Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

4 places of legend in Utah

Commander CMG

The Bear Lake Monster. Whales living in the Great Salt Lake. A neighborhood of hobbits in Sugar House.

Only a short drive within the state can take you to any one of Utah's legendary locations. While Utah's places of legend and folklore make for good stories, are they actually true?

Read More here

• 1 year later...

Whales in the GSL? That's laughable.

Folks do realize that its max depth is only about 35 feet with most of it being about 8 feet or so.

There's also the fact that the only thing that survives in it is sea monkeys.

Whales in the GSL? That's laughable.

Folks do realize that its max depth is only about 35 feet with most of it being about 8 feet or so.

There's also the fact that the only thing that survives in it is sea monkeys.

Maybe read that article yeh?

Even if they could farm whales, how many would one breeding pair produce? Even if they let them breed for say 25 years, they'd be able to harvest only enough oil for one town for a weekend. I call it a myth. Though if the whales' bones are in the lake, sonar may be able to find them.

Suicide Rock is real, but I think the myth is just a myth.

b.jpg

The hobbit houses appear to just be small houses, as in square feet of floor space, not small as in hobbit sized.

The Bear Lake monster? Who knows? Doesn't appear according to Wiki that there are any specifically big fish in there. I'd guess myth again. Scare stories told over campfires by settlers.

Maine from Bath south is infested with Hobbits. The males drive Volvos and the females wear denim skirts. :yes:

Didn't need to.

They were Hobbit whales......Really little.

• Like 1

Been to the edge of the Great Salt Lake and it didn't look even deep and i didn't think it was deep