Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

"I have found a mathematical equation that.."

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#46    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:58 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 11 August 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

Fair play to you for trying...

I'm not "trying" anything, like I said, I'm just neutral :)

I was just browsing and saw that thread so I thought I would share it here, since there's always these things going on. Maybe someone would find it interesting, or say it's nothing and dismiss it (which they did). I'm neutral, neither here nor there, not for, nor against. If there's a god, so be it. If not, so be it.

I never said "This equation is the truth and everything other than Islam is false". No, I was only sharing, as a neutral observer and learner. In truth, I prefer peace.

I just want to live and die happy :)

So I'm just searching for truth. Thank you, and peace be with you.

#47    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

View PostLrak, on 11 August 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

I'm not "trying" anything, like I said, I'm just neutral :)

When the Irish say - Fair play to you.. it is a compliment...I was saying  fair play to you for trying to put out something of interest and you were decent about it..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#48    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 11 August 2012 - 10:08 PM, said:

When the Irish say - Fair play to you.. it is a compliment...I was saying  fair play to you for trying to put out something of interest and you were decent about it..

My mistake, sorry! I'm Malaysian so I misunderstood :D

#49    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:19 AM

View PostLrak, on 11 August 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

My mistake, sorry! I'm Malaysian so I misunderstood :D

It's quite alight.. Now when you hear someone say - Fair play to you for winning  blah blah.. Or... Fair play to you for trying hard  etc etc... You will know they are giving you some praise.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#50    B Randomly

B Randomly

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 182 posts

• Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    -Gandhi

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:13 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 11 August 2012 - 03:38 AM, said:

It would be great if you could educate yourself on mathematical equations before pretending to be "open minded" and criticising other's understanding (something you clearly fail yourself). Because the crap you babbled, is not a mathematical equation.

I have no problem with anyone here, and intend to keep it that way...  If you feel I was calling you out, you're mistaken.  I wasn't pointing that at anyone in particular.  I was simply referring to anyone close-minded enough to refute what this guy has to say because of their social/political/religious views, and not becuase they truly understand what he's trying to say.  Today's world/media has Americans pitted against muslims, which makes people more likely to say "pfft... he's muslim and his equation doesn't make sense to me", which is why I made that comment.

Also, I didn't babble about anything.  I simply gave a breakdown of what he explained, to make it easier to understand....  I never even gave a personal view of how I felt about the equation, itself.  Only a comment on the representation of his equation.

Edited by B Randomly, 12 August 2012 - 02:31 AM.

#51    B Randomly

B Randomly

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 182 posts

-Gandhi

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:21 PM

After thinking about this equation, it is valid.  It's valid because every number is infinite, without exception, and can be proven with math. (zero is not a quantity, it is a lack of quantity).

the dichotomy paradox comes to mind... everything in locomotion must reach a half-way point of it's destination.  Before it can reach it's goal, it must reach half, before it reaches half, it must reach quarter, before quarter, eighth.... you can hit the calculator as many times as you want and it will never reach 0.  Which makes, (1 + (+/-) = infinity), a valid equation.

#52    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,375 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

It is bad math, whether to comes from a Muslim, Christian or a Pagan, it is still bad Math.  The guy is trying to say it is proof of a god. It is proof he is a poor mathematician, that is all.  If your going to make statements of proof you should make sure you know what you're talking about.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#53    Eroy B

Eroy B

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

Only for to page 3, but  as a self ordinariness math wiz, give this thought. He says there are no other gods before me, does he say there are no other gods? Or does he say not to worship the others more than you do him? As in their irrelevant because he powers them? Can I rewrite the equation for another perspective? |1|+1+(+/-)=inf (no iPhone symbol) how can you write 1?  The first one is god cuz its positive or negative. The second one is you. The rest ye same of course. I guess what in saying is that god needs and is with is no matter what. He created free will. We created which way the balance goes with his help of course. God guides u thru all and the first one is written how it is because he can be negative but shows positive. He doesn't want to tempt us negatively, we choose that. The second one could actually be x. Just throwin my thoughts out.

What I'm saying:

God made me to make a decision to the outcome of my life.

#54    Eroy B

Eroy B

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

It's an understand. Not a religion. Numbers is a book.

