Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bulldog Accidentally Shoots His Owner

Still Waters

A Florida man has been shot in the leg by his own dog, police said.

Gregory Lanier, 35, told officers he was driving down the motorway when his dog kicked what he thought was an unloaded handgun sitting on the raised floor section between the passenger and driver's seat of his pickup truck.

But Mr Lanier soon discovered the 9mm Beretta had at least one bullet inside as it discharged and struck him in the left calf.

http://uk.news.yahoo...-215626232.html

• Like 2

But bulldogs aren't gun dogs. You need labradors and spaniels for that!

• Like 1

Woof !! Why won't you give me people food scraps? Woof !!

Boom !!!

• Like 4

Nor any man on his mating cycle.

*whispers* Where can I get one of these cycles?

My lab/mastiff mix isn't a gun dog, He is a chowhound LOL. Being shot is a b**** but by your best friend has got to suck. I concerner all guns loaded. More people have been shot my more unloaded guns and loaded ones.

Edited by wolfknight

this is one of those rare cases in which it's not a person harming a person its a gun actually harming a person with ill intent...they have minds of thier own.

There were no paw prints on the weapon so don't blame the dog!!

As others have said he's responsible for placing a gun unsecured,no safety catch applied and without checking it wasn't loaded,i'm sure he won't do that again

• Like 4

Only certain thing is that this bulldog actually CAN defend itself...

Edited by CuriousGreek
  • Like 1

Nor any man on his mating cycle.

LMAO :lol:

• Like 1

I now know what they mean by having the " bulldog" spirit!

lmffatfo ,, rlly you would juts be carrying around a UNLOADED GUN ,,COME 0n who a does that tf my shyt stays loaded

Hmm I might be clutching at straws here but why would you carry a hand gun between the seats for in the first place. :w00t:

• Like 1

that's the guys fault.the dog is not to blame.why you may ask.okay ill tell you.1)animals get curious and play with everything they see and etc.2)the guy should have left it in a proper place in the 1st place.that's why you have gun cases and locks and you don't leave a gun loaded and especially in the open.3)animals are animals they don't know what a gun is!!!4)leave the dog alone guys and i hope the guy is truly okay honestly but its not the dogs fault,these dogs are very friendly and awesome and funny.my brother has one he makes me laugh and like spending time with him and etc.

this goes to Gregory Lanier.hope you get better soon and heal and etc.but don't be mad the dog or etc its not his or her fault just realize that.

This is why people shouldn't have guns lol but oh well, if the government decides to take away all guns then that just means the bad guys will have guns lol

1. Well one was a Bulldog, perhaps the other a Gator? Those rivalries can be brutal.

2. Would have suspected a hunting dog at the very least....

3. And remember, guns don't kill people; dogs with guns kill people. Fortunately the dog was a bad shot.

Guns dont kill people, bulldogs with guns kill people...

and if it was an assault bulldog, we simply must ban him.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

he reminds me of my brothers dog:) hes fella funny and much more he's one special and amusing park and loveable!!!:)