Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Males TV Hosts Experience the Agony of Labour

libstaK

Not content with merely sympathising with women in labour, two male Dutch TV hosts have experienced the agony for themselves.

Dennis Storm and Valerio Zeno allowed nurses to strap electrode emitting machines to their abdomens for their show Guinea Pigs, aired earlier this week.

The shocks cause stomach cramps which simulate the excruciating contractions felt during childbirth.

"Do you think the pain will make us scream," Zeno asked one of the nurses before the shocks began.

"Yes, it definitely will," the nurse replied.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/2013/01/19/15/02/male-tv-hosts-experience-agony-of-labour

I wonder if this will catch on ... :whistle:

This can't be as bad as real labour because men always have the option of ripping off the electrodes. In real labour a woman has no choice.

• Like 1

There is nothing on this planet that can truly simulate childbirth. Men will never know the degree of pain and discomfort there is in regards to it so those two hosts are morons.

I wonder if this will catch on ... :whistle:

Why should it have to?

There is nothing on this planet that can truly simulate childbirth. Men will never know the degree of pain and discomfort there is in regards to it so those two hosts are morons.

Women will never know what it's like to be hit hard in the testicles. Women will never know the degree of pain and discomfort that there is when that happens to a man.

Perhaps a machine should be invented to allow women to find out.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

Why should it have to?

Where did I say it had to?

There is nothing on this planet that can truly simulate childbirth.

I have heard some women compare it for men as how it would feel to crap out a corner-sofa.

Sounds not too tempting.

• Like 1

Women will never know what it's like to be hit hard in the testicles. Women will never know the degree of pain and discomfort that there is when that happens to a man.

True, women will never know the amount of pain that being hit in the testicles would be just as men will never know what it feels like to give birth so for those two hosts to try and simulate it is just ridiculous.

The average length of labour is 12 hours.

That's not men's fault.

There is no reason on this Earth why a man should have to know what childbirth feels like. It's not the fault of men that women give birth. Blame it on Mother Nature, not men.

this_is_stupid_02138.gif

Why does a guy need to feel the pain of labor? He's not gonna give birth. I understand the whole 'empathy' thing and all that old jazz, but if a lady doesn't want to go through the pain of child birth... uh... don't get pregnant? Props to those who decide to have kids though.

And who get's it worse off? Gents or dames? Neither, it's just a nonsensical bluh fight.

slapfight.gif

They can invent a machine if they like, but trust me, when you say it hurts, we believe you winking0012.gif

Edited by freetoroam

My son's mother told me the pain was over rated for childbirth,for her atleast her words ladies not mine lol.I told her i thought it was the equivalent of us peeing a basketball haha because my son was 9 lbs 7 oz at birth.For the people who say childbirth is a beautiful thing i give a smirk and a look of derision,looked like something out of h.r. geiger's mind or a hellraiser movie hahaha

That's not men's fault.

I didn't say it was.

There is no reason on this Earth why a man should have to know what childbirth feels like. It's not the fault of men that women give birth. Blame it on Mother Nature, not men.

Once again, I didn't say it was men's fault.

What I was pointing out was that a couple of hours of being shocked, or being kicked in the testicles, is not an accurate representation of labour/childbirth. The entire experiment was really rather silly (in my personal opinion) as it does not accurately replicate the reality of the childbirth experience.

And, FYI, this comes form someone who has had the real experience three times.

• Like 1

Why fake it. They should have just scheduled an appointment with the hospital and had 9 lb bowling balls pulled out of there (edit)....oops did I say that. Sorry mods.

Edited by AsteroidX

I'll give them an A for effort. But a couple of hours of simulated contractions would be a cake walk compared to the full childbirth/labour experience. There's a whole lot more to it then severe muscle cramps...

Why fake it. They should have just scheduled an appointment with the hospital and had 9 lb bowling balls pulled out of there (edit)....oops did I say that. Sorry mods.

Pulled out of where exactly? Just asking like, out of curiosity. :innocent:

I'll give them an A for effort. But a couple of hours of simulated contractions would be a cake walk compared to the full childbirth/labour experience. There's a whole lot more to it then severe muscle cramps...

Exactly what I was attempting to point out.

• Like 1

Who needs a machine when you've got strap-on testicles?

Why a woman would need something like that just to get kicked and leave themselves wide open I don't know.

There's penis envy and then there's penis envy.

As for these two clowns...

Male chauvinism manifests itself in many ways.

And stimulating pregnancy has to be one of the snidiest.

Would they be rolling about on the floor laughing if they were pregnant themselves?

You've got the waters breaking,cravings,oxygen masks and extreme agony at the point of labour.

And I didn't even get to the subject of Caesarian births just yet.

If I was them I would be really grateful for just being men.

You shouldn't be really doing stupid stunts undermining women.

Edited by Medium Brown