Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Believes He's Killed A Chupacabra

Still Waters

A Mississippi man shot a strange creature he believes to be a chupacabra -- a legendary creature that most experts believe to be nothing but a myth.

Matthew Harrell of Leake County killed the bizarre-looking animal Wednesday morning while "coon hunting" in a chicken coop.

"My neighbor said the creature had killed three of his chickens," the 28-year-old told The Huffington Post. "I thought it was a coon at first."

http://www.huffingto..._n_3921520.html

So he's killed a dog with mange?

• Like 4

Can't we get a fake reptilian vampire for once? These mangy dogs are seriously getting old.

• Like 9

Yeah looks like some kind of dog or something of the sort with mange.

• Like 1

That's the American version of Chupacabra alright.

Has anybody seen my expensive peruvian hairless dog who went missing round Leake county a few days ago answers to Buddy he is well loved family pet. :cry:

• Like 1

That's the American version of Chupacabra alright.

Even though the

American Chupacabra doesn't exist. The dog on the other hand does.

• Like 1

He shot it at close range, then "unloaded on it again" to make sure it was dead. I didn't see any gunshot wounds.

Can't crypo searchers have the stomach contents of any of these "Chupacabras" tested to see if they are indeed blood suckers and end this ridiculous fantasy.

They said nails and teeth don't look like a normal dog's and its body posture was odd. Looked normal to me, but that could be easily checked out by a vet. So could a test for mange or hairless dog breed.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

He shot it at close range, then "unloaded on it again" to make sure it was dead. I didn't see any gunshot wounds.

It's a good thing he had a weapon close by to protect himself from that sick starving dog.

• Like 1

Man, I hope he doesn't shoot a human and tell every one it was a cyborg

I vote we shoot the next idiot who calls a mangy dog a chupicabra. For added fun we'll say he was a Reptilian from the Draco nebula.

• Like 1

I hope this guy never shoots a bear, or we're in for one heck of a new "cryptid" :no:

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

I guess if it had hair, he would have called it a werewolf.

Or a dogman

Come to think of it, this should be in the two-legged dogman database.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1

They're actually a hairless mutant dog.

Scientist have already found it.....it isn't a cryptic any more.

• Like 2

They're actually a hairless mutant dog.

Scientist have already found it.....it isn't a cryptic any more.

My money is still on the Xolo.

They are the "first dog of the Americas" and are a natural breed not a mutant. Some are hairless and some have a coat. They were used to ward off evil spirits, for one. Used to heal ailments for another with their warm skin.

http://www.akc.org/breeds/xoloitzcuintli/index.cfm

https://www.google.com/search?gs_rn=26&gs_ri=psy-ab&cp=6&gs_id=1s&xhr=t&q=xolo+dog&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.52164340,d.b2I&biw=1680&bih=917&dpr=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=z6s4UrW-LePb2QWLjoHIBg

What mutant dog are you referring to, keninsc?

• Like 1

What mutant dog are you referring to, keninsc?

The one that was reported in the news a couple years ago. Hang on let me see if I can find it again. The one thing about news stories is they often disappear on the web after a very short time.