Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Airship to conduct aerial search for Bigfoot

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#136    Jeff Meldrum

Jeff Meldrum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

• Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

Do you or your group advocate the taking of a Bigfoot for DNA and or autopsy in order to verify they truly exist?

The initial objective is to establish a methodology that permits tracking and observation, with on-the-ground verification through the collection and documentation of trace and physical evidence. If either of the current DNA projects comes to fruition, we won't need to collect samples for DNA analysis, and the emphasis of the Falcon project would remain on observation and study longterm. If not, then a protocol for reliable location and tracking would lend itself to the subsequent step of DNA collection. I would prefer those initial attempts be to collect samples from hair and scat located by the ground teams, rather than attempts to tranquilize or otherwise capture an individual for purposes of examination. At some point the later may be deemed justified.

#137    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,886 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

View PostJeff Meldrum, on 08 November 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Do you or your group advocate the taking of a Bigfoot for DNA and or autopsy in order to verify they truly exist?

The initial objective is to establish a methodology that permits tracking and observation, with on-the-ground verification through the collection and documentation of trace and physical evidence. If either of the current DNA projects comes to fruition, we won't need to collect samples for DNA analysis, and the emphasis of the Falcon project would remain on observation and study longterm. If not, then a protocol for reliable location and tracking would lend itself to the subsequent step of DNA collection. I would prefer those initial attempts be to collect samples from hair and scat located by the ground teams, rather than attempts to tranquilize or otherwise capture an individual for purposes of examination. At some point the later may be deemed justified.

What kind of response time are you envisioning between the aerial and ground teams. Will there be an immediate response from the ground to collect possible evidence or will circumstances dictate otherwise (weather, terrain, logistics etc.)?

Edit* For the collection of evidence obviously the sooner the better to preserve the integrity of said evidence. Is anything being done in the planning stage to help facilitate that?

Edited by Slave2Fate, 08 November 2012 - 07:54 PM.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#138    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 5,102 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Could you expand on these "current DNA projects"?

And you may have missed my question or do not plan to answer (no problem) but I'll ask again.

Could you expand on the infrasound theory of communication between these hominids? It must be thought probable enough to include infrasound technology in this project.

I think a documentary (as you spoke of)  on the creation and activities of this project would be highly interesting and profitable.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 08 November 2012 - 08:08 PM.

Bigfoot is definitely in the eye of the beholder!

#139    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,736 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

View PostJeff Meldrum, on 08 November 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

If anything substantial ever came out of a investigation ( I.E. Destination truth, Monsterquest, etc. ) I would think a University would get involved in a hurry. And, any agency involved in wildlife. I know Idaho State is involved, but handling donations only.? Sounds like you have not gotten a green light to spend budget money to actively start a significant study / investigation.

Universities do not conduct research, faculty do.  The infrastructure of a university administration facilitates the conduct of research. There are limited university funds for required matches or seed grants, but faculty are expected to identify extramural sources of funding.

Thank You Jeff.

View PostJeff Meldrum, on 08 November 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

If people are donating, why would any good footage be held back for monetary reasons to help " fund " future projects? Seems something like this would be the golden ticket to getting actual funding, and the scientific community more involved. ( and other agencies). I do not understand holding back footage from the public myself. I noticed on the site that it would be held for a documentary?

I am in high hopes, with you being involved, that this kind of thing would not happen. There may be reasons for this, so I thought I would ask. I would just hate to see another " Sylvanic " , " Dr. Ketchum " issue happen.

As I have said to you , this is what seems to happen every time.... " evidence found, releasing soon "..." documentary to follow ".

I am glad that someone like yourself is involved, I have faith you will be someone that will make this project legitimate in how it performs, and releases information.

How much would someone need to donate to " see " footage, and status of project / investigation?....Or, will it be made public?

If good evidence " million dollar shot " is found, can we expect to see or hear about it on major news?

The appropriate approach will be to have substantial evidence refereed and published in a scientific venue before releasing it to the public wholesale. Obviously, if we receive substantial funding from a media source like a cable channel, we will have to work out contractual agreements to accomodate their interests. In the meantime they would provide step by step coverage of the development and progress of the project.

Thank you again Jeff.....I have to admit, I am / was hoping this project will / would not go the route of television. To me, this takes everything away from a serious investigation.

And again, if this comes to Oregon, can I donate my time?...Bow hunted for 20 years... :)

What current DNA projects are you refering to?

And Jeff, thank you for participating.  :tu:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#140    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,140 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:03 AM

Dr Meldrum

Thank you for taking you time to speak to the community. A rare pleasure.

How do you feel this search will affect the phenomena overall? With your support, I suspect you must believe a reasonable chance exists that the search will be fruitful, however, if it is not, do you feel this will affect peoples views on the subject? After all, it does seem the most extensive search ever undertaken, and it reminds me just a little of the search for Nessie, after the BBC sweep in 2003, the legend seems to have lost all steam.

ETA Welcome to UM, and again, thank you for your time. Gosh, a million discussions must have happened here that we would have loved to have seen you in. A treat to have you here. I hope we can convince you to voice in on discussions from time to time. Your input would be greatly appreciated and most valuable.

Cheers.

Edited by psyche101, 09 November 2012 - 04:05 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#141    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

Pleased to have you on board, Dr. Meldrum.

