Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Photography

BurnSide

I'd like to start this topic for the members of Unexplained Mysteries who have a love of taking pictures and capturing stories in images. I've recently found myself splurging on a relatively decent camera to fuel my desire to take pictures of the beauty that surrounds me in everyday life, and would like to share it with you and experience some of your own.

Photography I find is a peaceful hobby that allows people to share their surroundings and experiences while expressing oneself through the art of imagery. Now i certainly don't claim to be an expert in any way at all, i simply like to take pictures of things. Sometimes those pictures can only fully be enjoyed by the one who took it, and sometimes that can be a source of inspiration for others, or simple enjoyment to view the moments that others have captured.

So please, share some of your Photography, discuss your work and enjoy the work of others. I shall be uploading some of my own pictures very shortly.

I've been interested in photography for as long as I can remember, but didn't start until September of last year in hopes of getting the attention of a certain female photographer. I didn't succeed, but at least I found a new hobby.

Here are ten of my favorite pieces of work:

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Edited by colorless

Gorgeous! And they call you colorless, that couldn't be further from the truth. :) You have a very impressive eye for art there, and it's really inspiring. Thank you, very much for sharing your work. I really enjoy the city-scapes and attention to the placement of the objects in your pictures.

I think smoke is sometimes beautiful in photos, especially if colored by sunlight. Especially if its the pinkish one of sunset.

Quite right. I imagine it would be rather difficult to capture a good shot of it but it can look quite magical. I'll give it a shot.

wicked pictures,i gotta buy a digi camera

I love your attention to details, very nice! Thank you for sharing. The first with the blossum is an absolute delight.

I really, really love the first one. It had a mood to it, a silent solemn mood that really draws me in and makes me want to know more. Good work!

Okay. Bear in mind this is something i've just started, i'm sure with time my images will be a lot better.

I have a fascination with sunsets, a rather awful one. :lol: Promise the next batch wont be full of them.

May 1st 2006.

Guest Lottie

Fab photo's everyone! :tu: This thread has now inspired me to take more photo's too!

Burns for a beginner you take good photo's, particulalry like 4, 5 and 6.

yup I gotta download more pics into my photobucket tonight, LOL!

Fab photo's everyone! :tu: This thread has now inspired me to take more photo's too!

Burns for a beginner you take good photo's, particulalry like 4, 5 and 6.

Yay looking forward to seeing them. :)

And thank you! Actually i forgot one, it's just another sunset one though. I think next time i'll go out when the day is a little younger. :lol:

You have a great eye yourself, Burnside. And not to mention the potential to become an amazing photographer. Keep it up. :tu:

I have a thing for nature and sunset photographs....Here are a couple of mine from my last vacation (Ft. Myers Beach, FL).

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I got inspired by a photographer in Ludington Michigan. I have all his published works. We go to Ludington every year for a week (its on Lake Michigan).

Todd Reed

He grew up in Ludington...its an absolutely beautiful place.

Im going to post something as soon as the add this attachment button thing works.

You have a great eye yourself, Burnside. And not to mention the potential to become an amazing photographer. Keep it up. :tu:

Thank you kindly. It's something i really enjoy, so i hope to have alot more pictures on the way.

I'm looking foward to going camping in a couple weeks to capture some good shots. :)

I have a thing for nature and sunset photographs....Here are a couple of mine from my last vacation (Ft. Myers Beach, FL).

Those are some simply magnificent shots, i really like the sunset image and the trees. Thanks for sharing.

Nice photographs. :tu: To everyone.

Very good. I salute you in your skill, and good luck to BurnSide. :)

(This kind of made me want to post a few, but I am in no means an expert in this area. I just like to shoot random pictures, mainly of my cats...and things. 8D)

Here's two of my very favorites, even if the picture of my cat isn't exactly...well, 'art', I still find it amusing.

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Taka

Here's one I took when I was at Sandringham in England. It's the only one I have here at work. It's hard to take a bad shot of this place:

post-16552-1146756569.jpg

here's a few of mine from last weekend

we went to the city and took a picture from atop the olympic tower

user posted image

we visited the St-Joseph Oratory

user posted image

and walked around the city, it was a beautiful day :yes:

I like this picture alot, it's my hubby

user posted image

and one more of spring blossoms:

user posted image

Edited by ShadowDancer

Here's one I took when I was at Sandringham in England. It's the only one I have here at work. It's hard to take a bad shot of this place:

Gorgeous. That belongs on a postcard. :yes:

i dig textures

Simply incredible! You have a nack for patterns, it's really enjoyable to see.

Very good. I salute you in your skill, and good luck to BurnSide. :)

Here's two of my very favorites, even if the picture of my cat isn't exactly...well, 'art', I still find it amusing.

Thank you! :D I'm gearing up for camping, oh man i can't wait to see what i capture!!

hehe your cat is very cute, and the picture is great it's very good quality. I've tried taking a few of mine but it's difficult to get a good shot, especially considering the cat seems to always be on a pot of coffee.

I absolutely adore though the picture of the Butterfly. Well captured.

What a delightful place! Oh i miss the scenic history of England.

here's a few of mine from last weekend

Wow, what's the city? The one from the top of the tower is breathtaking!

Nice shot Coldethyl! I agree with Angrycrustacean, it belongs on a postcard. :yes:

Also, ShadowDancer, great shots. My mom would be particularly fond of the blossoms. :tu:

I'm gearing up for camping, oh man i can't wait to see what i capture!! hehe your cat is very cute, and the picture is great it's very good quality. I've tried taking a few of mine but it's difficult to get a good shot, especially considering the cat seems to always be on a pot of coffee.

I absolutely adore though the picture of the Butterfly. Well captured.

Camping is a great time to get some photographing in, I hope you get something worthwhile. The outdoors is a wonderful place. ^_^

Oh, you really like that picture of my kitty? :w00t: Thanks! (Though, the shallow shadow is kind of distracting. I hate the automatic flash.)

Anyway. I find it's easiest to take pictures of Berry and Half once I've got a few 'experimental' pictures of them running around. They start to calm a little, and pose. :P Also, "tease" them a little, like: "I'm going to get your picture! Come 'ere -Insert Cat Name Here-, you silly thing. *FLASH*"

One more thing! Try and take pictures of your cat(s) when they're lounging, those make for good (funny!) pictures too.

Thanks, for the comment on the butterfly picture.