Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The children who really do see dead people

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#16    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:36 PM

View PostThe Skeptic Eric Raven, on 20 June 2010 - 06:27 PM, said:

No. Since logic dictates different. Especially when we are talking about the imaginations of kids.

hes Back!

the truth is out there....

#17    olympic1

olympic1

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:05 PM

i saw one day when i was about 8 or 10 a full coulered joker like in the cards i was doing homework and my door was open he came out of the toilet  he went past my room he turned  smiled and waved to me without stopping and went into my parents room  i told my mum she went and checked no one was there.
i also saw a shadow person about 2.5 meters walk past my room going to my parents room .

#18    Moonlight_Magic

Moonlight_Magic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 237 posts

• The meaning of life is the miracle of living, its the gift of being alive...

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:20 PM

I never saw a ghost as a child (that i remember) but i was sensitive...however you have to know when to distinguish between sensitivity and an overactive imagination..which i also had.

I would often feel there was something following me up the stairs at night. Was it a ghost, i doubt it. I was just a scardy cat going up the stairs. Even now sometimes i get spooked when i know there is nothing there.

Also, i once saw a movie about a monster in a closet and spent the rest of my childhood being nervous of a built in closet in my room. There was nothing wrong with the closet, my imagination was playing tricks on me because of the movie i saw lol.

Its a slightly different feeling when there is possibly something there though...hard to explain as its more intuitive, although imagination can play tricks. Its very convincing when it lets rip lol.

I do believe that some children could be sensitive to seeing such things, and some may not. But sometimes it is a childs imagintion doing most of the work too.

Nothing wrong with being imaginative, as long as you know thats what it is.

Edited by Moonlight_Magic, 20 June 2010 - 07:24 PM.

#19    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:24 PM

View PostAgent. Mulder, on 20 June 2010 - 06:36 PM, said:

hes Back!
Boo ya. I took enough time away, so I figured I would come back.

Children have vivid imaginations.On top of that, the parents can bleed their on beliefs into the children. If the parents believe it, then I gurantee the children will as well. Its the same way children brought up in a particular faith, will tend to be that faith as an adult.

Edited by The Skeptic Eric Raven, 20 June 2010 - 07:25 PM.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#20    Long_Gone

Long_Gone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:05 PM

View Postolympic1, on 20 June 2010 - 07:05 PM, said:

i saw one day when i was about 8 or 10 a full coulered joker like in the cards i was doing homework and my door was open he came out of the toilet  he went past my room he turned  smiled and waved to me without stopping and went into my parents room  i told my mum she went and checked no one was there.
i also saw a shadow person about 2.5 meters walk past my room going to my parents room .

Maybe it was your dad or someone else who dressed up like that to scare you?. You know, some dads like wearing santa claus outfits on christmas day. Just saying. may not be the case.

About the children, let kids be kids.. It's not unusual for them to have imaginary friends, you see them talking to themselves,dolls, house pets and television sometimes. Like the kid who lives beside my house, he likes to talk to himself in his own room at night. I know it's odd but there are parents out there who go "OMGzz11, My kid is so pure and special, he can see ghosts cause his heart is so pure and innocent". These things have been said a lot of times before, just repeatin..

Now, any parent should be able to understand that and be able to manage it, unless things really go out of hand with your kid and then maybe you might want to look for help.

These kind of things usually disappear when we grow up?, Do we lose our ability to see ghosts and spirits because our heart gets infected with evil?. Or maybe it's just that we develop a better understanding of the surroundings and world around us and mature?.

#21    olympic1

olympic1

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:27 PM

View PostOver-Kill, on 20 June 2010 - 09:05 PM, said:

Maybe it was your dad or someone else who dressed up like that to scare you?. You know, some dads like wearing santa claus outfits on christmas day. Just saying. may not be the case.

About the children, let kids be kids.. It's not unusual for them to have imaginary friends, you see them talking to themselves,dolls, house pets and television sometimes. Like the kid who lives beside my house, he likes to talk to himself in his own room at night. I know it's odd but there are parents out there who go "OMGzz11, My kid is so pure and special, he can see ghosts cause his heart is so pure and innocent". These things have been said a lot of times before, just repeatin..

