Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hmm I need Help

JohnnyBoyC

I am a Catholic, but I believe in reincarnation, meditiation, psi, and spiritual enlightenment. Is all this against my religion? I am i going to hell? crying.gif

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JohnnyBoyC

• Grandpa Greenman

• Jodie.Lynne

Top Posters In This Topic

You tell us. What does your religion and faith tell you about these things?

If you say you are Catholic, then you must believe in the bible, the rewards of heaven and the punishments of hell.

So, what do you think?

Johnny,

Reincarnation- no this is not againist we are reborn in Christ therefore souls are reincarnated.

PSI- don't know what this is

Meditation- deep prayer this is what your doing right? your praying?

Spiritial enlightenment?

Please give a little more info. Thanks 101

I am a Catholic, but I believe in reincarnation, meditiation, psi, and spiritual enlightenment. Is all this against my religion? I am i going to hell? crying.gif

727476[/snapback]

Good thing you came here first... go to the Church and they will beat you, gag you, hold you and chant spells over you to release the demon!

reincarnation is against Catholic religion. So therefore is a sin. You can confess to the priest and/or you can be cleared before death with your last rites. I believe your last rites clear all sins and grant you into Jesus' love.

So Catholics don't believe we are reborn in Christ. I mean I know that is what I believe but I am not Catholic. I hope you are doing okay.

i would ask your local priest.

Good thing you came here first... go to the Church and they will beat you, gag you, hold you and chant spells over you to release the demon!

727613[/snapback]

if they do that to you, change churches. Edited by Something Like Laughter

JohnnyBoyC, why are you Catholic? If you believe in things that are not approved of in your religion what is the point of following it. Maybe that is not your Path. I know I thought about Buddism, but I found it was not my Path, so I moved on.

I think you should beleive in whats best for you.. original.gif

Make your own path. If you believe in reincarnation, and paranormal things, you aren't Catholic. This doesn't mean you can't believe in God and Jesus anymore. With all of your varied spiritual interests, it might be the time to divorce yourself from organized religion (ie Roman Catholicism) and build your own spirituality.

Its fun original.gif

All Paths lead some place. If heaven is what you want then I am sure you will find your way. original.gif

Its not bad to keep an open-mind to the possibilities of reincarnation, meditiation, psi, or spiritual enlightenment. Who honestly knows if God even exsist or not. The exsistance of God has been a long debated topic between scientist. There are several theories that can prove God exist or if God doesn't exsist. No matter how hard we try to prove it, we really can't because simply we dont know. How do you even know if your really practicing catholicism by believing what you read in the bible? The bible has been translated into many diffrent languages. Ever heard "lost in translation"? How do we even know if vital parts of the bible have been mistranslated or reworded to something totally diffrent than the original text. I say believe in what you want to and do not let catholocism keep your mind from wandering to the possiblilities that lie out there. The only way will ever honestly know the true answers is until we die and until then enjoy life. And to anyone who bothered to read my long post thanks for reading this far. original.gif

Btw im new here so hi everyone!

Johnny,

Reincarnation has been accepted since the beginning in BOTH Christianity and Judaism. Some sects of Judaism don't accept it now, but most do. Even Jesus talked about reincarnation when He said 'No one shall eneter the Kingdom of Heaven lest ye be born again'. This is NOT talking about 'born again Christians' or being 'born again' when you're Baptized, it's talking about literal reincarnation. The reason behind it being that when you screw up, you have to be 'born again' to go back and fix up whatever you screwed up the last time. Jesus even talks about the reincarnation of angels into humans (if you can call that 'reincarnation') etc. As do other books.

PSI, there's no reason why that's againts God, or meditation etc. Christianity as a whole (and even Judaism nowadays) holds onto rules which are NOT defined anywhere in text, but solely from man's own fear of certain things. Even sex before marriage isn't defined ANYWHERE throughout the Biblical texts as being a reason to 'go to hell' et al. And the other one, sex solely for procreation. NOWHERE does it say that, did Adam and Eve procreate in Eden? I think not. That aside, it's not outright said ANYWHERE.

Follow the rules as they were written, not the way people interpret them. That's what I do anyway. God gave you a mind t think for yourself, and the free will to make your own decisions. Use it, wisely.

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child

JohnnyBoy,

You're going straight to hell for your beliefs grin2.gif

Seriously, how would you define "Christian"? To me that word simply means to be a follower of Christ. I think that if what you believe does not adversely affect your relationship with God, then there shouldn't be a problem with it.

The Catholic church (I think) has a much more draconian stance on the issue, but then again, I'm not Catholic.

All the best,

I am trying to imagine why God would be angry at you for believing in reincarnation. How is that wrong. I instead think it is wrong for the religion to tell you have to believe in a certain way or you will be punished for it. That sounds like a trick to me. If people don't need churchs, then how can churchs survive? So they use fear to keep you there.

I was a Catholic once. And I remember how they told us it was a sin to not go to church. Very simple tactic I think.

Look into other areas for answers and make up your mind on your own.