#55    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,793 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

View PostB Randomly, on 12 August 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

After thinking about this equation, it is valid.  It's valid because every number is infinite, without exception, and can be proven with math. (zero is not a quantity, it is a lack of quantity).
Ok, prove it.

the dichotomy paradox comes to mind... everything in locomotion must reach a half-way point of it's destination.  Before it can reach it's goal, it must reach half, before it reaches half, it must reach quarter, before quarter, eighth.... you can hit the calculator as many times as you want and it will never reach 0.  Which makes, (1 + (+/-) = infinity), a valid equation.
Maybe you wanna trying thinking a bit more. (+|-) isn't a value. Attempting to use zeno's paradox isn't going to fix poor math skills.

Edited by Rlyeh, 13 August 2012 - 03:35 PM.

#56    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,793 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

View PostEroy B, on 13 August 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

Only for to page 3, but  as a self ordinariness math wiz, give this thought. He says there are no other gods before me, does he say there are no other gods? Or does he say not to worship the others more than you do him? As in their irrelevant because he powers them? Can I rewrite the equation for another perspective? |1|+1+(+/-)=inf (no iPhone symbol) how can you write 1?  The first one is god cuz its positive or negative. The second one is you. The rest ye same of course. I guess what in saying is that god needs and is with is no matter what. He created free will. We created which way the balance goes with his help of course. God guides u thru all and the first one is written how it is because he can be negative but shows positive. He doesn't want to tempt us negatively, we choose that. The second one could actually be x. Just throwin my thoughts out.
This has nothing do to with maths.

#57    B Randomly

B Randomly

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 182 posts

-Gandhi

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:00 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 13 August 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

Ok, prove it.

Maybe you wanna trying thinking a bit more. (+|-) isn't a value. Attempting to use zeno's paradox isn't going to fix poor math skills.

Listen Rlyeh, I'm not here to bicker with anyone.  I get the feeling that I crossed you the wrong way, and now your out to make me look inferior to you.  If that's what your going for, here you go.  I'm inferior to you.  I don't mind that.

If you are being genuine, then great.  I'm here to learn, grow, and exchange ideas with others.  If my ideas are wrong, I'm ok with that.  Point out where my errors are, give some food for thought, and I'll look into it.  If I don't agree, then I don't agree, and that's that.  I've given a reasonable explanation to why, I feel, it is a valid equation, and you continue to make me prove myself(dichotomy's paradox is easily proven to anyone with a calculator).  That's not exchanging ideas with others.

(+/-) have to be values.  They can't not be values.  + denotes a number above 0, and - denotes a number below 0.(which I agree, is a stretch, but not 100% wrong.)

#58    hetrodoxly

hetrodoxly

Alien Abducter

• 4,954 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

View PostB Randomly, on 13 August 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

Listen Rlyeh, I'm not here to bicker with anyone.  I get the feeling that I crossed you the wrong way, and now your out to make me look inferior to you.  If that's what your going for, here you go.  I'm inferior to you.  I don't mind that.

If you are being genuine, then great.  I'm here to learn, grow, and exchange ideas with others.  If my ideas are wrong, I'm ok with that.  Point out where my errors are, give some food for thought, and I'll look into it.  If I don't agree, then I don't agree, and that's that.  I've given a reasonable explanation to why, I feel, it is a valid equation, and you continue to make me prove myself(dichotomy's paradox is easily proven to anyone with a calculator).  That's not exchanging ideas with others.

(+/-) have to be values.  They can't not be values.  + denotes a number above 0, and - denotes a number below 0.(which I agree, is a stretch, but not 100% wrong.)
It still requires faith: if you have faith you already believe ∵=0

Thank god i'm an athiest.

Veni, vidi, Vertigo, i came i saw i couldn't get down.
Hetrodoxly.

#59    B Randomly

B Randomly

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 182 posts

-Gandhi

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:31 PM

I see where I'm going wrong.  The whole time, I was too focused on trying to prove his outcome to his equation (1 or -1 = infinity).  I overlooked the true structure of equation itself.  You cannot simply add positivity/negativity to a number.  It's something that a number already possesses.  However, I do still believe that 1=infinity, and -1=infinity.

#60    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,793 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:09 AM

View PostB Randomly, on 13 August 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

In this equation they are not applied to any numbers, they're used as values, yet none is given.

If it is valid you should be able to compute this equation. How are you adding (+|-) to 1?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users