Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Do you openly share all your experiences?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 4,123 posts

• Hi! :-)

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

Do you generally share all your experiences on UM willingly either by starting a thread or using them as examples when posting on others?

Are you afraid of the reactions you may receive?

Have you told one or two but kept the rest quiet because of negative feedback?

Do you feel that your experiences are private and you only share when you are led to do so?

Do you choose to share selectively with members you have grown to trust via private message rather than in the public forums?

Do you have so many experiences, or do they happen so frequently that you think people will begin to not take you seriously or think you are just looking for attention?

I guess im asking for you to share why you have decided to share or not to share and how much your holding back....

For me I have shared a few things. I mostly share the same thing over and over again when hauntings come up... these seem to be so similar in description that I cant help but say... hey that happened to me too!

I just tried to answer my own questions but found it very difficult! Lets see if anyone is braver than I am....

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#2    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,289 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

What kind of "experiences" you talking about here?

#3    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

I couldnt keep up with all the topics "I" would like to start. Theres enough good ones for me to work off generally. If not Ill go have fun.

#4    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 7,812 posts

• I'd rather laugh than argue.

Choose your weapon.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 15 January 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

I guess im asking for you to share why you have decided to share or not to share and how much your holding back....

That's the central question I suppose. In my almost 50 years I've seen many aweful/awesome things. Nothing supernatural per se.

Okay. Maybe once that I've never settled the circumstances in my own mind.

One time I was fighting a forest fire and I got too far back into the bush with not enough water. A tree came down between me and the fireline. The rush of flame and air that came towards me looked like a demon's face. I can still see it's wide eyes, long nose, curled mouth, round cheeks, horns etc. I can still see its' face in my mind's eye...

It stopped about 3 feet from my face, instead of a kiss it singed me badly.

Supernatural, mystical? I don't know, but it taught me a valuable lesson. The 'fire god', if there is one, let my stupid a$$ go that day, and I'm thankful for that. :)

As per your question, I'll never hold anything back, but I won't offer it freely until I'm prodded a bit.

Edit: to maybe answer your question, if someone asked me outright about 'fire gods' of 'fire demons', I'd probably shrug and walk away. But since no one asked me the question directly, is probably why I offered that story. I don't know.

Edited by Likely Guy, 15 January 2013 - 06:47 AM.

#5    shadowx

shadowx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

I've seen and heard many things, and I imagine with the way I search and continue walking forward as I do I'm going to see many more before my life story ends. I'm a psychic Christian, an empath who has wielded the abilities of God and in fact has had his own natural abilities affected by them in turn. Something that to many people would seem contradictory to most anyone that thinks about it, and in turn makes others like me feel as if Christianity claims that it's a sin for them to even exist. I suppose to relate this topic to the question, I came searching for a site like this to help others as much as I can. Even if it isn't much if only a few walk away better because of me being here I'd say my involvement is worth it.

I guess what I'm saying is I'd be willing to share anything supernatural related you ask about, or at least the opinions I have on it if I haven't seen it myself. In real life I restrict myself on saying much, Paul says to not involve anybody not in the know after all, but on this site I can assume anybody searching or reading what I write is in the know enough to count :)

#6    SCFan

SCFan

ISA 62:2; 65:15; HOS 1:10; 2:23; MATT 21:43; ACTS 11:26

• 2,621 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

Do you generally share all your experiences on UM willingly either by starting a thread or using them as examples when posting on others? Not really.

Are you afraid of the reactions you may receive? Absolutely.

Have you told one or two but kept the rest quiet because of negative feedback? Not telling.

Do you feel that your experiences are private and you only share when you are led to do so? Absolutely.

Do you choose to share selectively with members you have grown to trust via private message rather than in the public forums? Absolutely.

Do you have so many experiences, or do they happen so frequently that you think people will begin to not take you seriously or think you are just looking for attention? Absolutely.

For me I have shared a few things. I mostly share the same thing over and over again when hauntings come up... these seem to be so similar in description that I cant help but say... hey that happened to me too!

I just tried to answer my own questions but found it very difficult! Lets see if anyone is braver than I am....

My experiences revolve around what I call a wraith and elemental spirits. That is far as I am going. If I laid out my whole story here it would be scoffed at as outlandish at best be dubbed an attention seeker. There is no denying the supernatural. I believe the supernatural prefers to go unnoticed, using subterfuge and manipulating human weakness itself, influencing the mundane and ordinary with such subtle touches most simply won't recognize it and written it off as normal human behavior or coincidence.

