Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Merged - FBI Kills Tamerlan Tsarnaev Acquaintance

Kowalski

FBI Kills Tamerlan Tsarnaev Acquaintance

Ibragim Todashev told friend he thought the FBI would kill him

Ibragim Todashev, said to be an acquaintance of deceased Boston bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev, was killed by the FBI on Tuesday after agents interrogated him on his political views. The Chechen-born Muslim was shot by agents after midnight at an apartment complex in Orlando, Florida, about ten miles from Disney World.

WESH-TV in Orlando reports that Todashev was originally cooperative, but he was shot after attacking an FBI agent. “During the confrontation, the individual was killed and the agent sustained non-life threatening injuries,” the FBI told ABC News.

Khusn Taramiv, a friend of Todashev, said they were interrogated about the Boston bombing. “(The FBI) took me and my friend, (Ibragim Todashev). They were talking to us, both of us, right? And they said they need him for a little more, for a couple more hours, and I left, and they told me they’re going to bring him back. They never brought him back,” Taramiv told WESH-TV.

See Taramiv’s interview.

Todashev told his friend he felt he would be shot by the FBI. “He felt inside he was going to get shot,” Taramiv said. “I told him, ‘Everything is going to be fine, don’t worry about it.’ He said, ‘I have a really bad feeling.”

Todashev was a professional MMA fighter. In May, according to WESH-TV, he was arrested after an altercation over a parking space.

Taken from: http://www.infowars.com/fbi-kills-tamerlan-tsarnaev-acquaintance/

FBI agent kills man after questioning him about Boston Marathon bombing

An unidentified FBI agent shot and killed a man in Orlando, Fla., early Wednesday after questioning him about his link to the Boston Marathon bombing suspects.

Dave Couvertier, a special agent and spokesman for the FBI's Tampa field office, told Yahoo News the shooting is under investigation. He identified the man as Ibragim Todashev, a 27-year-old Chechen-born Orlando resident and apparent acquaintance of Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the brothers suspected of planning and carrying out the terror attack at last month's Boston Marathon.

The shooting occurred just after midnight at an apartment complex in Orlando, Couvertier said. "The agent encountered the suspect while conducting official duties," he said. "An FBI post-shooting incident review team has been dispatched from Washington, D.C., and expected to arrive in Orlando within 24 hours."

FBI spokesman Paul Bresson told the Associated Press that Todashev "was fatally shot when he initiated a violent confrontation." The FBI agent, Bresson said, "acted on an imminent threat and shot Todashev." The FBI agent was transported to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Khusen Taramov, a friend of Todashev, told local television reporters that he and Todashev were interviewed by the FBI for three hours on Tuesday.

"They were talking to us," Taramov told WESH-TV. "And they said they need him for a little more, for a couple more hours, and I left, and they told me they’re going to bring him back. They never brought him back. ... He felt inside he was going to get shot. I told him, 'Everything is going to be fine, don't worry about it.' He said, 'I have a really bad feeling.'"

Taken from: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/ibragim-todashev-fbi-shooting-boston-tsarnaev-134458251.html

Does anyone else think this is weird?

• Like 2

Sounds very weird. Same as every other detail from that case..

• Like 3

Ibragim Todashev, Questioned In Connection With Marathon Bombings, Shot And Killed By Police: Reports: via HuffPost http://huff.to/1a5zZBu

• Like 1

What the heck? That is the very definition of 'fishy'.

How do you end up shooting someone you are questioning?

• Like 2

If a mixed martial arts expert started to attack me and I had a gun I'd shoot him, too.

• Like 2

I'm usually pretty skeptical about conspiracies, but this sounds like the heavy handed tactics of some third world government.

How did they not just restrain the guy?

• Like 1

wow. Don't pick a fight with a cop with a gun...

SMK's right.... this guy could probably kill with his hands and legs. Coming to a gunfight with only your fists is a poor plan though.

• Like 1

So, there was only 1 agent there? And he was attacked? That would make more sense, I guess.

According to CNN:

While he was being questioned by an FBI agent, two Massachusetts State Police troopers and other law enforcement personnel, "a violent confrontation was initiated by the individual," FBI spokesman Jason Pack said.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/22/justice/florida-fbi-shooting-boston/index.html?hpt=hp_bn1

Unfortunately Walker Texas Ranger was not in the room at the time of the questioning so the agents present had to resort to their firearms to defend themselves.

• Like 2

Everything is happening outside of my work. There are helicopters circling overhead.

• Like 3

Everything is happening outside of my work. There are helicopters circling overhead.

Stay safe!

• Like 4

Stay safe!

Everyone at work is talking about it. It's across the street from us. I don't know what's with the helicopters though. Is someone on the run?

Regardless if the shooting was warranted it is a public relations failure. The FBI should have had better command of the situation and taken more precautions if they had a human weapon in their hand. No need for heads to roll but protocol should be tightened up for the future.

What happens now is this becomes fuel for extremists. They will claim we just hate a whole group of people when most of us do not. The FBI were in charge and lost control of the situation.

So we have a few fires to put out now before they flare up.

Some will undoubtedly blame the FBI or the victim but in the end we should better take care of both. Our law enforcement mechanism is important as well as treating the murdered suspect with dignity including a funeral.

Both of these elements our ares. At least as an American I can claim them both, LEOs and immigrants.

• Like 1

Shooting to defend and shooting to kill are different.

Pro gunners seem to have a problem getting that one.

Shooting to defend and shooting to kill are different.

Pro gunners seem to have a problem getting that one.

lol, there is no such concept, shot to defend, why do gunhaters always make stuff up???

The thing is, if one chooses to attack a law enforcement agent the outcome may very well be your own death.

• Like 1

lol, there is no such concept, shot to defend, why do gunhaters always make stuff up???

Leg.

Foot.

Arm.

Hand.

?????

Edited by Jeffertonturner
  • Like 1

Leg.

Foot.

Arm.

Hand.

?????

Hold still! I'm going to shoot your hand to defend myself from you! Then we can hug.

• Like 1

Everyone at work is talking about it. It's across the street from us. I don't know what's with the helicopters though. Is someone on the run?

Are they news or police helicopters?

Are they news or police helicopters?

I didn't look. We can hear them.

• Like 1

I didn't look. We can hear them.

Go outside and leave a backpack on the sidewalk.

• Like 2