Photo

I am so homesick

Posted by Simbi Laveau , 26 August 2012 · 656 views

http://en.rocketnews...shi-ramen-shop/

This looks oddly yummy

Biff Wellington
Aug 26 2012 03:53 AM
I had a post about Nippon & about being a quarter Jap myself, but it didn't post. So I give up.

Simbi Laveau
Aug 26 2012 06:26 AM
You're part Japanese ? Really !? Do tell
Simbi are you Asian?  Or did you just spend a lot of time there in Japan?  I'd like to go and visit the Islands.  I must admit that my time in Beijing was stressful, the air was dirty and a lot of the people were rude.  In Guangzho it was a little better, at least the air was cleaner.  That's been 12 years ago this Thanksgiving.

Biff Wellington
Aug 26 2012 03:28 PM
My grandmother is from Kota I believe. Like so many from her generation she ended up over here because an Irish American GI. I wish I could remember where she was from. I always get it wrong. Good news is that I can go to Japan for the price of a ticket alone. So are you Japanese or are you an egg?

Simbi Laveau
Aug 26 2012 06:18 PM
I've spent a lot of time in Japan,over the last 20 year's .
I first went in 90 and 91,to study aikido . I wanted to move ,for good,but reasons too long to go into,it just didn't happen .
I'm a little white blond girl and then .Well its red right now,but I'm going to let the blond grow out I think .Red is so hard to keep RED.
I haven't been back since 2007,and I am homesick. I want to be buried in Japan,but that's not possible,since I didn't marry a Japanese.
One of my friends there is dying from cancer,and I'm not going to see her before.....
Yeah..... *sad eyes*
Kota .Is that north west ?
Let me look it up . Do you know any Japanese ? Now that you say it,I can see it in your face .

Simbi Laveau
Aug 26 2012 06:20 PM
And I've always wanted to go to HK and China,but it is filthy . Friends of mine have done acupuncture externships in Beijing hospital ,as its integrative ,and the work they do is great,but even the hospitals smell of sewage,and are filthy .
You don't want your appendix to burst while on holiday in Beijing,is all I can say .

Simbi Laveau
Aug 26 2012 06:36 PM
CANT FIND KOTA BIFF. KOTA IS IN MALAYSIA. AND MY CAP LOCK IS JAMMED .WONDERFUL

Biff Wellington
Aug 26 2012 06:47 PM
Lol! Try Kōta. I could be very wrong on her birthplace. I always get it wrong. It's a tiny town & I'm not even sure which prefecture it is in. I can't speak any but I can understand some if it makes since. I actually want to get a tattoo of a Dosojin & my favorite painter is also Japanese. Anything I learned of Japanese culrure, I learned from being an egg. My Granny is too Americanized these days lol. When she says wallet she says billfold & it comes out beerfur. And when she says aluminium it's great. I can actually be traced back to one of the more prestigious Hashimoto Empires. Maybe I'll luck out one day like John Goodman in King Ralph.

Simbi Laveau
Aug 26 2012 10:43 PM
The accent over the o shouldn't matter. It may be Kohota. I will try again.
Find out which part of the country .
As its very diversified ,and some places speak dialects .

Simbi Laveau
Aug 26 2012 10:50 PM
I found it .It's in Aichi prefecture,which is south of Tokyo ,on the main island on Honshu .
It's the east coast .Close to Nagoya.
I really don't like Nagoya a lot. It's always grey looking there . Even the air feels weird.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Kōta,_Aichi

Oh, I thought you were homesick for that Japánese man squirting mayonaise on young girls.

Simbi Laveau
Aug 27 2012 02:01 AM

Dr. D, on 27 August 2012 - 01:17 AM, said:

Oh, I thought you were homesick for that Japánese man squirting mayonaise on young girls.
Oddly,I have never been a fan of that,at all . Go figure .

Biff Wellington
Aug 28 2012 07:17 AM
Okay I asked her (again) & I was WAY off. She's from Samuraihaba. Don't know where I got Kōta from.

Biff Wellington
Aug 28 2012 07:22 AM
Okay I asked her (again) & I was WAY off. She's from Samuraihaba. Don't know where I got Kōta from.

Simbi Laveau
Aug 29 2012 10:20 AM

Biff Wellington, on 28 August 2012 - 07:17 AM, said:

She's using a colloquialism I think . haba,is not the usual ending of any name .
It's like its samurai something,which might not be the actual name of the area.
I'm googling,and getting nothing .
Is it north,south east ,west . It is def honshu island . She's not from Okinawa or Hokkaido or Fukuoka ...right ?

Simbi Laveau
Aug 29 2012 10:27 AM
It could also mean the number 8....samurai 8 .....hmmm.....ask her where it is . Does she speak a dialect,and if so,which one,that narrows down the area considerably

Simbi Laveau
Aug 29 2012 10:43 AM
Got it .
Samuraihama mura .
Way north east ,on Honshu .
It's actually not very far from the tsunamis main strike area.

http://www.tageo.com...0-d-m367125.htm

Simbi Laveau
Aug 29 2012 10:44 AM
http://www.geographi...id=3240&c=japan

And yes,it was called that because of the samurai population there .

Simbi Laveau
Aug 29 2012 11:05 AM
http://www.yomiuri.c...10312004789.htm

OK ,samuraihama ,is part of Kuji,in Iwate prefecture,and it was completely leveled by the tsunami .
She didn't mention this ? She had family there ? It's gone .

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Categories

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    beelzebufo
    17 Dec 2013 - 00:52
  • Photo
    QuiteContrary
    22 Nov 2013 - 14:26