Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama 'backs assault weapons ban'

Still Waters

that wont work here.

no doctor is willing to put his carrier or future on the line in even small instance they miss something

Show me something concrete, that states for certain that registered psychiatrists ( all over the country ) will not give people general psychological profile test ? I am not looking your opinion, I am however looking something that does say such a thing..

If you are willing to shell out money to buy guns, then you should shell out for a genuine registered doctor to give you a test..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Show me something concrete, that states for certain that registered psychiatrists ( all over the country ) will not give people general psychological profile test ? I am not looking your opinion, I am however looking something that does say such a thing..

If you are willing to shell out money to buy guns, then you should shell out for a genuine registered doctor to give you a test..

lol, there is no such test yet. and it would not be general test, it would be special test to see if you fit to own a gun. with results sent to police. actually detective would be better for that than a doctor, he knows what to look for, that is why in nyc with our extreme antigun mayor we don't have such tests done by doctor, all we have is interview with detective.but, regardless what i think, any doctor has a right to refuse service to anyone, we had a thread here about a doc who did not want to treat fat patient. and there is nothing can be done about it, his right.

no, i just see facts, they have easiest gun laws, and lowest crime. as opposed to my state with strongst laws and highest crime. i can't be sure that it is gun laws make the state safe, but they sure don't make it dangerous.what do you think?

I don't think there is a direct connection between gun policies and crime rates.

• Like 1

The quote I posted previously - TOOTHPASTE DON'T CLEAN OUR TEETH, PEOPLE DO I put that up to show you just how silly it would be for any toothpaste company to advertise their product with such a silly slogan

So, to say Guns don't kill, people do, is not a good argument

Toothpaste - enable us to get our teeth clean better .It's the point behind buying toothpaste..... Guns - enable us to kill and protect ourselves better.. That is the point in buying a gun..You are not going to go off to buy a gun if it wont kill for you

If you advertise that - GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE DO That advertisement would therefore be false.......If guns don't kill people, then they are completely useless and ineffective..In fact they would be no more effective than the next thing you pick up to kill your enemy ..Just like, if toothpaste did not clean our teeth, it too would be useless and not worth buying

More people are using toothpaste to clean their teeth than other methods.. More are killed by guns than other methods .. Guns ( like toothpaste ) make the job a lot easier and more effective ..

Jack The Ripper didn't KILL. The Devil made him do it.

Jack The Ripper didn't KILL. The Devil made him do it.

Like Sherlock Holmes, Jack The Ripper was a fictional character

lol, there is no such test yet.

Yet.. But you have nothing to show me..End off

i think it would be just the opposite, pot cards are different, no one gets killed if doc gives it to someone for $$$ under the table, if doc clears someone and they go postal, doc will be screwed. and his ins will have to pay out a lot more, not to mention now you can sue docs for wrong assesment, oh and lawers will love it, docs ins and themselves have a lot of $$$ potential.

Are you talking about suing doctors for misdiagnosis? What cases are you speaking of?

Like Sherlock Holmes, Jack The Ripper was a fictional character

Hey that reminds me. Didn't most Serial Killers use other weapons besides guns to torture and kill their victims?

Killers like John Wayne Gacy, Jeffery Dahmer, Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, David Berkowitz and Albert Fish.

Lets all do our research.

Jack The Ripper a fictional character? Coming from the U.K. I'd thought you'd know better then that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_the_Ripper

Hey that reminds me. Didn't most Serial Killers use other weapons besides guns to torture and kill their victims?

Killers like John Wayne Gacy, Jeffery Dahmer, Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, David Berkowitz and Albert Fish.

No one is saying other weapons cannot be used.. But guns do in fact make it a lot easier.. You could rhyme off a handful of serial killers, but fact is guns will trump all those other hand held weapons killers use

Jack The Ripper a fictional character? Coming from the U.K. I'd thought you'd know better then that.

Yes he was considered fictional..There were murders, but many didn't believe they came from the same man...

London, May 1 (ANI): 'Jack the Ripper'-considered one of London's most notorious criminal-was actually a fictional character created by journalists to link and sensationalise a series of unrelated murders for boosting the sales of newspapers, reveals a new book.

Read more at: http://news.oneindia...ted-byjour.html

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Well thank God all those knife murders weren't from the same murderer named Jack! Because if that were the case, you'd have to ban knives! Derp!

Well thank God all those knife murders weren't from the same murderer named Jack! Because if that were the case, you'd have to ban knives!

Which is easier, the gun or a knife to take a life?

Derp!

Derp, a stupid little word made up by teenagers as slang for the word - Stupid.. How droll, and yet some adults use it lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom

very cute, lol

everything you ask for already exists in NYC, it doesn't help us, why??

I don't think there is a direct connection between gun policies and crime rates.

fair enough , what do you think is there ?

Edited by aztek

Derp, a stupid little word made up by teenagers as slang for the word - Stupid.. How droll, and yet some adults use it lol

That is cold comfort for families that had members killed by knives.

That is cold comfort for families that had members killed by knives.

It might be, it is still a fact...You can commit a lot more mass killing in a short space of time with a gun than you ever could with a mere knife.. A gunman can easily take out anyone with a knife..Because guns make it so much easier..

This very short clip from Indiana Jones proves that lol

Love that clip :P

http://en.wikipedia....Jack_the_Ripper

jack the ripper might be fake but chekotilo isn't.

at least 56 kids, boys and girls, and young women. no guns, tortured and raped than killed.

this crap happens in every society,

Edited by aztek

It might be, it is still a fact...You can commit a lot more mass killing in a short space of time with a gun than you ever could with a mere knife.. A gunman can easily take out anyone with a knife..Because guns make it so much easier..