I believe circumstance rise in our lives with a purpose, but we either overcome them which leads to our spiritual growth or we choose to be corrupted by them which can lead to bitterness or a darker path in life.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#7    NiteMarcher

NiteMarcher

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

• Until We Meet Again--Peace, Health & Wealth to You

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

1) Do you generally share all your experiences on UM willingly either by starting a thread or using them as examples when posting on others?

A: It's normal for me to answer another's post if based on a topic of interest or according to my experience/knowledge of the topic

2) Are you afraid of the reactions you may receive?

A: Now at all, because I leave it all up to the reader as to how he wishes to perceive, interpret or comprehend what I've written

3) Have you told one or two but kept the rest quiet because of negative feedback?

A: Negative feedback doesn't stop me from expressing my views, opinions, beliefs or experiences--I'm not here to please everyone, only to   share

4) Do you feel that your experiences are private and you only share when you are led to do so?

A: I wouldn't be here on UM if I didn't wish to share--be it private or not--it all boils back down to the subject on hand

5) Do you choose to share selectively with members you have grown to trust via private message rather than in the public forums?

A: I don't converse privately with anyone nor do I choose too--I'd rather answer one in all honesty--so best to keep others at arms length

6) Do you have so many experiences, or do they happen so frequently that you think people will begin to not take you seriously or think you are just looking for attention?

A: Let them think what they want--I'm not here to please, I'm here to share--if they don't like what I'm sharing, they can always take a hike.

Believe what you want and I'll believe whatever I want...it's an open field, and
everyone is given a chance at making a home run...

#8    dannyboy52

dannyboy52

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 122 posts

• You Can Fool Some People All Of The Time,And All Of The People Some Of The Time, But You Cant Fool All Of The People All Of The Time

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

I am not a "pushy" kind of person.I believe in certain things,things that have happened through personal experiences, but if I see some of these know it all people who instantly dismiss others opinions, thats the ones that get me going, along with these so called christians who happen to go to a church on their given day but lambast the other six days.If I am a christian, then it is by my choice and I would never dream of overbearing other people with christianity, a lot of people just dont get it.There is more to living and dying than life and death, perhaps one day we will find out

#9    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

Do you generally share all your experiences on UM willingly either by starting a thread or using them as examples when posting on others?

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

Do you feel that your experiences are private and you only share when you are led to do so?

Yup.  

Do you choose to share selectively with members you have grown to trust via private message rather than in the public forums?

That had been possible once; however, the status of that ever happening has changed. So, answer would be: It is not a choice for me.

Do you have so many experiences, or do they happen so frequently that you think people will begin to not take you seriously or think you are just looking for attention?

Not sure how to answer that. To me my life is 'normal'. I've been a certain way all my life and I've accepted things and used to it. So, in that regard, my life as a -whole- people may not take seriously and that's okay. -I- enjoy my life.

I hold back a lot.

I have done that in past circles. To share an experience that is similar in description does seem (for me) to act as a safety net.

For me, personally, I find that it is better to sit patiently and wait. Eventually, something will tug at me and that grabs my attention.

Good job on the post OP!  Thank you for the thread.

Thumbs up to the OP of this thread! ;)

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#10    notforgotten

notforgotten

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

• One day I saw my doppelganger and someone in heaven revealed to me that I had been cloned by aliens.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

I've seen spirits well over a thousand times. I couldn't possibly share all my experiences. I share what I believe to be important.

#11    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,670 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

If the opportunity arises I will freely share.

No.

I used to be but no longer am.

As I understand I myself chooses what to believe and I also choose who to address. If a skeptic/cynic wants to debate/attack, I don't have to address them, my point in sharing my experiences is never to convince another, skeptics who come at me with this angle might discover that we have two different approaches, they want to shut down those who are trying to explain themselves and convince others, I on the other hand only want to find connections, that is interesting to me, debating and trying to convince another is not interesting to me.

Negative feedback is a good social control tool. I don't let others use it on me because I recognize what it is. Of course it is disappointing when I cannot connect to someone. Connecting to someone for me is more important than negative/positive feedback. I like neutral feedback instead. Don't disagree, don't agree, just show me how the world works for you and I will do the same and let us find the similarities.

Now I will address some negative feedback but only if I feel I can use the opportunity to shed light on lesser known concepts I believe in. Selectively handling negative feedback, then only addressing it when I can show how the world works for me. So in the end I still get to do my primary goal, show how the world works for me, the great tragedy is not that others are not receptive but that they in turn did not share how the world works for them, what they find most interesting. I do know they disagree with what I believe but nothing about them.

