Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Why not Islam?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 2,978 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

Iím pretty overloaded now, so Iím not sure why Iím even starting a new thread.  However, Iíd like to elicit your opinions on this.  Iíve been thinking again which I know I shouldnít do.  Iím sure there will be several legitimate opinions and then a few excuses but I would like to wade through them none-the-less.  For whatever reason the US and Israel has a very tight relationship.  Many times youíll hear that Israel is our little brother.  And in many ways they are.  Now we have various alliances at various levels with many Islamic nations, but then have never been as close as that with Israel.  The question is, why not?

"I don't see one link on this thread providing one shred of evidence for the disgusting jew-hate BS you Zionist liars keep accusing me of." - Yamato
"%&* YOU and your empty suited insults about "racism" you Islamophobic Zionist freak." - Yamato

#2    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

Until the late 20th century the jewish population of america was greater? And because chritianity was born from judaism?

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#3    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,172 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

Because they have allegiance with Russia so to speak

#4    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,384 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:14 PM

You sure it's Israel that's the little brother?

#5    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,013 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

Because for nearly 2000 years Jewish peoples have held an active role in the cultures of every western country (and Russia), so culturally and historicaly we have much in common with them. This relationship has actually overall  probably been very good for both of us.  We have much less in common with our midlle eastern breathren.

#6    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostEldorado, on 21 September 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

I would also like to know that answer to that question

From what I see it is America that is the little brother, Not Israel

Posted Image

#7    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,013 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

View PostJackofalltrades, on 21 September 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

I would also like to know that answer to that question

From what I see it is America that is the little brother, Not Israel
disagree.  I always use to let my little brother act out until it was time to show him who's boss.  Don't believe the hype.

#8    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 2,978 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostThe Mule, on 21 September 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

Until the late 20th century the jewish population of america was greater? And because chritianity was born from judaism?
You could say that Islam was *born* from Judaism and Christianity.  But Muslims would say that Judaism and Christianity are but a corrupted version of the original, which Islam is closer to.  We are probably closer to England, Canada, and even Japan because of ties and/or history.  But by that token, shouldn't we also share ties with China?  We really don't.  But we shouldn't even be close to Israel for religious reasons because Jews don't believe in Jesus.  This might be a peripheral reason but there has to be a better reason.

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 21 September 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

Because they have allegiance with Russia so to speak
There seems to be some truth to that but Muslims were just an easy puppet against the US.  But given that, Russia is no longer the power it once was.  So why hasn't relations with the West warmed up more?  Why hasn't Muslim nations really tried to court the world's only superpower?  I think that the reason lies deeper.

View PostEldorado, on 21 September 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

I'll just say that in the circles that count, Israel is Little Brother.

View PostOverSword, on 21 September 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

Because for nearly 2000 years Jewish peoples have held an active role in the cultures of every western country (and Russia), so culturally and historicaly we have much in common with them. This relationship has actually overall  probably been very good for both of us.  We have much less in common with our midlle eastern breathren.
I wouldn't call it active.  Jews did find their way into European life but almost every European nation had pogroms.  No one wanted the Jew.  Those last 2000 years they were targets for being Christ killers, spreading the plague, eating children, controlling the banks, and many others.

The reoccurring theme here seems to be commonality of cultures.  Today's Jew is less Semite and more European but their genes still carry the blood of David, Moses, and Abraham.  And of course, many Arabs carry the blood of Abraham.  But then shouldn't Israel and the Arabs have closer ties?  The melting pot that America is, we have the bloodlines and cultures of every other nation incorporated into our society, so we should be close to every nation.  But we're not.  So there has to be other reasons.

"I don't see one link on this thread providing one shred of evidence for the disgusting jew-hate BS you Zionist liars keep accusing me of." - Yamato
"%&* YOU and your empty suited insults about "racism" you Islamophobic Zionist freak." - Yamato

#9    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,384 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

View PostOverSword, on 21 September 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

disagree.  I always use to let my little brother act out until it was time to show him who's boss.  Don't believe the hype.

Did he ever kill you?

http://www.usslibertyveterans.org/

Does he disobey the orders of the supposed highest authority in our society at will?  (The UN and their "resolutions" that are only enforced when the big boys say so)

#10    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 2,978 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:04 PM

View PostEldorado, on 21 September 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

Did he ever kill you?

Well, if we are comparing the two nations as brothers, then this is what brothers do.  What my brothers and I did to each other growing up, I'm surprised that we still have all our body parts.

#11    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,013 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

View PostRavenHawk, on 21 September 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

I wouldn't call it active.  Jews did find their way into European life but almost every European nation had pogroms.  No one wanted the Jew.  Those last 2000 years they were targets for being Christ killers, spreading the plague, eating children, controlling the banks, and many others.
I watched a show on PBS about this very thing last night and by and large that was not the case.  It was more like this:  Jews moved to pax romana countries, jews integrate.  Jews live in peace and cooperation for a few hundred years.  Jews get targeted.  Jews move.  cycle starts again.  So yes they often were targets and did live as a sub-culture, but also brought educational systems which were adapted by thier hosts to the benefit of both groups, as well as many other cultural contributions.  All of the other things were raelly not that prevalent until around the 15th century, with the exception of some flare up during the crusades.  Interestingly they also got along famously with muslims until recent centuries.

#12    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,637 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

View PostEldorado, on 21 September 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

Did he ever kill you?

Does he disobey the orders of the supposed highest authority in our society at will?  (The UN and their "resolutions" that are only enforced when the big boys say so)
If Israel obeyed every rule decided on by the UN it would have ceased to exist not long after it was born.  When a solid voting block of self professed enemies can dictate what happens to you then you have little choice but disobey - if you are intent on survival.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#13    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,384 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

View Postand then, on 22 September 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

When a solid voting block of self professed enemies can dictate what happens to you then you have little choice but disobey - if you are intent on survival.

And so says North Korea and Cuba, I believe.  So said Apartheid South Africa.

But then... they are not "The Chosen People", with a finger in every pie.

#14    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,384 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

View PostRavenHawk, on 21 September 2012 - 07:04 PM, said:

Well, if we are comparing the two nations as brothers, then this is what brothers do.

Brothers kill each other?

I am absolutely de-lighted that me and mine do NOT belong to your family.

May God bless the memory of the USS LIberty!

Edited by Eldorado, 22 September 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#15    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,637 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

View PostEldorado, on 22 September 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

Brothers kill each other?

I am absolutely de-lighted that me and mine do NOT belong to your family.

May God bless the memory of the USS LIberty!
I agree.  And I also agree it was a crime against the US what Israel did on that occasion, but it also points out their will to go to ANY length to survive as a nation and that is what most do not believe for some reason.  It's as though some believe that Israel would get cold feet about being obliterated in a war.  I don't believe they'll hesitate in the slightest to nuke an enemy who they feel is actually going to destroy them.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users