Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do all paths lead to God?

Sherapy

"The level of a societys advancement is reflected , inevitably, in the degree of  its duality thinking"  Social growth is demonstrated by unity not separation." Unity is the truth, separation is the illusion,  As long as we see eachother as separate units, we live in illusion, All of life on our planet  is built on separatism, based in duality."  They way I understand truth is that which unites is the  truth (Gods Truth)   when we get to caught up in illusion  by constantly comparing, constantly characterizing things  as better worse higher lower good bad etc.... that shows how far we've fallen into separatism. There is such a thing as good and evil all there is is love, So wouldn't it go a long way towards unity if we honored each others path and learned from each other  the allegoric story of The Elephant and blind guys  is beautiful, thankyou. Thankyou to everyone who is commenting on this topic I have learned alot, some really great thinkers all of us.   Don't we all think so?????????

680459[/snapback]

Your message is well worth reading again. It is very deep because it is so difficult to see through the illusion. Even though I understand what you are saying I still feel the seperation when I see people harming one another.

We often do not feellike we are one.

Even within my own mind I am often at odds with myself. I may be one person and yet I have thos feeling of inner seperation.

Read the book of Romans to see how Paul discribes it especially I think it is Romans chapter 7

21So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

682234[/snapback]

I am to touched by your messages, I can relate to what you are feeling, I've walked there to, your genuineness touched my heart, don't ever give up, God bless you.

original.gif

683945[/snapback]

And I think that is what life is all about. Being touched by ine another. Jesus Christ Superstar asked the musical question.

"Now why'd you choose such a backward time

And such a strange land?"

Noting

"If you'd come today you could have reached a whole nation

Israel in 4 BC had no mass communication"

Love is spread like a communicable disease, by close personal contact, not by televangelists. By people who care about each other as individuals. By people who encourage each other.

I am going to write an email called "Why I do not like Forwards". and one of the reasons is because when I get a "mass email" one of the thoughts that come to my mind is "the person could not be bothered to take the time to write me a letter specifically concerning MY problems and MY hopes and MY fears. They just were generallizing.

Thank you so much for addressing this reply to ME personally Sheri. Your one line of PERSONAL encouragement means more to me than an entire library of Norman Vincent Peale books.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GodsMessenger

• Sherapy

• Kismit

• hyperactive

"The level of a societys advancement is reflected , inevitably, in the degree of  its duality thinking"  Social growth is demonstrated by unity not separation." Unity is the truth, separation is the illusion,  As long as we see eachother as separate units, we live in illusion, All of life on our planet  is built on separatism, based in duality."  They way I understand truth is that which unites is the  truth (Gods Truth)   when we get to caught up in illusion  by constantly comparing, constantly characterizing things  as better worse higher lower good bad etc.... that shows how far we've fallen into separatism. There is such a thing as good and evil all there is is love, So wouldn't it go a long way towards unity if we honored each others path and learned from each other  the allegoric story of The Elephant and blind guys  is beautiful, thankyou. Thankyou to everyone who is commenting on this topic I have learned alot, some really great thinkers all of us.   Don't we all think so?????????

680459[/snapback]

Your message is well worth reading again. It is very deep because it is so difficult to see through the illusion. Even though I understand what you are saying I still feel the seperation when I see people harming one another.

We often do not feellike we are one.

Even within my own mind I am often at odds with myself. I may be one person and yet I have thos feeling of inner seperation.

Read the book of Romans to see how Paul discribes it especially I think it is Romans chapter 7

21So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

682234[/snapback]

I am to touched by your messages, I can relate to what you are feeling, I've walked there to, your genuineness touched my heart, don't ever give up, God bless you.

original.gif

683945[/snapback]

And I think that is what life is all about. Being touched by ine another. Jesus Christ Superstar asked the musical question.

"Now why'd you choose such a backward time

And such a strange land?"

Noting

"If you'd come today you could have reached a whole nation

Israel in 4 BC had no mass communication"

Love is spread like a communicable disease, by close personal contact, not by televangelists. By people who care about each other as individuals. By people who encourage each other.

I am going to write an email called "Why I do not like Forwards". and one of the reasons is because when I get a "mass email" one of the thoughts that come to my mind is "the person could not be bothered to take the time to write me a letter specifically concerning MY problems and MY hopes and MY fears. They just were generallizing.

Thank you so much for addressing this reply to ME personally Sheri. Your one line of PERSONAL encouragement means more to me than an entire library of Norman Vincent Peale books.

684160[/snapback]

"Love is spread......I love that I save quotes by everyday people like us and this will be saved, you have a great way of speaking from the heart

I read once that the greatest gift you can give another is the gift of self esteem, I

rarely am helped by critisim and arguing I am always helped by others hearting my courage, it takes courage to stand in your truth, I'm new to this whole computer stuff in general and I did notice that it was somewhat general it could be more personal, lets change things, be a new lights all of us together.

"Love is spread......I love that I save quotes by everyday people like us and this will be saved, you have a great way of  speaking from the heart

I read once that the greatest gift you can give another is the gift of self esteem, I

rarely am helped by critisim and arguing I am always helped by  others hearting my courage, it takes courage to stand in your truth, I'm new to this whole computer stuff in general and I did notice that it was somewhat general it could be more personal, lets change things, be a new lights  all of us together.