The Falcon Project ”Quick Response Investigative Ground Team” is listed as: Derek Randles,  Lindsay Broughton,  James Million,  Brian Rasmussen,  Paul Graves, and Richard Germeau. Except for Million (what is his background?) all are active in the amateur Bigfoot research community as part of the Olympic Project  (http://www.olympicproject.com/id1.html) which is dubiously associated with Melba Ketchum and DNA Diagnostics (http://www.olympicpr...d15.closelyhtml) and believes some of its trail camera pictures feature supposed “Bigfoot body parts” (http://www.olympicpr...t.com/id13.html).

Posted Image

Additionally, Randles was present at the expedition which yielded the infamous “Skookum cast” (http://www.bigfooten...ookum_hokum.htm (Are you still of the opinion that it shows a Bigfoot-lay rather than a mundane elk-lay?)

Posted ImagePosted Image

I think that the Falcon Project is an innovative approach to data collection. However, my concern is that having so many active “Bigfooters” in close proximity to the search area via the ”Quick Response Investigative Ground Team” immediately casts doubts on to the scientific validity on the entire study should any potentially positive results emerge. In my experience, a significant proportion of Bigfoot fakery and storytelling comes from within the amateur Bigfoot research community itself and that ambiguous data (like the webcam Bigfoot pictures and Skookum cast listed above) are too readily (mis-)interpreted as being evidence of Bigfoot.

If the Falcon Project is a genuine scientific endeavour then why aren’t neutral experienced trackers, biological grad-students, or something similar involved in the response team rather than those with a clearly biased foundation?

Edited by Night Walker, 09 November 2012 - 06:05 AM.

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#142    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• 1,224 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

#143    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,736 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

The Falcon Project ”Quick Response Investigative Ground Team” is listed as: Derek Randles,  Lindsay Broughton,  James Million,  Brian Rasmussen,  Paul Graves, and Richard Germeau. Except for Million (what is his background?) all are active in the amateur Bigfoot research community as part of the Olympic Project  (http://www.olympicproject.com/id1.html) which is dubiously associated with Melba Ketchum and DNA Diagnostics (http://www.olympicpr...d15.closelyhtml) and believes some of its trail camera pictures feature supposed “Bigfoot body parts” (http://www.olympicpr...t.com/id13.html).

I agree 100% with your reply, and have the exact same questions.

After seeing above, I know myself, and many, many others now have a new look on this. And it is not good.

This is what I was afraid of.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#144    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 19,140 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

I'd add my own welcome and thanks to Dr Meldrum for posting here on this site.

I also think that the "Quick Response Investigative Ground Team" should have more non-partisan group members. A response team that is 100% pro-bigfoot are going to be suspect immediately and recieve more media bias then a team of 50% "experts" and 50% qualified non-partisan observers.

View Postpsyche101, on 09 November 2012 - 04:03 AM, said:

How do you feel this search will affect the phenomena overall? With your support, I suspect you must believe a reasonable chance exists that the search will be fruitful, however, if it is not, do you feel this will affect peoples views on the subject? After all, it does seem the most extensive search ever undertaken, and it reminds me just a little of the search for Nessie, after the BBC sweep in 2003, the legend seems to have lost all steam.

I do wonder it like Psyche says here, that if this search (and the 2nd and 3rd and other follow up searches, regardless of number) turn up nothing will that be considered a major Nail in the Coffin?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#145    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

So what I hear Dr. Meldrum saying is that they have a ship, they know where they are going to look, they are using this sort of aerial tracking to enhance the possibility of hooking up with Bigfoot on the ground, and that they have to play the funding game with university administrations and possibly later on,  cable networks who will ultimately have their own advertising-related agenda of douchebaggery to contend with.

I gotta say - I am not envious of the Doc.  Sounds like a giant pain in the ass for something that might not even be real.  Best of luck!

#146    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

Incorrect, they're trying to get funds to build a ship and they will owe the monetary backer for their investment, but that's how it often is when you don't have the bucks yourself. In cases like this one must understand that the "Golden Rule" applies.

"The one with all the gold makes the rules."

Edited by keninsc, 11 November 2012 - 06:42 AM.

#147    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 19,140 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 11 November 2012 - 06:02 AM, said:

So what I hear Dr. Meldrum saying is that they have a ship, they know where they are going to look, they are using this sort of aerial tracking to enhance the possibility of hooking up with Bigfoot on the ground, and that they have to play the funding game with university administrations and possibly later on,  cable networks who will ultimately have their own advertising-related agenda of douchebaggery to contend with.

I gotta say - I am not envious of the Doc.  Sounds like a giant pain in the ass for something that might not even be real.  Best of luck!
Ah, but he has the other guy...William Barnes... to do all his ground work and leg work. Or at least to help. Lots better then doing it all yourself.

Edited by DieChecker, 11 November 2012 - 08:44 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#148    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 5,102 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

I just want to see it built and fly and gather information and not scare the fauna or crash.

My interest in the project has pretty much nothing to do with Bigfoot, even if the project is about sasquatch.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 11 November 2012 - 10:06 PM.

Bigfoot is definitely in the eye of the beholder!

#149    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• 1,224 posts

J.M. Smith

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

Sakari: Is question time with Dr. meldrum officially over? Are you able to confirm?

#150    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,736 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

View PostNight Walker, on 14 November 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

Sakari: Is question time with Dr. meldrum officially over? Are you able to confirm?

I will send a email and see......

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users