Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Arch near Arivaca, Arizona

reptilicus

i swore not to tell where it is but i'll go on and on and on about the place and what happens there.

bull crap.

if you won't say where it is shaddup already.

and btw if i found it i would have to go through. have to. not doing so would bother me for the rest of my life.

• Like 3

I always love these kind of stories, "I found the nexus of the universe but I can't tell anybody where it is because, shhhhhhhh, it's secret!"

Edited by DumpsterJesus
  • Like 1

If I recall correctly, the (author and MI6 spy) Ivan Sanderson wrote about stuff like this. Something tells me he knew something about stuff like this and put some of it in his books. Oh yeah, I think he knew some things. ;)

...not least of which was how to get money out of your pocket when you bought his books.

--Jaylemurph

These dudes must have been real busy. They found the time/reorientation location and 82 pounds of gold, too! (see: links)

feat-11714.gif

http://www.tucsonweekly.com/tucson/mysteries-in-the-mountains/Content?oid=1072291

http://1oro1.com/jesuits/rqfind.html

I read these, and they seem like they are just stories. Nothing to make me believe they are real. When someone write stuff like:

We were told that this guy never lies

We were the only ones the tribe ever told

He was to afraid to ever return

We swore them to secrecy

It's no longer intact so you may not be able to find it anymore

Those are classic roadblocks to use.

In reality, there is very little chance that all these people would keep this secret. All the people in the "tribe" would not keep this secret. They would certainly see $$.

Why would you write about it if you wanted to keep it secret.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I am close to there?

Someone tell me where this is, I will go check it out and report back.......

I'm close too and am familiar with the area, I'll go with you, but, it seems that anyone who supposedly knows where it is, is "sworn" to secrecy. Starting to have my doubts that anyone really knows.

I'm close too and am familiar with the area, I'll go with you, but, it seems that anyone who supposedly knows where it is, is "sworn" to secrecy. Starting to have my doubts that anyone really knows.

I'm not looking into a hike, I am looking for the Arch :)

Not sure how close I am.....

Safford, AZ .....You tell me?

I'm not looking for a hike either, I'm talking about the arch. You're some distance away. This area is northwest of Nogales. It's in the Arivaca area from what the original story says. They camped at the corrals of Arivaca ranch which is still in existence.

I'm not looking for a hike either, I'm talking about the arch. You're some distance away. This area is northwest of Nogales. It's in the Arivaca area from what the original story says. They camped at the corrals of Arivaca ranch which is still in existence.

2 hours, maybe 2.5.....

I'm in Sierra Vista, it's about 2 hours from me

If you know where it is, I am interested.

I wish I knew. There's clues in the article, but, not enough to pinpoint it. There are a couple of people on this thread that claim to know where it is, but, they say they are sworn to not tell. So, I don't think they know either. It's a rough area and in that area, you better go packing. Lots of drug runners, etc use that area. I'm trying to piece together what clues there are and use them to try and get close. If I come up with anything I'll let you know.

• Like 1

An old Indian named John? How about Don Juan? Just another rip off of Carlos Castaneda.

I wish I knew. There's clues in the article, but, not enough to pinpoint it. There are a couple of people on this thread that claim to know where it is, but, they say they are sworn to not tell. So, I don't think they know either. It's a rough area and in that area, you better go packing. Lots of drug runners, etc use that area. I'm trying to piece together what clues there are and use them to try and get close. If I come up with anything I'll let you know.

10/4

I am mainly looking for the person(s) that claim to know where it is, and take me there. I see some have offered.

Not holding my breath.

Its a pity IMO that such wonderful places get caught up between such perceptions with us modern westerners.

I recently saw some photos from a prohibited area in Namibia, amazing geology; one feature looked like a huge rocky hill, at the top it was 'peeled back' and out of the middle an unusual looking crystal protuberance and exploding ( i.e. solid and in place) out of the top and centre of that a white quartz looking giant crystal.

To me , that is amazing enough as is ! I have no idea what is mined there ( the mining company is the one prohibiting entry).

Unusual geology (usually connected to 'old' features or exposed and eroded or 'unusually' formed bedrock, etc. - rarely the regolith ) has significance all over the world in indigenous cultures.

