Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Great Pyramid Coffer Dimensions Solved

Bennu

My point exactly. Or to do it on a large scale, like the Giza necropolis, you use long ropes. To get sqrt 3 x 1000 cubits, you draw a regular triangle within a circle with a radius of 1000 cubits.

It's actually easier than that.

You get three sticks, one that's two cubits, one that's one cubit. layout a 90 degree angle using the one cubit stick and the third stick with no measure. Lay the two cubit stick on those two to create an hypotenuse. Where the 2 meter stick touches the third (unmeasured) stick, make a mark and cut.

The third stick now has a length of sqrt(3) cubits (it's a 30-60-90 triangle)

If you want large measures like 1000 cubits, use the ropes you're talking about in the same way - a 1000 cubit rope, a 2000 cubit rope, and a third rope that's long enough to make the third side of the triangle.

Harte

• Like 3

It's actually easier than that.

You get three sticks, one that's two cubits, one that's one cubit. layout a 90 degree angle using the one cubit stick and the third stick with no measure. Lay the two cubit stick on those two to create an hypotenuse. Where the 2 meter stick touches the third (unmeasured) stick, make a mark and cut.

The third stick now has a length of sqrt(3) cubits (it's a 30-60-90 triangle)

If you want large measures like 1000 cubits, use the ropes you're talking about in the same way - a 1000 cubit rope, a 2000 cubit rope, and a third rope that's long enough to make the third side of the triangle.

Harte

Yeah that works too. It looks like they actually did make a big circle though, and a hexagram, because look how the temples in front of the Sphinx are centered up in the lower section of the hexagram and one of the hex lines goes through the Sphinx's head. The horizontal hex line also goes right along the North side of the Khafre mortuary temple in front of his pyramid. It looks like there may be something to this.

Also, I really do think that the Giza kings may be in a subterranean tomb, possibly at the spot I indicated, because Hawass did a video on another subterranean tomb called the Tomb of Osiris, if I recall. The tomb was on an island-like platform which was surrounded by water from the Nile, which was apparently channeled into the bottom of the deep tomb shaft. That's probably the type of tomb the Giza kings are buried in. Look how the center of the hex is very near the shore of the former Nile. That would be a perfect spot to channel the Nile waters into a tomb. I guess it's supposed to recreate the primeval mound or something like that. How did they make the channels so that nobody can see them in the now dry Nile? I don't know but they did it with the Tomb of Osiris so it's apparently possible. Maybe the water just seeps through the ground at a certain depth, who knows?

Edited by Bennu

From the found papyri we know that they had an easier method to make a 90 degree angle:

post-57427-0-80856200-1408984355_thumb.j

you take a piece of rope and on a straight line you make two circles (I made them different sizes to show that it works in all cases) or semi circles. You draw a line through the outer points where the circles meet and bingo, a 90 degree angle.

Did not intend to be misleading. I was pointing out that the idea that knowing about a 3-4-5 triangle as being a right triangle does not mean it leads to any of the other ideas that are generalizations.

The method shown in the papyri is far better since it is simpler and does not require making a device. The papyri method also scales well.

Using ropes is tricky. They stretch. They sag. They change length with humidity. Rigid chains are better although they change length with temperature.

Did not intend to be misleading. I was pointing out that the idea that knowing about a 3-4-5 triangle as being a right triangle does not mean it leads to any of the other ideas that are generalizations.

The method shown in the papyri is far better since it is simpler and does not require making a device. The papyri method also scales well.

Using ropes is tricky. They stretch. They sag. They change length with humidity. Rigid chains are better although they change length with temperature.

As long as the chains stayed near the same temperature during the drawing, that wouldn't matter.

Harte

• Like 2

Harte's method introduces a square root without purposely trying to create a square root.

I think the other possible square roots are chance. If the AE were building to 4 digits of precision then you'd think that the possible square roots would be to 4 digits as well.

If the AE were into pi then they should have it close than the approximation of 22/7.

As long as the chains stayed near the same temperature during the drawing, that wouldn't matter.

Harte

In the survey across India the chains used by the surveyor were kept under thatched roofs so that the chains could not change length while the survey work was in progress. So a long measurement meant first constructing a long thatched covering.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Trigonometric_Survey

Harte's method introduces a square root without purposely trying to create a square root.

I think the other possible square roots are chance. If the AE were building to 4 digits of precision then you'd think that the possible square roots would be to 4 digits as well.

If the AE were into pi then they should have it close than the approximation of 22/7.

It IS closer than 22/7, which would mean a height of 280 and sides of 440. The sides aren't 440 though. They're almost exactly the theoretical length for a perfect 280 cubit high pi pyramid, which would be 439.82 cubits. If they were 440 cubits I would accept that it was a simple 22/7 pyramid, but they're not. Therefore, I have no choice but to accept that it's a pi pyramid.

Also, we know that they did use ropes for marking things out on the ground. For a right angle they would use a rope with knots on it marking 12 equal intervals, thereby allowing them to have three people hold the appropriate knots to make it into a 3,4,5 triangle.

Edited by Bennu