Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Smelly Foam Oozes Through Cracks in Streets

nanjing foam oozing streets

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,020 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

Something very strange started oozing out of the streets in the Chinese city of Nanjing on Saturday night. Generally, when weird things start erupting from the ground in Asian countries it’s in the form of a giant b-movie monster, but this invasion was a whole lot realer, and a whole lot smellier.

http://whofortedblog...hinese-streets/

Posted Image

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,762 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

An investigation has been started into the case of the smelly ooze, but so far, the only rational explanation that officials can come to is that the ‘Godzilla barf’ might be related to nearby subway construction, though even that theory hasn’t answered many questions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Smelly

Oozing foam

Cracks

Subway contruction

China

Sorry, where is the mystery here?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,401 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

That looks nasty, probably more of China's pollution problems.

#4    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

That's definitely construction waste looks like watered down plaster and concrete concrete mix that can't set. I remember working on a building site where there was an elevator shaft that kept getting flooded and people kept throwing there waste in it.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#5    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,251 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

At around 9PM, pedestrians began to notice the pavement at the Wende Baiyun Lane cross intersection started to crack and split open, and before long, a foamy white substance was spewing from the cracks, brining with it a foul-smelling stench. Within a short time, the foam had spread to a 50 meter radius and stood a foot high.

from op link

Nanjing is an old ancient city ...

Early history

Nanjing was one of the earliest established cities in what is now China. According to legend,[which?] Fu Chai, Lord of the State of Wu, founded a fort named Yecheng (冶城) in today's Nanjing area in 495 BCE. Later in 473 BCE, the State of Yue conquered Wu and constructed the fort of Yuecheng (越城) on the outskirts of the present-day Zhonghua Gate. In 333 BCE, after eliminating the State of Yue, the State of Chu built Jinling Yi (金陵) in the western part of present-day Nanjing. Under the Qin and Han dynasties, it was called Moling (秣陵). Since then, the city had experienced destruction and renewal many times.

wiki link

If its industrial or modern pollution waste they'll know and it won't be a mystery to them :

A short time later, the strange substance stopped leaking and the remnants that weren’t quickly washed into the sewers retreated back into the one centimeter wide cracks in the road, leaving authorities baffled as to what the stinking foam could have been.

from op link

doesn't sound like pollution waste  or plaster and concrete concrete mix to me ....

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#6    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

So they didn't take a sample and analysed it?!?

#7    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,251 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 15 May 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

So they didn't take a sample and analysed it?!?

they would but I doubt we'll hear any of the results unless someone 'personally' requests for information and states why the information was needed //
lol
its just the way it works in China

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#8    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

I only came here cause I thought there has to be a good joke in the tittle.  :w00t:  Its definitely pollution of some type they need to find out what factories are dumping in that area.

Edited by CRIPTIC CHAMELEON, 15 May 2013 - 09:23 PM.

#9    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

Ughhhh, I really shouldn't open threads with smelly, oozing, leaking, or anything gross in the title before breakfast.
GROSS.

#10    shrooma

shrooma

.. Pint Pot Politician.

• 3,506 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

View Posts33ker, on 15 May 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

Ughhhh, I really shouldn't open threads with smelly, oozing, leaking, or anything gross in the title before breakfast.
GROSS.
breakfast??
it's not even midnight here!!
if it's tomorrow where you are now, gimme the lottery numbers, i'll go put 'em on, then when it's tomorrow here today and they come up, we can split the winnings 50/50!!
(whaddya mean that's not how it works?!)
*sob*

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bth due to your lack of understanding.

#11    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

View Postshrooma, on 15 May 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

breakfast??
it's not even midnight here!!
if it's tomorrow where you are now, gimme the lottery numbers, i'll go put 'em on, then when it's tomorrow here today and they come up, we can split the winnings 50/50!!
(whaddya mean that's not how it works?!)
*sob*
8:30 am here, and the numbers are-7.10.11.15.3.1.
Half and half is fine with me, don't know why nobodies thought of this before. :tu:

#12    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

It's Thursday morning.

#13    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

It's psychic ooze like in Ghostbusters 2....

The land is angry that people just keep breeding and taking and no one is giving love back...perhaps she will throw a hissy fit soon as her warning seems to be getting laughed at....

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#14    Doctor manhattan

Doctor manhattan

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 147 posts

• What progress we are making. In the Middle Ages they would have burned me. Now they are content with burning my books.
    -sigmund frued

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

Yet another reason to never visit china.

#15    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

:rolleyes:

China is a country full of cultural treasures. Enough reasons to visit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users