the farm to put food on the plates. They didn't have the same tools as an American farmer may meaning that there is much more manual labor required thus in fact, in many instances these poorer people do need bigger families for reasons which may not be immediately obvious to you or I.

I completely understand this point. My father grew up on a farm in Tennessee back in the 40's and he's told me numerous times that the reason he had 7 brothers and sisters is that my grand parents needed the extra hands to tend to the farm. They weren't just growing for their own food but to produce goods to sell at the market as well.

• Like 1

If there were fewer people, there wouldn't be as much food needed for the table though.

I completely understand this point. My father grew up on a farm in Tennessee back in the 40's and he's told me numerous times that the reason he had 7 brothers and sisters is that my grand parents needed the extra hands to tend to the farm. They weren't just growing for their own food but to produce goods to sell at the market as well.

this makes more sense, but with the world we live in today, it's just not needed

Edited by Scheming B
  • Like 3

Only a cultural change will change population growth anyway.

The problem with people getting up in arms about personal rights is when it comes at the price of the greater good. Like it or not the human population will grow at an exponential rate if it goes unchecked, and if nothing is done about it we'll strip the world of resources in no time at all. So our options are:

A- Find a new source of resources to support the growing population.

B- We check the population to fit the resource pool available.

And last I checked, we're a long way from discovering another resource pool, so it leaves us with one option. Frankly, its people like you who can't seem to think beyond their own wants, and blocking out the rest of the world in the process, that our digging the grave of the human race.

• Like 2

If there were fewer people, there wouldn't be as much food needed for the table though.

this makes more sense, but with the world we live in today, it's just not needed

Well, we still have farms but with industry and machinery it does not take anywhere near the manpower it once did so I do agree.

This is bull****.

Screw that writer, screw microchips,

and to hell with authority...!

I don't have children because I love my freedom...

it's my my fault stupid people breed....

just get rid of the stupid people..

don't impose some tyranny across the land..

because of a few idiots who had to much sex.

and didn't think it over..

microchips will never happen.. all you need it EMP to make them stop working..

so yeah there goes that idea...

I can't believe idiots actually think about and write this crap...

someone should stick a microchip up that wrtier's ass..

since he seems to like them so much..

I think his parents should have been prevented from breeding !

In a good majority of the world it still makes sense, just not in the western world.

• Like 1

I don't think it does. if you live in a non modernized world, then it would benefit you to have fewer mouths to feed. If you have a large family to work the fields, or what have you, then you have not only the usual bills and costs, but the addition of more people to clothe and feed and take care of.

If you have a small family, its less people to worry about.

How do you deem someone unworthy? I agree with another poster about the need for responsibility. Should we then deem those with self responsibility the ability to breed? And the thing with the micro chips, humnnnnnnnnn, I don't think that will fly.

I agree with another poster, I don't think that will happen. Now, I am one for not pressuring others to marry and reproduce, just for the sake of if because it's what you do. Especially, if there are those who don't want to marry and have children. So even though I think society shouldn't pressure to have children, I don't think we should pressure another half to not have children. I think we would cross that line of a controlling government. I really hope it boils down to educating everyone on being more responsible. I know, I'm naive and that's too idealistic. *Shrugs*

This is bull****.

Screw that writer, screw microchips,

and to hell with authority...!

I don't have children because I love my freedom...

it's my my fault stupid people breed....

just get rid of the stupid people..

don't impose some tyranny across the land..

because of a few idiots who had to much sex.

and didn't think it over..

microchips will never happen.. all you need it EMP to make them stop working..

so yeah there goes that idea...

I can't believe idiots actually think about and write this crap...

someone should stick a microchip up that wrtier's ass..

since he seems to like them so much..

I think his parents should have been prevented from breeding !

Keep in mind that the stupid people you're talking about here are basically everyone in China and India. This is where over 1/3 of the earths population is concentrated. How convenient would it be if we could just "get rid of" all of those useless eaters? Grow up.

Keep in mind that the stupid people you're talking about here are basically everyone in China and India. This is where over 1/3 of the earths population is concentrated. How convenient would it be if we could just "get rid of" all of those useless eaters? Grow up.

Seriously?

I did not know that! Wow!

I don't think it does. if you live in a non modernized world, then it would benefit you to have fewer mouths to feed. If you have a large family to work the fields, or what have you, then you have not only the usual bills and costs, but the addition of more people to clothe and feed and take care of.

It really doesn't work that way. It never as. If you are farming on a primitive level you need more people to farm. You're talking about people who are still using oxen to pull the plow and bailing hay by hand.

Another point I should make I suppose is that in those type of cultures having a large family is your retirement plan as well. You often have 3 or 4 generations living under a single roof in these places and people without large productive families starve and die in misery in these places. There is so much to consider before making some blanket statement about how to make this problem go away.