Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Airship to conduct aerial search for Bigfoot

Saru

Why can't the eccentric Millionare who funds all the other Bigfoot shananagins fund Meldrum's project?

Why can't the eccentric Millionare who funds all the other Bigfoot shananagins fund Meldrum's project?

Good question. He sure could fund it.

I couldn't find anything much about Hersom and Meldrum...

Maybe it has something to do with internal politics of Bigfoot-research. In 2008, Meldrum received $130,000 from the Mayfield Foundation for his North American Ape Project which also involved Derek Randles. That ended with nothing to show and Randles split to form the Olympic Project without Meldrum. An eccentric millionaire-type (Hersom) funds the Olympic Project along with BFRO and Ketchum...

Maybe he doesn't think it will get results...

As to why he doesn't you should perhaps ask Meldrum or Hersom. If you do please inform the rest of us as to the reason(s)...

Please excuse me that I didn't read through every post on this topic, but why wouldn't a silent airship work? Of course it would be equipped with state of the art everything from infra-red to night vision. Along with various cams and full spectrum analysis of every living thing the dirigible detects. This certainly could be done for under $200K, and I thought I read that the good Dr. said he needed $50K for funding of the Falcon Project. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

But once again, I think it's a brilliant idea. Am I wrong?

• Like 1

Sorry I went back and reviewed some links and found the project costing upwards of a half million...yikes:/

Please excuse me that I didn't read through every post on this topic, but why wouldn't a silent airship work? Of course it would be equipped with state of the art everything from infra-red to night vision. Along with various cams and full spectrum analysis of every living thing the dirigible detects. This certainly could be done for under $200K, and I thought I read that the good Dr. said he needed $50K for funding of the Falcon Project. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

But once again, I think it's a brilliant idea. Am I wrong?

To put it simply it isn't very cost effective. A lot of money for potentially little or no return. How is this going to produce any better results than the hundreds of thousands of people that go out into the woods on a daily basis? And for those that don't think Bigfoot is real then it's a total waste of money and resources that could be better spent elsewhere.

I see. What about a small drone. One can get a silent hobby type drone anywhere on the Internet for around $2K and go online with it and input coordinates etc. Outfit the unit with FLIR imagers and GOPRO's for the cheap. All under $6K. You could even outfit it with speakers of some kind for call blasting.

On another note...I just realized what I'm doing with my tax return :)