This very short clip from Indiana Jones proves that lol

[media=]

[/media]

Love that clip :P

I would say that Poisons are more available then guns. Jim Jones of the Peoples Temple back in 1978 poisoned over 900 people.

If someone is hell bent on killing in mass casualties, they will find a way with or without guns.

Since you're a mother, watch this video.

http://youtu.be/k7EfiSsQW2Y

I would say that Poisons are more available then guns. Jim Jones of the Peoples Temple back in 1978 poisoned over 900 people.

If someone is hell bent on killing in mass casualties, they will find a way with or without guns.

Since you're a mother, watch this video.

[media=]

[/media]

In Canada or Britain you're not allowed to kill a home intruder.... you're supposed to let them rape your kids while you watch. You are allowed to file a complaint with the police though..... this allows the GOV to capture the suspect. Once in custody the alleged criminal is put on a lengthy trial which usually ends with the suspect not criminally responsible because of some pathetic excuse that he was raped himself as a child so all he was doing was acting out on somebody else's behalf. There is somebody else always to blame.

Oh so any real life Jack the Ripper is off the hook then. I'm sure the murderers who had a part in birthing that legend will be relieved to hear it.

And women should have to use knives to defend themselves because even in their hands, a gun easily takes a life? Governments are always making it easier to take a life and you want upstanding civil society to go the opposite direction, why? Putting aside your "stupid stupid" comments, who are you to impose on anyone where the line is between easy enough and too easy? Why does that even matter?

The purpose of the right to bear arms is to defend ourselves against tyranny. With how easily our governments can take a life these days, we better hope we have weapons that can take a life easily enough to stop them if necessary.

Edited by Yamato

In Canada or Britain you're not allowed to kill a home intruder.... you're supposed to let them rape your kids while you watch. You are allowed to file a complaint with the police though..... this allows the GOV to capture the suspect. Once in custody the alleged criminal is put on a lengthy trial which usually ends with the suspect not criminally responsible because of some pathetic excuse that he was raped himself as a child so all he was doing was acting out on somebody else's behalf. There is somebody else always to blame.

Are you kidding me? That is simply not the case. Go read the criminal code of Canada. You'd just like to believe this because it serves your desire to despise authority and rules.

Edited by Stellar

The purpose of the right to bear arms is to defend ourselves against tyranny. With how easily our governments can take a life these days, we better hope we have weapons that can take a life easily enough to stop them if necessary.

With how much the anti gun control crowd tells us that guns can easily be obtained on the black market, how would gun control---or even a gun ban prevent you from defending yourselves against tyranny? Can you explain that to me please?

what is easier to protect yourself with, a phone or a gun. for you personally, against 100kg man on drugs, or drunk that, doesn't need your money, needs something else, what would you rather have a gun, a knife, or a phone????

what is easier to protect yourself with, a phone or a gun. for you personally, against 100kg man on drugs, or drunk that, doesn't need your money, needs something else, what would you rather have a gun, a knife, or a phone????

The answer for me is: if rather have a gun and him a knife. With how easy guns are for anyone to obtain, he probably has a gun too though.

In Canada or Britain you're not allowed to kill a home intruder....

With Canada aside because I don't know the laws over there.. I can however inform you that the UK have made changes in their laws against home intruders I remember seeing this on the news not that long ago

Householders to be given new rights to defend themselves against intruders

Householders who confront burglars are to be given greater rights to defend their families and homes. The justice secretary, Kenneth Clarke, is looking at increasing legal protection for people who use force to fight off intruders.

The government is eager to "ensure that people have the protection they need when they defend themselves against intruders", a ministry of justice source told the Observer. http://www.guardian.co.uk/law/2010/jun/06/householders-rights-laws-intruders-burglars

You can also read about it on here too..

Now you CAN fight back against burglars: Law change protects anyone using violence to defend home

• Rights of victims defending their property from intruders to be strengthened
  • Guidance to police over whether to arrest homeowners to be changed

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2I33f1Vdc

I would say that Poisons are more available then guns.

Sure thing, so why didn't those terrorists, gangsters and other gunmen think Hey I know, lets gets some poison and that will really show em?

I can picture those that go on drive by shootings taking a turn and think - Lets set up our drive through poison food service and we will really clean up!

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Oh so any real life Jack the Ripper is off the hook then. I'm sure the murderers who had a part in birthing that legend will be relieved to hear it.

And women should have to use knives to defend themselves because even in their hands, a gun easily takes a life? Governments are always making it easier to take a life and you want upstanding civil society to go the opposite direction, why?

If I have said ( at some point ) that guns should be banned and no one has a right to protect their family, then I would see where the above is coming from.. But since I haven't suggested such a thing, those wild statements you have put forward are not relevant to anything I have in fact posted.. In fact I have stated a few times that people have the given rights to protect themselves and their family if needed..

Putting aside your "stupid stupid" comments, who are you to impose on anyone where the line is between easy enough and too easy?

Don't you mean derp derp coments? I thought that was the cool thing now days lol.. Listen up, I have not at any time suggested anyone should not protect themselves against intruders.. Everything you have listed is something that has come from your own imagination... Challenge for you is, try pulling up an actual post I have made and use that, then I could give you an answer..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Sure thing, so why didn't those terrorists, gangsters and other gunmen think Hey I know, lets gets some poison and that will really show em?

I can picture those that go on drive by shootings taking a turn and think - Lets set up our drive through poison food service and we will really clean up!

Why didn't Jim Jones of the Peoples Temple in 1978 use guns instead of Cyanide to kill his followers of 900+.?