Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to ward off Evil Spirits

CharmedFan3

In this thread we get to discuss ways of banishing or warding off Evil Spirits

MINT-wards off evil spirits

SALT IN UR POCKET wards off evil spirits

Believeing in GOD wards off evil, asking your guarding angle to protect you wards off evil, being a good person and doing what is right wards of evil just my believe's innocent.gif

My belief is it kills bacteria and germs and was quite difficult to come by many centuries ago. It has been viewed for centuries as a cleanser and would have actually been capable of stopping such deadly diseases as the morbid sore throat.

It is part of our in built belief system that things like mint and salt can be seen as healing. And therefor seen to work for cleaning away spirits.

Edited by Kismit
  • Like 1

A bottle or two of whiskey usually does the trick thumbsup.gif

I dunno, not believing in them in the first place? I heard that certain crystals could help, as in keeping positive energy flowing? huh.gif

I think that wolfsbane or wild roses ward off vamps, as far as I know. I know that they can only be killed off by hacking off their heads, burning their bodies, and scattering their ashes in different locations. Stakes an crosses will only render a vampire immobile temporarily, contrary to belief that those things will kill them.

Anyhow, this thread is about warding of evil, not vampires in general..

However, I DID hear that smudging (burning a bundle of pine needles and sage) will clear your home of evil spirits and bad luck. As well as walking around your house 13 times on Friday the 13th (this one is probably a myth though).

I think that wolfsbane or wild roses ward off vamps, as far as I know. I know that they can only be killed off by hacking off their heads, burning their bodies, and scattering their ashes in different locations. Stakes an crosses will only render a vampire immobile temporarily, contrary to belief that those things will kill them.

Anyhow, this thread is about warding of evil, not vampires in general..

However, I DID hear that smudging (burning a bundle of pine needles and sage) will clear your home of evil spirits and bad luck. As well as walking around your house 13 times on Friday the 13th (this one is probably a myth though).

707279[/snapback]

Goodness, I'm glad I don't have a problem with any of these things! I'm too lazy to do all this stuff. I do, however, have a little gremlin at home who plunders in my yarn basket when I'm not looking. I can leave a clean room and come back to a spider's web! Seriously, I even got a picture. Check out the avatar. thumbsup.gif

Here's what I've come up with....

Charms

Any magical words, phrases, chants, and incantations recited for protection against or for disease or to ward off evil. Charms have existed since ancient times and are still prevalent in folk magic. While some charm may be verbally or silently recited, such as a phrase, formula, mantra, or prayer, others are inscriptions written or inscribed on paper, parchment, wood or other material which may be worm on the body as amulets. Still other charms, such as certain prescribed ways of spitting, may consist of both phrases and actions. Charms, used for divination, have been attempted to obtain almost every desire or purpose imaginable. They have been tried to gain or lose a lover; eliminate an enemy; ensure chastity, fertility and potency; to gain victory, riches and fame; and to exact revenge.

Charms in agricultural communities have been employed to protect crops and farm animals; to gain help with milking churning butter, and in getting rid of rodents, vermin and weeds.

History:

The mystical word abracadabra dates back to the second-century Rome. Other charms, words and phrases, were written on parchment and worn around the neck. They were worn to bring good fortune and cure illnesses.

Even the early Christian church encouraged the use on many holy charms such as rosaries and holy relics. During the 17th century, rosaries were similarly blessed as amulets offering protection against fire, tempest, fever, and evil spirits.

Witches and wizards during the medieval age were renowned as healers who used many charms. They were frequently known as "charmers" and employed Christian prayers spoken or written in Latin, or, as some claimed, debased Christian prayers. Although the Church did approve of the use of prayers and the Scriptures as cures and as protection against evil, it disapproved of the prescription of them by the sorcerers or charmers. This created a rather contradictory situation which obscured the distinction between religion and magic.

During the 17th century, a Nottingham sorcerer, sold copies of St. John's Gospel as a charm against witchcraft. To break a witch's spell he prescribed the recitation of five Paternosters, five Aves and One Creed. It might be judged that this sorcerer knew something about Christianity and absolution in the confessional.

The following 19th-century English charm, which is typical of some charms composed of simple little verses, is for protection against witchcraft:

He who forges images, he who bewitches

the malevolent aspect, the evil eye,

the malevolent lip, the finest sorcery,

Spirit of the heaven, conjure it! Spirit of the earth,

conjure it!

Witches reportedly had their good-luck charms, according to the following old folk-magic verse:

The fire bites, the fire bites; Hogs-turd over it, Hogs-

turd over it, Hogs-turd over it; the Father with thee,

the Son with me, the Holy Ghost between us both

to be: ter.

After reciting the verse, the witch spit once over each shoulder and three times forward.

Present:

With the advances of science during the 17th century the effectiveness of magical charms began to be challenged. The ways of folk-magic began diminishing, especially within urban areas. However, all belief and sentiment for charms was never completely destroyed. Even within industrial cities today traces of them remain. An example of this is the popular charm to divine love: "He/she loves me, he/she loves me not" said while pulling our the pedals of a daisy.