684484[/snapback]

Unfortunately that "personal touch" can also be very negative.

Until recently I used to post on a board called beliefnet. But in the past year or so the board and management and moderators have been changed in such a way that personal character attacks have become the rule instead of the exception to the rule. In the debate christianity board especially non believers have taken over as moderators and by their censorship and removal of messages have concentrated on removing the message of Christ instead of removing unChristlike messages. Once it was a place to share your thoughts now it is a place to be attacked because of your thoughts. So far this board has been like a breath of fresh air, a drink of crystal clear water, a cleansing and purifying experience after wallowing in the filth over there.

It is amazing how as you say together we can make something good or bad. By respecting one anothers opinions instead of attacking them we can build an atmosphere of love and respect even if we happen to disagree with one another.

It takes even more courage to allow others to stand in their truth even though you do not see that truth yourself.

Thanks for the invitation to be a light. But I may need some help if my own light starts to flicker hmm.gif

Actually there is only ONE LIGHT and it is not yours or mine, it is Gods. We can only let it shine through us to the degree that we are able to get ourselves out of its way and not cast our shadow in front of it.... rofl.gifw00t.gifinnocent.gifrofl.gif

"Love is spread......I love that I save quotes by everyday people like us and this will be saved, you have a great way of  speaking from the heart

rarely am helped by critisim and arguing I am always helped by  others hearting my courage, it takes courage to stand in your truth, I'm new to this whole computer stuff in general and I did notice that it was somewhat general it could be more personal, lets change things, be a new lights  all of us together.

684484[/snapback]

Unfortunately that "personal touch" can also be very negative.

Until recently I used to post on a board called beliefnet. But in the past year or so the board and management and moderators have been changed in such a way that personal character attacks have become the rule instead of the exception to the rule. In the debate christianity board especially non believers have taken over as moderators and by their censorship and removal of messages have concentrated on removing the message of Christ instead of removing unChristlike messages. Once it was a place to share your thoughts now it is a place to be attacked because of your thoughts. So far this board has been like a breath of fresh air, a drink of crystal clear water, a cleansing and purifying experience after wallowing in the filth over there.

It is amazing how as you say together we can make something good or bad. By respecting one anothers opinions instead of attacking them we can build an atmosphere of love and respect even if we happen to disagree with one another.

It takes even more courage to allow others to stand in their truth even though you do not see that truth yourself.

Thanks for the invitation to be a light. But I may need some help if my own light starts to flicker hmm.gif

Actually there is only ONE LIGHT and it is not yours or mine, it is Gods. We can only let it shine through us to the degree that we are able to get ourselves out of its way and not cast our shadow in front of it.... rofl.gifw00t.gifinnocent.gifrofl.gif

686261[/snapback]

"It takes even more courage........ that is an understatement sounds so easy on paper until you try to do that, it has taken great courage for me to stand in my own truth, and its a very uncrowded place, yet I keep at it and try to find the gifts in the tough moments especially when I don't wish to be convertted, I'm getting better and I have found that arguing never works, not for me anyways, my light flickers alot, more than it shines thats for sure so you are not alone and for me this is nice to know that I have a friend. I actually have grown into an appreciation for anothers perspective (not easily) there is a great saying "Mine is not a better way its merely another way " I say it alot in my head, Thankyou for you honesty heart and the courage to speak your truth.

Speaking of Jesuus Christ Superstar, the part that really stands out for me (and often rings in my mind lol) is this:

'Everytime I look at you I don't understand

Why you let the things you did get so out of hand

You'd have managed better of you had a plan'

and then

'Don't get me wrong,

I only wanna know

I only wanna know'

I think that was a question Norman Jewison was personally wondering (being Jewish). While I can perssonally say it happened for a reason, I still wonder WHY it had t happen the way it did. One reason why I wish Christianity had have chose another symbol besides a Crucifix. Actually, they DID have another symbol originally. Fish, the symbol of Jesus, the sign of Pisces, and Pisces rules Sacrifice. Should have stuck with the fish....

@kismit: what it is a trinary reaction though? (x+y+z=u)
Sorry, I don't quite get the question. hmm.gif

[quote=Sheri berri,Jun 18 2005,

"It takes even more courage........ that is an understatement sounds so easy on paper until you try to do that, it has taken great courage for me to stand in my own truth, and its a very uncrowded place, yet I keep at it and try to find the gifts in the tough moments especially when I don't wish to be convertted, I'm getting better and I have found that arguing never works, not for me anyways, my light flickers alot, more than it shines thats for sure so you are not alone and for me this is nice to know that I have a friend. I actually have grown into an appreciation for anothers perspective (not easily) there is a great saying "Mine is not a better way its merely another way " I say it alot in my head, Thankyou for you honesty heart and the courage to speak your truth.

686847[/snapback]

I am so glad I found this message forum. It is nice to have a kindrid spirit. It is easier to speak the truth when you do not have to fear being attacked for it.

And I have seen several members who share this spiritual awar4eness this Christ consciousness I feel here. And your messages have moved me to search in new directions where I have found even more people on the internet who express the same sentiments .... LOL .... I am getting this vision of Close Encounters of the Third Kind with the people drawing and sculpting the mountain and the musical phrase. hehehe