Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

nazca lines

et's daddy

what is the prevailing thought here ?

i mean why make them so big when it seems they cant be appreciated from the ground

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• et's daddy

• aquatus1

• Stellar

• ThomasP

Actually, all you need to do to appreciate them is to go about twenty feet up. The local government put a ramp about that high on the side of the freeway where you can see the lizard. You don't need to be flying to see them.

My personal theory, and it has absolutely nothing in the way of supporting evidence: They were the final exam of the students of mathematics in their civilization. The average students made the hundreds and hundreds of triangles and lines, the honor students went for the extra credit pictures.

aquatus1 Posted Today, 12:06 AM

Actually, all you need to do to appreciate them is to go about twenty feet up. The local government put a ramp about that high on the side of the freeway where you can see the lizard. You don't need to be flying to see them.

to the best of my knowledge when the lines were created they didnt have a freeway

next ?

to the best of my knowledge when the lines were created they didnt have a freeway

next ?

488299[/snapback]

Right, I should have been more clear. The local government of our era put up a ramp, for the tourists. It is part of all the tours that go on down there. It is, essentially, very well made scaffolding. The ancients could easily have done the same, with wooden poles, rope, and such.

How where they made?

The actual lines were most likely made with a broom sweeping away the dark top layer of rocks, exposing the light hardened desert soil below. The designs, well, that depends on whether you are talking about the lines, the triangles, or the pictures.

i knew what you meant i was being an ****

i had heard though that they may have made some form of air travel ?

like a hot air ballon

is that possible ?

Not exactly. There was one guy, I forget his name, who did make a hot-air ballon using nothing but materials that would have been available at the time, but proof of concept is not proof of actuality. Similarly, there is another guy who showed how you could use a kite to move stones on the Giza Plateau, but thtere is little to suggest the Egyptians used that method. There is no evidence that the ancients made any sort of flying machine, balloon or otherwise, themselves.

I think I'm being a little grumpy tonight. Sorry if I sounded trite wink2.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

seems you would need to be atleast 100 feet in the air to fully appreciate these

no ?

The truth behind the line is hidden in History, and the real reason for their making may be more surprising than All our Speculations.

I like landing strip for space aliens my self. It Would make a great Movie! thumbsup.gif

The prevailing thought is that these lines were meant to be viewed from the air. Yes, I think that is obvious. But, has any one thought that they were tributes to the gods. Meant for them to see as a tribute to them and as a tribute to their creators. Why do some jump to the craziest conclusions when there are much more logical ones available

a tribute to the monkey god ?

yeah thats much more plausible  thumbsup.gif

488339[/snapback]

you are the one who suggested "monkey" god. If you will take a look at art history even for a moment you will see that art started out as religious expression. Honoring the gods by making the subject of their art be one of the gods creations, especially one important to their culture, is a common theme. By the way, sarcasm is a shortcut to thinking.

and youre taking a shortcut away from the possibility that they were meant to be seen by something other then a "god"

seems you would need to be atleast 100 feet in the air to fully appreciate these

no ?

488334[/snapback]

No. You can certainly see them well from a hundred feet, but you can see them well enough from much lower as well.

And, of course, you are assuming they were meant to be seen, instead, for instance, to be simply appreciated for what they are, either spiritual, religious, or even aesthetic. We really don't know enough about these people to speculate on the significance of the drawings. For all we know, they were simply meant to be like the Buddhist mandalas, pictures to contemplate within your mind while striving for spiritual perfection. Personally, due to the incredible number of them on the desert plain, I cannot help but think of them as less than unique and special, and more as regular and required secular actions from the culture responsible for them.

The purpose of the Nasca Lines is, like Roger said, is hidden in history. We will likely never know, like so many other unexplained mysteries our world holds.

So since we are likely to never learn the truth, there isn't any sense in mocking or disputing the theories of others.

Personally, I like to think that perhaps it was a way of communicating with aliens that had visited the Earth at that time, whom were likely revered as gods to the people.

But that's just me causing trouble. I like the theory about math tests too.

Well very interesting question original.gif

Nobody has never figured the fact, even among the literature ( even Maria Reiche ? ) that Nazca Lines feature animals than could not be found in the pampa surrounding Nazca.

The Nazca lines feature animals like monkeys , spiders and there are no.....monkeys in the peruvian coast !

If you visit Peru one day , you will discover a coast comparable to.....Sahara disgust.gif

Don't you think it's strange ???

How can you explain the fact that Nazca civilisation represented these animals , they couldn't encounter them in their livings ?

and youre taking a shortcut away from the possibility that they were meant to be seen by something other then a "god"

Are you trying to say they were meant to be seen by aliens?

That would imply that the civilization knew of aliens... And if they knew of aliens, I'd bet they'd see them as gods...

Are you trying to say they were meant to be seen by aliens?

That would imply that the civilization knew of aliens... And if they knew of aliens, I'd bet they'd see them as gods...

494662[/snapback]

Thank you stellar. I'm glad someone's on the same page as me.

I tottaly think "Gods" were really aliens. I mean, seriously, even the most trivial of technology if taken back in time a few thousand years would be like "woah thats amazing he must be a god" - take a mere lighter for example.

If aliens have the technology to travel here (and we can't see any more habitable planets in our solar system, but in our galaxy there might be... but it would take a long time with our current technology) which technology would grealy surpass that of even today - of course these aliens would be seen as gods.

It's just another theory though.

As for the lines, perhaps they were trying to communicate, or even get the aliens to stop. Cause well, it's hard to ignore something like that when flying by.

As for the lines, perhaps they were trying to communicate, or even get the aliens to stop. Cause well, it's hard to ignore something like that when flying by.

I dont think so... I think they were tributes to their gods.