Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General chess talk

Thistle

Subs, Janiel, you're both ON.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• Subtemperate

• Elfstone810

• Talon

May we agree on this, over a meeting with tea and crumpets....

And a side ordering of YOUR DEFEAT.

Dont order a lunch you can't meet the bill for wink2.gif

OooOOooo.

Anyway, enough banter.

I have a question.

I started a game with Blood Angel 3 days ago. I created it so he was playing White. I don't think he even knows about the game yet, since he hasn't even moved once. Now his timebank is running down.

If his timebank reaches zero, and he loses due to timeout, would that be an automatic win for me, even though he hasn't yet acknowledged the game?

I think if white doesn't move at all then the game never actually starts. Nice try though. thumbsup.giftongue.gif

I agree, the game hasn't started at all.

But the timebank is counting down.

Perhaps it would be a stalemate. I guess i'll find out what it says if BA doesn't move before the timeout.

I think, if the game hasn't started, it would just be a stalemate...I'd hate to go on holiday for a while, and come back to find a bunch of people had challenged me to short games with low timebanks, just to up their winning score tongue.gif The site will have taken that possibility into account I imagine.

Damn...and thats how I planned to beat Talon.....lol

Thanks guys. thumbsup.gif

BurnSide (White) vs diebytheflyguy (Black)

I won. original.gif It was an excellent match though. I wouldn't say dominated. You had me scared there, if you didn't lose the queen in that accident, you would have had me.

Can't rematch just yet, i've already been challenged and my games are full. Shortly. thumbsup.gif

528635[/snapback]

Oh, yah forgot about the 6 game limit. I could use some time to watch how you play cause I know you like the title, but I don't wanna be the worse player around. tongue.gif

Talon challenged me does anyone have any tips?

crying.gif

Close your eyes. thumbsup.gif

Naa seriously, he doesn't move a piece without there being a meaning to moving it, so watch that piece carefully, and determine what he's doing with it.

Once you're in check, you're in trouble. He checks you and keeps you checked while removing your pieces. You need to get in there quickly and keep your king open and well protected at all times.

Ya, my problem is that I don't make sure of my moves (I make too many mistakes cause I rush things) and each move I make has no meaning to the game, really. So, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can beat Talon.

Have any of you been reading any online chess tips or special moves or strategies to improve your game?

No, i've just been watching my better opponents closely, like Thistle, Saruman and Talon, and learning their strategies. It seems to be working, i'm getting better by far. They each have differing styles and i'm incorporating.

No, i've just been watching my better opponents closely, like Thistle, Saruman and Talon, and learning their strategies. It seems to be working, i'm getting better by far.

True, you have improved a lot thumbsup.gif

They each have differing styles and i'm incorporating.

huh.gif Yeah, Saru does that thing with his pawns (which is really hard to get through), Thistle for 2 out of our 3 games went with an all out King-side attack, while I tend to have the standard pawn/knight/bishop opening needed for an early castle to get my rooks out and as my officers controlling the centre of the board as possible.

Edited by Talon S.

Yup, that Pawn defense Saru does is hard to get through.

Although Thistle did something with her's i have never seen before, and it really worked like a charm until i managed to break through and take them all.

She lined them all out like an arrow, with the middle piece way out.

The Advanced Pawn salient opening? hmm

531013[/snapback]

huh.gif

it has a proper name? I think I'll continue to call it my "slightly intimidating ninja pawn charge" laugh.gif

btw.....moved all the chatty posts over here....let's keep the results thread purely for results, makes it easier for saru to update the scores.

thumbsup.gif

How about "The Stick attack"... sounds catchy wink2.gif

Yes sorry, unless someone else bows out in the immediate future. All the positions are taken.

I think that your best defence is your best attack.

I've played amany tournaments, and my opponents are always too boisterous about strategy and opportunity.

And then they miscalculate, blunder - then the board's yours.

*If you're playing white, position your pieces on the first five moves.*

*Avoid moving one piece twice on the opening as it will give you disadvantage*

*Do not attack on early stage as you will only move back and lose one advantage move*