Also 'unusual' effects can be magnetic ( especially if magnetite, quartz , etc are present). However this effects the person may depend on their makeup. Even disregarding this, there is the psychological principle ; " Pssst .... hey ... wanna come to a spooky place with me and sleep the night there?" :)

It does play a function in connection to earth / culture / environment / preservation and a whole range of complex things that held society together for a very long period in human history ( here, with some, maybe fro 60.000 years ago to present).

Unfortunately ' westerns' seem to either interpret too literally and believe the indigenous stories describe an absolute literal material reality (causing scorn) , or just refuse to see any thing of significance but a geological formation and human 'stupidity'.

Ho - hum .

I guess I will put this up again; it outlines geology, socio/mythic function, mystical experience (from a white fellah , who went on to paint and capture the essence of this sacred site and many others, to international acclaim, for his description of 'the spirit' of the land'

Artist:

https://www.google.c...ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Site:

Following-Warburton-s-1873-.jpg

Socio-mythic function and 'mystical experience'.

http://www.venicecla...-centre-centre/

One can go further into Robert's work and read about the experience he had here which brought about a total change in his life, job, depression, ( he was so bad his wife and friend bought a ticket, put him on a plane and sent him to the middle of Australia after he failed at his life and 'day job' in the city ), his transition through '40 days in the desert' to his new life, new career and acclaim at producing a 'Great Work'.

So ... sacred sites ... not total bunk IMO (just keep the alien 'artifacts' out of it please. )

10/4

I am mainly looking for the person(s) that claim to know where it is, and take me there. I see some have offered.

Not holding my breath.

I've been google earthing the area, and it has a much lived in look, past and present lots old indian and spanish roads and ruins.

Oh ... and by the way, I would be putting this info up here if that place was 'open', in Australia, in many of these places, you need an entry permit and an indigenous guide / ranger.

You should see what happens to some of the places that dont have that - sacrilege ! :(:angry:

Edited by back to earth

I'm in Sierra Vista, it's about 2 hours from me

That's where I was born. Haven't been back since then, though.

--Jaylemurph

• 2 weeks later...

Figured I would post my results from sending the OP an email, and my reply.....

Me to him.....

Hello Robert,

The site is south of Arivaca. To reach the site, you must travel south on Ruby Road. There is a path you must turn off on once you pass the old ghost town of Ruby.

We are planning another expedition very soon...hopefully by the end of the year. While the date is not set for sure yet, it cannot get here soon enough for me. This will be our 5th trip to the site.

We have a video of our last expedition that was made from the lead vehicle. It shows the route from Arivaca to the campsite we use which is very near the site itself. We are selling copies of the video for $100 and anyone who purchases the video is free to join us on our next expedition. All proceeds from the video are going to our next expedition to the site. Or you may choose to purchase the video and travel the route on your own. We only ask that you disturb nothing that you find. We dont want the area petroglyphs and formations painted over with spray paint as is the case with so many little-known caves throughout the country. We also ask anyone that goes ahead of us not to leave traces that they were there, such as trash. However, I encourage all to bring home some of the abundant opal in the area. For that, you will need a pickaxe.

I am assuming you read the article about the site that was written in the Tucson paper some time back. I have gotten a lot of inquiries wanting the exact coordinates to the site but an agreement has been made between the very few folks that have been there and myself to keep this secret. The site is easily reached from the campsite mentioned above. With a purchase of the video, I provide some detailed info on the two routes one can take. With that information, a hiker should have no problem locating the site.

Should you visit the site, BRING A CAMERA. I am including some photos...two of the site from a ridge above and one of the cave underneath the site.

Any other questions, let me know.

Steve Harris

Me to him:

So, basically you made an agreement to keep it secret.

But, the secret can be bought?

This is called a scam, a fraud.

I was hoping you could share where this is, so I could decide for myself if the claims have any merit.

No thanks.

Last one to me ( and there were no pictures attached )

We agreed not to give the exact gps coordinates out as myself and the others who know of the place found it through clues given by Ron Quinn. I have no problem with others visiting the site using the same clues we used or with the information we can provide.

Therefore, if you truly think this is a scam or fraud, I would advise you to destroy the photos sent you (as they are a fraud...right?) and continue reaching out to others who MAY have been to the site.

Best of luck.

So, never mind, I have zero interest in this anymore.

Edited by Sakari