Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The scariest thing way back when was...

Tari

This will be interesting, to scared to answer? :-D  

106 members have voted

1. 1. What was the scariest thing when you were kids?

• Going into an "haunted hous" ?
    • Old spooky grannies - Often said to be witches?
    • Creepy noises outside your window?
    • Tell tails magical texts and riddles?
    • Urban legends?
    • Non of the abow- I was the scariest thing when i was a child!
  2. 2. Do you still get creepy out of it?

• Yes!
    • No.
    • Only after waching movies or talkin about it.
    • It I answer yes the computermonster will be set free upon the world...
    • In a way, a part of me still belive its true.
    • Only when i am really drunk.
  3. 3. Do you enjoy the feeling of beeing spooked?

• Always have and always will.
    • No.
    • I am not easily spooked, and I haven`t really found anything that has spooked me. So i cant say.
    • Sometimes..
    • Only when i know it to be real.
    • Only when i know it to be fake.

:D hopefully someone will post their scariest childhood fear *smiles*

acctually i`m just tired of reading the same topics all over again, every time i log inn someone always wants to get the same darned thing YOU URBAN LEGENDS.

And they get the same response- check out www.snopes.com :lol:

Well, i`m not after some urban legend thingy you where told or have read. I`m after the event, movie, song, tail, game, book, picture or whatnot that scared the crap out of you :tu:

Well i lived in a boat as a child-We traveled around in europe 4 a while and settled in portugal 4 about 5 years before coming back to norway. I remeber nearly sh**ting my pants after hearing this story about spirits attacking ships at sea.

This "legend" is from hawaii (somewere around there). Ederway one can buy protection 4 the boat by buying or making this "figurines". They look like demons whit big red eyes- one formed as a woman the other as a man. I remember this old man that was "installing" them telling me that if i thougt these ones looked scary id be lucky not ever to see the evil ones...

Edited by Tari

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coldethyl

• Tari

• Scallion77

• _Nyx_

I said something outside the window was creepiest and it still is really because it could be something other than the supernatural which is scarier that the paranormal.

I still do like to be spooked sometimes, it's just harder to spook me now.

well :hmm: looks like i`m the only one that was creeped as a kid thene :D

I said something outside the window was creepiest and it still is really because it could be something other than the supernatural which is scarier that the paranormal.

I still do like to be spooked sometimes, it's just harder to spook me now.

But, what scares you?

Prophecy's

Not knowing if there is more to them or if they're just bogus.

How it's all going to end someday.

I mean: how do we fight a prophecy or legend when we don't know if it's true or false.

Prophecy's

Not knowing if there is more to them or if they're just bogus.

How it's all going to end someday.

I mean: how do we fight a prophecy or legend when we don't know if it's true or false.

deep.. what prophency were you thinking of? the 2012? blue planet? something up that ally?

deep.. what prophency were you thinking of? the 2012? blue planet? something up that ally?

both realy... they are sort of connectet I think.

I recomend the book "Days of Fire"

Lots of interesting readin

both realy... they are sort of connectet I think.

I recomend the book "Days of Fire"

Lots of interesting readin

We, its a good bok. But aint it fiction?

We, its a good bok. But aint it fiction?

thats the ting I dont know. Becouse orginal its an weary old book. And it's history goes bak to Andam & Eve, and the "creation" and forth to present day. and most of the history match the last 100years.

So we'll have to wait and see wont we :blink:

Oooh definitely the feeling that someone/something is outside your window....even now I can't relax with the curtains open at night! What a wuss lol

:cry:

*edit* Altho that could be cos this one time (in band camp ^_^ ) a perv was actually outside my window :blink: - yeah, that could be it!

Edited by samanthauk23

the scariest thing in the past and present were and is urban legends.ounce you start to think that your in one of the urban legends situation then you start relying on it.you start making yourself look like a lunatic and making simple explanations into things that are part of that legend. :o

When i was a kid i was secretly smoking, so ofcorse i had to go outside. And tthere was this one summer- really hot one 2, I was you smoking when I heard this grunting noise. Ofcourse i got abitt scared but though it was a a stray dog or somethin.. Ederway, everytime i went you 2 smoke i could hear it, and i was abitt freaked cause it did not leave the aria, so i started to hum/sing abitt *i kind of always do when i`m spoked* and the "thing" turned totally psyco and ran strait towards me. I could hear it but couldn see it and ran inside- locked the door and went to bed. but it was moving around my window somewhere cause i could hear it så i locked my window shut my curtains and turned of the ligths :blush: it scared me :blush:

ederway- my dad and his wife had also heard the noise and they talked around etc etc. To end this story :lol: the "thing" had been digging up my sigarets *i was busted later on :lol: * And the offical story is now that it was a badger hyped up on nicotine, but i find it abitt hard to believe since i did`nt get to see it.