Now, any parent should be able to understand that and be able to manage it, unless things really go out of hand with your kid and then maybe you might want to look for help.

These kind of things usually disappear when we grow up?, Do we lose our ability to see ghosts and spirits because our heart gets infected with evil?. Or maybe it's just that we develop a better understanding of the surroundings and world around us and mature?.

nah he was see through it scared the daylights out of me .i dont really know if it was a ghost or my imagination
can you actually imagine something in your head and it becames visual ? all i know is what i saw. a seethrough cartoon joker smiling and waving to me. that was some 25 yrs ago but still remember it

#22    ghost hunter josh

ghost hunter josh

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:29 PM

What if some of the claims are actually paranormal though? Everyone tries their best to de-bunk something when it really could be paranormal thats why things like that are hard to explain, its paranormal which just means above the normal

#23    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

• 15,163 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:38 PM

View Postghost hunter josh, on 20 June 2010 - 09:29 PM, said:

What if some of the claims are actually paranormal though? Everyone tries their best to de-bunk something when it really could be paranormal thats why things like that are hard to explain, its paranormal which just means above the normal

theres no Normal. only Common.
and youd have to define what you think is paranormal.
and, sure, some claims may not have the down to earth explanation that some people on here give. but, they also dont really have any evidence to make them 'paranormal'. its on the people making the claim to prove it.

#24    mitchall

mitchall

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:23 PM

View Postjbondo, on 20 June 2010 - 05:40 PM, said:

I would never call anyone here a liar but at the same time I think it's important that children who make such claims are examined by a doctor. IMO the odds are much greater for a child to have a psychological issue than a paranormal one.
See a psychologist!!!   LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

#25    mitchall

mitchall

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:29 PM

View PostAgent. Mulder, on 20 June 2010 - 09:38 PM, said:

and, sure, some claims may not have the down to earth explanation that some people on here give. but, they also dont really have any evidence to make them 'paranormal'. its on the people making the claim to prove it.
Just like no one can prove beyond the shadow of a doubt ghosts exist,"NO ONE" can prove beyond the shadow of a doubt  that they don't exist

#26    A Shadow

A Shadow

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 11:09 PM

View PostAgent. Mulder, on 20 June 2010 - 09:38 PM, said:

What do you mean theres no normal? Paranormal is when normal explanations don't cut it.

#27    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

• 15,163 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 11:27 PM

View Postmitchall, on 20 June 2010 - 10:29 PM, said:

Just like no one can prove beyond the shadow of a doubt ghosts exist,"NO ONE" can prove beyond the shadow of a doubt  that they don't exist

dont gotta prove they dont exist.
you only have to prove they do if you believe in them, or say they exist.
as of now, they dont necessarily exist.

View Postsilentshadow, on 20 June 2010 - 11:09 PM, said:

What do you mean theres no normal? Paranormal is when normal explanations don't cut it.

the fact theres no such thing as, "normal" really. just, whats common.

#28    A Shadow

A Shadow

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 11:43 PM

View PostAgent. Mulder, on 20 June 2010 - 11:27 PM, said:

the fact theres no such thing as, "normal" really. just, whats common.

Alright I think I see. Then a paranormal phenomenon is such that has no known scientific explanation.

#29    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

• 15,163 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 11:49 PM

View Postsilentshadow, on 20 June 2010 - 11:43 PM, said:

Alright I think I see. Then a paranormal phenomenon is such that has no known scientific explanation.

hmmm, yeah i guess that can work here. in a sense. or, just an Common explanation. so, people assume it has to be something Uncommon. which, in this case is turning to the paranormal.

#30    Trog

Trog

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

• Life is too short for disagreements.

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:41 AM

You don't have to be a child to see the images of dead people , they visit you in those quite relaxed moments when the brain is in a state of serenity

I believe that our loved ones who have passed over are trying to make contact all the time , and occasionally when our mind is in a receptive state , they get through .

With children , their brain is much less cluttered than an adult , and so they are more receptive .

The Ark of the Covenant was the sacred chest, overlaid with gold, which occupied the inner sanctum of the temple and symbolised God's covenant with his people.. Covenant= The promises that God made to his people as recorded in the bible. The Ark of the Covenant has never been found .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users