Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

salt on fly

reyz2006

I heard from a few people that if you put salt on a fly it will come back to life.

I think it probably works better if it recently died or so i heard. hmm.gif

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moose-Of-Armageddon

• MadEyePixie

• ai_guardian

• mystery-man

HAHAHA funny of course it doesn't bring to life.You can, however, use it in a little recipe I like to call,'Salty Dead Fly Pasties'.Yum original.gif

Edited by Moose-Of-Armageddon

I have a sneaking suspicion that some folks are trying to invent their own urban myths. yes.gif

Theres something much funner than killing a fly then drying it up.

Catch a bee, freeze it for a while in the freezer, after that while bring buzzy out tie a piece of string to his body and when he wakes up he'll start flying and you'll have you're bee kite.

Anyone want some Salty Dead Fly Pasties?

no it doesn't work but you can freeze various insect, including flies and they will wake up after their body warmth up.

Yeah...I dont think thats going to work. As everyone else said, you can freeze things or even keep them in the fridge for a while and they wake up once they warm up. I have meal worms in my fridge right now and its weird watching them "come back to life."

It's not an urban legend (the fly thingy) - it's true! I've done it a number of times but it is not 'bringing it back to life' - just sucking the water (using the salt) out of it.

It goes like this...

catch a fly but don't squish it

submerge it in water until it drowns and stops moving blink.gif

put your drowned fly on a flat surface

cover it with ordinary salt (a mound until it is burried and covered by the salt)

wait 1-2 minutes and the fly will crawl out and fly away...voila

it does work, the fly is not really dead just unable to breath cause of the water in its 'lungs?' - the salt sucks the water out and revives it (I think).

Cheers

ya we used to do this all the time when we were small. one time we squished one by accident and we put it in the water, poured salt on it, and it just stayed there. we also tried it with a beetle.

no way don't treat corpses like that if you don't mind original.gif

It's not an urban legend (the fly thingy) - it's true! I've done it a number of times but it is not 'bringing it back to life' - just sucking the water (using the salt) out of it.

It goes like this...

catch a fly but don't squish it

submerge it in water until it drowns and stops moving blink.gif

put your drowned fly on a flat surface

cover it with ordinary salt (a mound until it is burried and covered by the salt)

wait 1-2 minutes and the fly will crawl out and fly away...voila

it does work, the fly is not really dead just unable to breath cause of the water in its 'lungs?' - the salt sucks the water out and revives it (I think).

Cheers

755970[/snapback]

Too cool. I want to try that. Haha.

It must be tough being a fly. rolleyes.gif

Or you could just make a fly kite like from the Simsons

that's cool... happy.gif

That actually works? Weird.

btw meal worms creep me out more than anything *twitch*

I heard from a few people that if you put salt on a fly it will come back to life.

I think it probably works better if it recently died or so i heard.  hmm.gif

754314[/snapback]

It's not salt dude, it's holy water! Everybody knows that. laugh.gif

Hmm salt on fly’s lol,That theory obviously don’t work on fish lol.

thats how david blaine does that fly revival trick. by freezing it then warming it with his hands. and how do u catch a fly? hmm.gif

i dont believe thats true ive never tried it and i dont think i would want to try it

*Opens a jar of meal worms for Jeenuh*

grin2.gif When my kids were little I told them " If you put salt on a birds tail, you can catch him". While setting up a camping sight, you give them each a salt shaker and they leave you alone for a while. tongue.gif

I tried the whole drown it and cover it with salt bit. Do you know how long it takes to drown a fly? Forever...it started twitching a bit after a while, but it didn't crawl around. I probably goofed up the whole thing.

HAHAHA funny of course it doesn't bring to life.You can, however, use it in a little recipe I like to call,'Salty Dead Fly Pasties'.Yum original.gif

754712[/snapback]

Mmmmmmmmmmm Yummy!!! I have heard if you salt a birds tail that bird cannot fly...weird about salt...