Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Master modeller crafts 463-ship armada

Still Waters

Philip Warren, 82, has dedicated his entire adult life to crafting the matchstick armada and has built every class of ship in the Royal Navy since 1945.

Each ship in his huge collection is extremely detailed and he has even built miniature model aircrafts to go with his 3ft long carrier ships.

The vessels are all painstakingly hand made using just a ruler, razor blade and glue, and can take up to a year to complete.

http://www.telegraph...-and-boxes.html

This is him three years ago -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1306013/The-matchstick-armada-Modeller-spends-62-years-building-incredible-fleet-400-ships.html

Edited by Still Waters
Additional source link added
  • Like 4

NEWSFLASH.........

Firefighters have been tackling a blaze at the Blandford, Dorset home of retired company director Philip Warren. It appears the fire started in the pensioner's garage. Mr Warren cannot be located at this time, and it has been rumoured that he went down with his ship.

Seriously though...........How many of us out there thought we were sad people until we read this?!

Preferred the Daily Mails images, it puts them in to some kind of scale the USS Nimitz is amazing. Would love to see them in person.

• Like 2

Preferred the Daily Mails images, it puts them in to some kind of scale the USS Nimitz is amazing. Would love to see them in person.

I wouldn't mind seeing them either. I think it's great what he's done.

• Like 1

Seriously though...........How many of us out there thought we were sad people until we read this?!

We can't all be international men of mystery, Eald. Society would collapse without 'boring' people to do all the tedious work. Am impressed by his models, and even more impressed that he found a wife.

That's amazing. I could never do that--don't have the patience for it. I'd love to see it, though.

• Like 2