Well people have been telling me that it was a demon dog, a ghost, a angry spirit etc but i still don't believe it :lol: all i know is that it hated to hear me sing :lol:

So i know what you are saying about the window noise :lol:

Edited by Tari

the scariest thing in the past and present were and is urban legends.ounce you start to think that your in one of the urban legends situation then you start relying on it.you start making yourself look like a lunatic and making simple explanations into things that are part of that legend. :o

Any examples?

There wasn't much that really scared me as a child... except (and I hate them to this day) Jack-In-The-Boxes.... got one as a gift one year and for a few years after that I wouldn't unwrap any gift I ever received...

I was too curious to be scared most of the time... I really wanted to see the monsters in the closet and under the bed... I'd wait up... get out of bed...go and check... never found anything...

I've learned that the unknown isn't as scary as what's outside your front door... someone once asked if dead people frightened me... I said no, it's the living that keeps me indoors these days. ;)

But, what scares you?

Well it used to be demons and demon possession but I out grew that. Now I think the scariest things are real world stuff. Like losing a loved one. People filled with hate. That type of thing.

Well it used to be demons and demon possession but I out grew that. Now I think the scariest things are real world stuff. Like losing a loved one. People filled with hate. That type of thing.

reality bites :(

The thing that scared me the most as a child was the thought of lifting up the toilet lid (not the seat) and finding a still living debodied head in the toilet. While it couldn't talk, it would grimace at me and stick out it's tongue and roll it's eyes. Of course, it never happened, and never could. I leave the lid up to this day. Although now I suppose I should be afraid that rats or a snake or something could come up the drain........... :o

:) When I was younger I started a romour among the kids in the country town that I grew up in that the town church was haunted by an old preist that hung himself from the roof...

But over time I slowly started beleiving this story (probably out of boredom)... anyways The old church was on a hill at the back of the town and was surrounded by massive arching pines... we used to go up there and try to peek through the led light windows in order to get a glimpse of the old man...

It was like a scene from a horror movie... really creepy

The thing that scared me the most as a child was the thought of lifting up the toilet lid (not the seat) and finding a still living debodied head in the toilet. While it couldn't talk, it would grimace at me and stick out it's tongue and roll it's eyes. Of course, it never happened, and never could. I leave the lid up to this day. Although now I suppose I should be afraid that rats or a snake or something could come up the drain........... :o

:huh: You are one weird cookie.

:w00t:

I love a good scary book.

However, I agree with Coldethyl. It's the real world stuff that scares me. All you have to do is turn on the news and see some attrocity being carried out by a person whether it's an act of terrorism or some serial killer.

Hmm scariest thing for me , I put"the thing out of the window". Me and my sister used to hear footsteps on the roof of the house(our room was in the 2nd floor). It was SCARY, especially since we thought those were dwarves :no:

pain is allways scary . but i would have to say to each his own !--

I chose noises outside my window.

I was blessed (or should I say cursed? ;) ) with a few older brothers and sisters. Their favorite thing to do to me when I was little was to scare me.

They would often babysit me when our parents wanted to go out in the evenings. Then one or two of them would go outside and make noises outside the window. Like knocking and growling and obviously being 5 or 6 years old I would be terrified.

My parents wouldn't let them watch horror movies so, as soon as they were out the door my siblings would turn on "Friday the 13th" or some such movie. That also scared me a lot back then.

But, my most terrifying situation wasn't on your list. This also happened when my siblings were babysitting me...

Whenever I had to use the toilet and I was sitting on the edge, one of them would come in and push me. My little behind would fall into the toilet and there I was flailing my legs about to get out. I was like a turtle tipped upside down on it's shell.

Then they would leave me helpless and laugh at me :w00t:

And I am not joking. Don't worry, I got them back with my own pranks when I was older ;)

1.None of the Above

2.No

3.Sometimes...

In reality though, I was afraid of DOLLS when I was little. I saw the 'Childs Play' movies at too young an age, and would have nightmares about living killer dolls. I didn't like being in a room alone with dolls. :( I'm over it now though.

Two things frightened me as a child, both involving the 26 acres of woods I grew up on.

1) If you have never spent a night in the woods, you don't know how absolutely, terrifyingly dark it can get on moonless nights. But the dark isn't what frightened me. It was the weird floating lights my brother and I could watch from our bedroom window. The were bright white and moved through the trees, bobbing like helium balloons on a gentle breeze.

2) I also used to wake up in the middle of the night smelling wood smoke and be terrified that the woods were on fire and we wouldn't be able to get out. Usually, it was just my Dad putting some more logs in the wood stove we used for heat in the winter, but I will never forget that moment of sheer terror I always had when I woke up and smelled smoke.