Charms are still recited by many when participating in magic-related activities such as gathering medicinal herbs, consecrating objects, or boiling a pot of urine to break a witch's spell.

In much of Neo-paganisn the term charm, which is considered obsolete, has been replaced by terms like the chant, incantation, and rune.

In Shamanism charms are used to conjure spirits, destroy enemies, create talismans, and exorcise disease.

Generally amulets may be charmed objects while spells are the recital of charms. A.G.H.

Source

I'd recommend an M1A1 Abrams tank.

Seriously, though. I always wear my St. Christopher's metal. You just never know, and it doesn't hurt.

I think if you wear any kind of icon, it is the belief behind it that counts. Would you feel vulnerable if you lost it, for example?

Believeing in GOD wards off evil, asking your guarding angle to protect you wards off evil, being a good person and doing what is right wards of evil just my believe's innocent.gif

706840[/snapback]

Believing in God, eh?

That's kind of funny to say seeing all those pagan icons in your avatar and siggy ph34r.gif

Sorry, Just my opinion...

I honestly believe the only way to ward off evil spirits is not to believe in them...

Yea I've heard salt is a big good luck charm...

Hoagy, you're exactly right.

Yea I've heard salt is a big good luck charm...

707462[/snapback]

thats because of its purification properties yes.gif

HERE IS SOME MORE STUFF I FOUND TO WARD OFF EVIL SPIRITS

Aloe spp - guards against evil and accidents

Angelica - Protection from evil spirits, exorcism

Boneset - ward of evil spirits

Caraway - protect against evil spirits, attract a mate, bag of caraway seeds in Childs bed to protect from disease

Fennel - protection, ward of evil spirits, purification and healing

Foxglove - grow in garden to protect home

Garlic - protection, exorcism, healing

Hazel-Protection against the dark side

Majoriam-Used in straka an herb that protects the home and chases evil spirits away when sprinkled

Nettle - removes curses, protects from evil, use in purification baths (cook first to remove sting)

Pure Salt-Very powerful in protecting the home and against demons.

Carrying a bell around is said to chase away evil spirits. Some reason the tingling of the bell scares them off or keeps them at a fair distance. There are other things you can do if you are into meditation you can apply the white or gold shield to yourself by imagining a wall of energy around you. Protection is very important it keeps evil things from following you home and it keeps evil at a distance.

TO KEEP EVIL FROM YOUR HOUSE

Make a magickal tea from any of the following herbs and then sprinkle some of it in the corners and doorways of you home to purify, defeat all wicked conjuring,

To Banish Unwanted Spirits

You Need: Sea salt

Surround yourself with a white light to protect you while you work

"With this salt I sprinkle about

I banish all negative spirits out

within these walls you may not stay

I ask you now go on your way

with harm to none

it shall be done."

Sprinkle the salt around

Pass gas..get's rid of everyone thumbsup.gif

Pass gas..get's rid of everyone thumbsup.gif

707703[/snapback]

or Tylenol, helps vanquish most spirits the morning after! laugh.gif

Passing gas! That was good.....I needed a laugh somewhere.....Evil spirits huh, right now they can bite my crank because I don't care about them and whatever they want to do with their so-called life go ahead because they are worthless in my life.....they could at least gave me some feedback on my stupid test (sorry taking out frustration after taking a stupid test)........okay well on a serious note there are many possibilities depending on your belief system and what psychologically makes you feel more secured. You got the icon theory depending on what suites you best, the salt theory (my shaman-wanna be friend says that it does the trick), chants (which he also claims does the trick as well), prayer, alcohol (which makes them your best friends until you drive them crazy with your autobiography stories of your life and past failed relationships), drugs you can be creative and make your own evil entities without you having to even try (depending on the drug), holy sh** man it all depends.....really my "spiritual therapy" to evil entities is playing sports, having no life (studying that is in the summer... mad.gif ) and praying to my God because it keeps me sane. Oh yea and if you're superstitious you do things to keep certain evil spirits away.....yea the list goes on I guess.......I apologize if I sound like a wise ass but this is just my opinion for the moment and when my mood swings then so will my philosophy/theory/knowledge.

It all has to involve how you control your mental stability…so you use a tool to balance it within place.

Sage- works by burning it and letting the smoke smother your body. Cup the smoke in your hands and rub it to your face, clothes, under your feet. Technique used by Native American-Indians.

Quartz- something about how quartz can break light into different spectrums.

Any good luck charm will work to mentally keep you calms and positive state of mind.

There are basicly two ways an item can affect an evil spirit. ONe is to drive i off the other is to anger it. What items do which? Thats the hairy part the list is exactly the same. The difference is very simple. Use symbols and objects important to YOUR own faith. Don't use Roman Catholic blessed holy water for example unless your roman catholic. DOn't use do it yourself new age holy water unless your a new ager. This is also true of sage, salt and every other thing ignorant web sites tell people to use. If you use a symbol that is not part of your faith you will anger the spirit and gain no protection.

On the salt thing, that's a corruption of an old Roman belief (still followed in Spain/Portugal/Latinamerica) that if you throw salt behind your back you get good luck. Salt was money/rewards for soldiers so a connection was made by them of sorts.