Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is it airborne?

EllJay

Ebola_virus_1.jpg

This picture is almost as universally known as the swastika or the peace-symbol, and it tell tales of horror - Ebola

Now they suspect that the Ebola virus might have mutated and gotten airborne, but only in a lab-study.

In short, Ebola is a viral disease that ultimately causes hemorrhagic fever and bleeding from all the bodily orifices and organ breakdown. Some say that doing a autopsy on a Ebola victim is like open up a Calzone-pizza.

The Ebola virus can spread through the air from pigs to macaques, a new study suggests.

“The evidence that the virus got from a pig to a monkey through a respiratory route is good,” says Glenn Marsh, a molecular virologist at the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization’s Animal Health Laboratory in Geelong, Australia. Marsh was not involved in the new study but has investigated Ebola and other viruses in pigs.

The new study raises questions about whether humans can also transmit Ebola by respiratory routes, says Pierre Formenty, of the World Health Organization’s Control of Epidemic Diseases Unit. That is something that will have to be investigated in future outbreaks, he says.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-20341423

http://www.sciencene...may_go_airborne

http://www.medicalda...e-pass-between-species.htm

A lot of these viruses are mutating or becoming treatment resistant. I think the day will come one of them will take care of the overpopulation problem.

• Like 1

A lot of these viruses are mutating or becoming treatment resistant. I think the day will come one of them will take care of the overpopulation problem.

I would take a deadly flu-virus any day before catching Ebola.

With Ebola all your organs blood vessels disintegrate and you bleed like a pig from your eyes, ears, mouth, nose and a** until you die.

I would categorize that as unpleasant.

How come I couldn't of opened this yesterday when I wasn't munching on a reheated pepperoni calzone. Nothing like pictures of a horrifying way to die every time you try to take a bite of a late night snack.

The ebola virus isn't the only microbial that is changing. All over organisms ae becoming resitant to antibiotic and antivirals. Also with HIV many people, especially in other countries, are uneducated about the virus. People think that because 2 partners both have HIV they don't need to use protection. The problem is that many people have different strains of the virus and then the 2 different strains mutate together. Although I cannot find the text, there is speculation, that due to mutations, in the near furture HIV may be able to be pread through siliva. The world is always evolving to find new ways to kill us.