So-so. My experiences are private but I am willing to share if at least one person is interested in exchange. Whether or not there might be an audience does not really matter, even if many of them might disagree, my focus will be primarily on those who are accepting.

So this occasionally results in me sharing then simply walking away from a thread because no one was on my wave length.

I know most of the good stuff comes out in PMs but I avoid PMs for personal reasons. I would rather discuss in a public forum where the chances of one or more will add in something I can find value in, even if it is just them being themselves.

PMs at times can feel like a chore. I think everyone should just try to aim for authenticity more often. The world we live in has so many constructs that we maintain. Filters. Hyperreality is something I would like to see have a few holes poked through. In them a light as bright as the sun will cast beams of reality and in those tiny corners my soul will be warmed.

My experiences are not me, in fact I attempt to find reasons for them, but unlike a skeptic I would never destroy the magic of these experiences for others or myself. I believe even if I know the scientific explanation.

Others see their experiences as themselves, so if you discount their experience it is as if you are discounting them as a person. They can get really angry if you offer alternative explanations from the one they prefer. In either case a preternatural view is my preference.

The only thing that holds me back is lack of a proper setting. Someone has to already be discussing something similar, I have to bring it up, someone has to be receptive, if not there is no use in sharing my experiences or techniques.

You should post in other forums and see what comes up. I believe you might have experiences that need to be told.

I find it less bravery and more luck. Finding others interested in the same concepts and approach is playing against the odds.

#12    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

I think I've shared all of the entertaining hypnagogic hallucinations I've had over three decades. They've been the source of my skepticism about things like bedroom alien abductions and other paranormal experiences that people describe when they've woken up. They'd make great ghost stories if they hadn't been so silly.

#13    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,504 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Sometimes,  if it's relevant.

No.  I don't care what people without think who have zero experiences, have made-up or exaggerated their own stories to bolster their own credibility. Obviously, these would be the 'negative' reactions.

No, I lay it out on here because I want to see if anyone else has had similar experiences.

I can only repeat them so many times, so I'll only mention it if it's necessary to the conversation.

No.

I don't care what they think.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#14    Seattleite

Seattleite

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Usually. I keep the small stuff to myself.

No, not really. But I do dislike cries of "FAKE" and the like. Thankfully, I have only gotten one so far.

I've shared the big stuff. The rest I keep because the universal answer would likely be "So what?"

Would I have joined this site if I felt that way?

Not really. I kept a few non-paranormal background facts to just me and a moderator, but that's it.

We all feel like that sometimes. Wait, don't we?

And really, it's just that there's a lot of stuff that is wierd but not wierd enough or that is wierd enough but too small to post. I have a few things I've mentioned. Beyond that I get a lot of strangeness that is minor enough to keep to myself. Who really cares if I find mystery wounds on my body? Who really cares that I saw a girl do things she couldn't possibly survive multiple times? Who cares if I met somebody with googly-eyes wearing an actual tinfoil hat? (Alright, seriously. Does anybody actually believe those things work?) Who cares that I always hear people moving around my house when its empty and even sometimes see glimpses of them? Nobody but me, I'm sure.

Well... yeah. Probably a lot of people.

Edited by Seattleite, 15 January 2013 - 06:34 PM.

"It's not what you don't know that hurts you, it's what you know that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

"Anger is a gift." -Zack de la Rocha

#15    XingWi

XingWi

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

Well, you cannot share all your experiences if you are a lifetime experiencer. But I don't hold back anything when I think it can help someone understand the issue in question.

I don't give a damn.

No. I've been insulted, attacked and trolled from the moment I joined this website. But nothing has stopped me from sharing my experiences in public.

No.

Not me. I'm not afraid or embarassed to share anything in public. But the other person might not feel the same way about sharing his experiences or discussing them in public. Many times I take the discussion to private messaging if I feel like the person can feel uncomfortable discussing certain aspects in public or will be subjected to attacks from the skeptics if certain issues concerning his experiences are brought up in public. Or for some other similar reasons.

Like I said before, I don't give a damn. My claims are HUGE. I have communicated with certain entities and realized that apocalyptical prophecies of the major religions of the world are coming true. Obviously, the skeptics will call me mad for making such huge claims. But I say let them go to hell. And hell is vast. ;)

Lets see if anyone is braver than I am....
:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users