Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best Films So far this year... and oscar tips

ames2787

Hey all, what does everyone think theyve been the best movies this year, and who/what do we all think is going to be up for oscars?

Saw Finding Neverland on Friday and I think that should get some - what about everyone else?

Ames original.gif

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ames2787

• Shakezulah

• LittleIrishVampiress

• mr_halo

ummm...shrek 2 is the first one off the top of my head as a good moovie (ok not in running for best movie or actor...but still)

oscars...no idea

It might win best special effects or best animated film maybe something like that.

I agree twas a good film too original.gif

Ames original.gif

The next oscars will be in 2005 right? I've never seen the Oscars or read much about them, other than hearing some of the winners but isn't it split wierdly? Like instead of been at the end of 2004 so it has all the 2004 movies it's mid way through the year so it will have mostly 2004 movies and some 2005 movies?

The Day After Tomorrow will probably be up for best visual effects.

Best Picture... Passion of the Christ, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Aviator, The Machinist, Alexander

Best Actor... Christian Bale had better damn get one for The Machinist. Jim Caviezel (The Passion of the Christ), Jim Carrey (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind), Leonardo DiCaprio (The Aviator), Eric Bana (Troy) or Jamie Foxx (Ray)...

Best Actress... Kate Winslet (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind), Julia Roberts (Closer), Natalie Portman (Garden State), Uma Thurman (Kill Bill Vol. 2), Nicole Kidman (Birth.)

Best Director... Martin Scorcese (The Aviator), Oliver Stone (Alexander), Mel Gibson (The Passion of the Christ)

Best Animation... Shrek 2, Polar Express...

Edited by TheCrow

the incrediables!!! ok so its not out yet.....but still!! its pixar! laugh.gif

Empire has some of those ones tipped in its oscar picks thing, and also don't forget Johnny for best actor ... swoon

ugh..eternal sunshine was really sh*** blink.gif

umm..i really cant think of any at the mo....but i cant wait to see alfie!!!! *drool*

wub.gifwub.gif jude wub.gifwub.gif

the new Dawn of the Dead should be up for an oscar! too bad they dont nominate those kinda movies tho. they only nominate boring piles of crap, not good movies.

why did u hate eternal sunshine so much?

kate's been in two good films this year so i'm not sure which she'd get nominated for - i guess the finding neverland one was more serious and emotional - so maybe that one - although the part in eternal sunshine was bigger so who knows eh.

it was just so boring and was going nowhere...

dawn of the dead??????! wacko.gif thats so weird coz eternal sunshine and dawn of the dead were the two movies i rented one night that i was so regretful of renting rolleyes.gif worse movie night of my life. put me off renting movies for awhile they were so bad, esp. when watched one after the other.. dontgetit.gif

but everyone to their own grin2.gifwhistling2.gif

Maybe you were expecting it to be hilariously funny cos Jim Carrey?

I liked it, but like ya say each to their own - I heard dawn of the dead was crap and no where near as good as the original, but having seen neither I don't feel fully qualified to comment!

Go Johnny Depp though! He was robbed for Pirates hehehe

ha! the old Dawn of the Dead was a huge piece of crap compared to the new one. its kinda dumb anyways. but the new one was amazingly great. a lot of action and scariness. its the best zombie movie ive ever seen. i dont see how any horror fan couldnt like that movie. it was so awesome. i still gotta buy the DVD.

What's AVP gonna win - worst film of the year lol?

Saw's unlikely to win anything, it doesn't seem to fit it into any categories, but was a good film none the less.

damnit. i went to see Saw with my 2 friends, one of which is now 17. we had a plan to sneak in, but my 17 year old friend ruined by not doing what we told him to. he bought i ticket to Saw and went to see it without us. that dick! so me and my other friend wasted out money on a ticket to a movie i didnt even wanna see. it didnt see it anyways tho. so i missed out on that great movie. im gonna try to see it this weekend tho.

Eternal Sunshine was such an incredible movie. I was a little worried at first that it would be a snooze-fest, but I ended up being extremely impressed with it.

I haven't seen Finding Neverland yet though. I don't think it comes out here for another couple of weeks.

Good on Kate for being in two good movies in one year - although Finding Neverland was made ages ago - before even Pirates of the Caribbean - they held it back because of the live action Peter Pan movie they didn't want to compete with it - even though it's not the same story - but oh well lol

Ames original.gif

hmmm but isn't Finding Neverland a children's movie?? well the story is so i don't expect the movie to be any different. Anyway Best movie of the year would be-----White Chicks!!

It's not out yet, but I bet the Aviator will be excellent. I also can't wait to see The Life Aquatic.

I've been kinda disappointed in the movies so far this year. sad.gif

Edited by JennRose

How is the story of finding neverland a children's story lol?

It has a PG certificate but only cos it's not filled with sex, drugs, violence and swearing.

It is the story of love, death and inspiration and very touching at the same time - saw it again last night, best film of the year original.gif