Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dutch scientists are recreating the deaths of some of the world's most famous personalities by reconstructing their last moments using scents and sounds.

From the sweet smell of Jacqueline Kennedy's perfume mingled with the scent of John F. Kennedy's blood to Whitney Houston's last drug-fuelled moments in a Beverly Hills bathtub, scientists at Breda university say they offer visitors a unique, if somewhat macabre, historical snapshot.

http://phys.org/news...-jfk-diana.html

No thank you!...how horrible.

• Like 1

When I first saw the headline....I was thinking of the smell of carrion. Yuck... if anyone has ever smelled a rotting dead animal, (and I presume dead humans smell similar)... it is a disgusting, quite unforgettable smell, that gets right inside you and can make you retch.. I smelled that a few times in my younger years living in the country. If they recreated that smell no-one could stomach the tour..

• Like 1

Well Still Waters you have me at a loss for words on what to say in response to this article...

I will try anyways...What tha...Why would...Oh nevermind haha

• Like 2

Most scientists are screaming out for more funding, for the betterment of mankind, and our delicate eco systems, for breakthroughs in medicines and treatments etc. What are these scientists doing? It beggars belief...

• Like 1

had to do bio hazard clean ups for a restoration company when i was younger took a few contracts to clean up places where a suicide occurred, that smell i don't think i will ever forget even with respirators it was stuck in my nostrils for quite a while, just gross, why the hell would anybody want to do this? why the hell would anyone want to willingly smell that?

edit:

For instance, those wanting to experience Houston's final moments are transported to a bathtub at the upmarket Beverly Hills hotel where the diva died in February 2012 at age 48.

A coroner ruled that the singing legend died of accidental drowning, with cocaine and heart disease listed as contributing factors.

To the sounds of splashing water and Houston's voice, a visitor first gets a whiff of generic cleaner, used in hotels around the world, followed by the olive oil the singer used in her tub.

Then a strong chemical odour, similar to that of cocaine fills the box, grabbing its occupant by the throat, followed by the sound of rushing water and then silence.

soooo that sounds like so much fun listen to some water splash about and have someone blast your nostrils with chemicals. so stupid so very very stupid.

Edited by Iron_Lotus
  • Like 1