Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Map of bigfoot sightings

Myles

Everywhere yet nowhere.

But again, the BFRO reports are not all sightings! Some are simply alleged sounds or smells or prints or nests, etc. How can a researcher not see that or include that bit of important information.

From a brief data compilation I did on the BFRO database:

*Note* All reports are assigned a classification of A, B or C by the BFRO. However, even though BFRO lists these as “Sightings by Region” on the sidebar menu on it’s main page, a report listing for a state does not necessarily mean it was a sighting report where the witness actually saw the animal clearly.

Some “A” reports listed only refer to footprints even a handprint in one I came across. “B” reports may refer to poor visibility, or sounds, smells, sign, missing livestock, etc.

In the 11 states listed below with the most reports, 50% are B with a few C.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

Now overlap the range of bears and you might see a correlation.

Wrong overlay the map of UFO Sightings with A Class Bigfoot Sightings and there you have a correlation. Trust me i have done it on Google Earth.

• Like 1

Wrong overlay the map of UFO Sightings with A Class Bigfoot Sightings and there you have a correlation. Trust me i have done it on Google Earth.

So kooks who see crazy **** see all different kinds of crazy ****?

• Like 1

There are various types of encounters, my only experience, because I don't know if it was a Bigfoot or not, was with a smell. Which was like being down wind from a dozen Frenchmen who'd just finished player volleyball. Which is why I'd be hesitant to even call it an encounter.

There are various types of encounters, my only experience, because I don't know if it was a Bigfoot or not, was with a smell. Which was like being down wind from a dozen Frenchmen who'd just finished player volleyball. Which is why I'd be hesitant to even call it an encounter.

Exactly, and neither should databases label them "sightings" when they are not.

• Like 1

That's really the crux of it, isn't it? I suppose I could have screamed that I saw Bigfoot but the truth is what I experienced could be easy explained by something other than a Bigfoot.

Not only that but I would think that an actual sighting would at least be more noteworthy than just getting a whiff of something.

So kooks who see crazy **** see all different kinds of crazy ****?

I noticed that too.

It's pretty interesting seeing all these encounters gathered together and organised, do you reckon it supports the existence of Bigfoot?

Only once in 100 years has someone reported spotting a Sasquatch in the state of Maine? Looking at that map, that is the place where the sports go hunting and fishing, so likely one of them got all liquored up, sighted a black bear on its hind legs and thought it was a Sasquatch.

Well I this would have frightened me more than the bigfoot, of course they would have all been running in the same direction away from you sacre bleu lol

Not only that, but I think we should really question these sightings lists especially when someone can post anonymously without any follow up.

Not only that, but I think we should really question these sightings lists especially when someone can post anonymously without any follow up.

I completely agree. I've questioned the authenticity of reports and lack of objectivity by those signing off on these reports for years.

But I was commenting on the researcher in the OP and the databases in general, both using the the very misleading term "sighting" reports. And I responded with what I had found when looking at the most infamous database and taking the reports at face value.

That is the tricky part about bigfoot commentary. Responding to what is out there and offered up. That is, meeting the "evidence" where it's at. Yet at the same time, personally, not being convinced any of it is "evidence" of this creature at all.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Not many sightings in Canada by comparison,says it all for me,largely normal down to earth people there.

Not many sightings in Canada by comparison,says it all for me,largely normal down to earth people there.

The OP article specifically mentioned it was about the United States. "Sightings" correlate with population density maps. Other maps show just how many are alleged in Canada, especially in BC. Check out Mangani's bigfoot map. Again, less people correlates with less dots on the map for both countries.

http://penn.freeserv...om/bigfootmaps/

Edited by QuiteContrary

I suppose we have a right to question this research regarding statistics and methods. But, at the very least, some effort has finally been made to begin to systematize these "interactions." Perhaps in the next phase of review, some methods can be used to more accurately distinguish the type and degree of interaction and provide a much more realistic picture. I think having credible imagining and audio from wildlife biologists would begin to provide the rigor that is required. But, we do seem to be at a loss for it ...

Now overlap the range of bears and you might see a correlation.

Ahhhhh, not even close. There are no bears in many states

Really???? yikes! I had no idea, thanks for that

I noticed that too.

Yeah but if there is something in the food or water that makes people loco, mon amis, somebody should *show* that.

This is exactly the type of hard evidence that suggests to me that BF is *real*

"Right away, you can see that sightings are not evenly distributed," Stevens said on his websiteexternal-link.png. "There are distinct regions where sightings are incredibly common, despite a very sparse population. On the other hand, in some of the most densely populated areas, Sasquatch sightings are exceedingly rare. The terrain and habitat likely play a major role in the distribution of reports."

There is no way that over 100 years of sightings and over a large land mass that there could be this *huge*, ongoing conspiracy to get a few people from one area to make up BS about BF and a lot of people to do likewise in some other area. you would think that hoaxing would be far more homogenous

that makes *no* sense.

Have you seen all the people that have come forward to *claim* they supplied the "monkey suit" to Patterson to use in his PG BigFoot film?

So why after 100 years has someone not come forward to tell us about this gigantic, 100 year old on-going conspiracy?

Ain't buying that at *all*, sorry y'all.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

Ahhhhh, not even close. There are no bears in many states

How do you know that the bears in those states haven't just been hiding?

How do you know that the bears in those states haven't just been hiding?

ROFLMAO!!

cute :clap:

You silly man! Bears are not allowed to hide from anyone.

Must I explain everything around here?

:w00t: