Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Planet x

MarkSteven

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Resonance

• MID

• poleflux

• Admiral Danger

That site bases their stuff around the bible so I cannot really...agree with it. At all.

could we be done after 2012, i've been seeing a lot about the Mayan calendar and it's ending around 2012.

My opinion on this is that the since the Mayan calendar is on a 5000 year cycle, then humanity must have gone through this cycle many times. I can't see anything different about 2012 than previous years in human history when the cycle ended.

could we be done after 2012, i've been seeing a lot about the Mayan calendar and it's ending around 2012.

talks about planet x

http://www.amightywind.com/planetx/planetx.htm

This Planet X is rubbish.The planet itself is none existent.Its has been discussed time and time again and as always it has been found to be nothing more than a idea that has no bases in truth.

The Mayan calendar that ends in 2012 is of absolutely NO indication that life of any form will end at that date.And it does not stand in any relation to this "planet x" nonsense.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the link provided.

Nothing more than unadulterated BS.Astronomers has never found this "Planet X", There is NO cover up regarding the subject.

That site hosts nothing more than pseudo-scientific disinformation babble.

Edited by NeoGenesis

oh no... not this again... :(

its been discussed in previous topics in the space and astronomy section. and the majority agree that its a load of nonsense...

just dont bother with it while your ahead :tu:

Its a repost....Why mods did not close this thread?

Thanks

B???

Hey, we in Wisconsin have more important things to worry about than the End of the World.

We have Were Wolves in the town of Ridgway! Flying saucers in Belmont! And Drunk Biker Mommas in Darlington. Be scared! Be VERY Scared! :D

Hey, we in Wisconsin have more important things to worry about than the End of the World.

We have Were Wolves in the town of Ridgway! Flying saucers in Belmont! And Drunk Biker Mommas in Darlington. Be scared! Be VERY Scared! :D

true enough, i don't think these events will happen, i'm only talking about the possibility that some of it might be believable.

the only reason that i came here, however i turn there seems to be negative response to the idea that anything is possible. isn't this the point of the forum or are well so narrow minded to only think of the impossible

I don't mean to be all, "oh no! another 2012/planet x/polar shift/... er aliens? thread!". But hasn't this subject been discussed enough in the numerous other threads?

And hasn't everyone always had the exact same arguments for and against the end of the world in 2012?

For the OP, wouldn't a lot of amateur astronomers and just people in general, notice something as colossal as Planet X is supposed to be?

if neither happen, then i guess it doesn't really matter.

Yes it does matter, as this forum needs another pseudo-nonsense, anti-science, anti-reason, money-raking, faith-promoting, sensationalist 2012 thread like it needs a kick in the face. There's enough rubbish on this haystack of stupidity called the internet as it is, thank you very much.

Doesn't the fact that the website has "May 15th 2003" crossed out and "Time of arrival UNKNOWN" written underneath it mean anything to you?

there seems to be negative response to the idea that anything is possible.

Not everything is possible, no. That's a lazy excuse for an illogical argument.

Edited by Emma_Acid

I am not buying the whole world ending in 2012..because they said the same about 9/9/99. Even if the world ended tomorow, why worry about it, just live your life. Besides we all know that Cthulhu will rise out of the sea..and thats how the world ends.

Amen to everything Emma said... :tu:

Besides we all know that Cthulhu will rise out of the sea..and thats how the world ends.

Pfft... the Flying Spaghetti Monster will PWN Cthulhu... :P

:rofl:

Cz

I hate that these people jump to pessimistic doom & gloom "end of the world" conclusions when talking of the Mayan calander ending...

Its something to celebrate and welcome, its not just the end of the current cycle, its the START of a new cycle.

Why cant we have some positive prophecies for a change?

I prefer the idea that this new cycle (or new 4th/5th world depending on which Native American tribe you ask), is a sign of positive changes to come as a result of all the negative things that are currently going on.

The future is determined by our actions, as a global whole, and our actions depend on our state of mind. The world is being painted with all this doom & gloom, with terrorism, economic collapse, global warming, disease, etc etc...and all this media talk, has a serious effect on us, and therefore our actions... which brings us to a bad conclusion. So yes, we may well see something people will claim to be "the end of the world", but it wouldn't be the final "end" to all life, and it wouldn't be the direct wrath of a god or aliens or whatever... rather, it would be negative actions performed by normal people in positions of power, that once we push through, will result in the world becoming a better place, learning from the past, beginning the new cycle.

Im not saying we're going to see world peace, but we could certainly see serious headway towards us being more in tune with the world, the groundwork has already been laid.

So yeah, we need to battle through the bad stuff, in order to reach the good stuff, and thats what i think these ancient prophecies are trying to tell us.

This Planet X is rubbish.The planet itself is none existent.Its has been discussed time and time again and as always it has been found to be nothing more than a idea that has no bases in truth.

The Mayan calendar that ends in 2012 is of absolutely NO indication that life of any form will end at that date.And it does not stand in any relation to this "planet x" nonsense.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the link provided.

Nothing more than unadulterated BS.Astronomers has never found this "Planet X", There is NO cover up regarding the subject.That site hosts nothing more than pseudo-scientific disinformation babble.

Well, first off, the IRAS 'did' find something of substantial size very far away. For you to say that there is 'no' cover-up is completely opinionative.

You can't 'prove' if there was or wasn't a cover up, so don't go on 'babbling' about something, if you don't have proof to back it up.

Seeing as I myself have no proof pertaining to this subject, I will hold back my opinion.

If planet X did exsist we would know about it plan as the nose on your face. The gravity of such a planet would have been detected a long time ago and with it only 3 years away, it would be in our back yard by now.

I hate that these people jump to pessimistic doom & gloom "end of the world" conclusions when talking of the Mayan calander ending...

Its something to celebrate and welcome, its not just the end of the current cycle, its the START of a new cycle.

Why cant we have some positive prophecies for a change?

I prefer the idea that this new cycle (or new 4th/5th world depending on which Native American tribe you ask), is a sign of positive changes to come as a result of all the negative things that are currently going on.

The future is determined by our actions, as a global whole, and our actions depend on our state of mind. The world is being painted with all this doom & gloom, with terrorism, economic collapse, global warming, disease, etc etc...and all this media talk, has a serious effect on us, and therefore our actions... which brings us to a bad conclusion. So yes, we may well see something people will claim to be "the end of the world", but it wouldn't be the final "end" to all life, and it wouldn't be the direct wrath of a god or aliens or whatever... rather, it would be negative actions performed by normal people in positions of power, that once we push through, will result in the world becoming a better place, learning from the past, beginning the new cycle.

Im not saying we're going to see world peace, but we could certainly see serious headway towards us being more in tune with the world, the groundwork has already been laid.

So yeah, we need to battle through the bad stuff, in order to reach the good stuff, and thats what i think these ancient prophecies are trying to tell us.

Yes, as do I.

While I agree with the whole gist of your post, I would like you to explain why we are having this 'global warming' trend that you speak of..... I'm not speaking anthropogenic global warming either.

I want you to come up with an educated reason as to 'why' global warming is happening, and please don't babble on about how it's all anthropogenic.

I've heard many many opinions as to 'why' this could be happening.

The only one that I've heard tied into Planet X, was actually a quite reasonable opinion.

They said, "The supposed Planet X is or has a brown dwarf star amongst it, all of which are emitting heat, gravity, and blah blah blah...." They further go on stating that these emissions are affecting our solar system as it comes passing by.... blah blah blah.

Either way, it was a fun opinion to listen to, whether or not it was based off 'any' scientific data. The very distinct change that has been happening in our climates in the past few years has begun to make me rethink how I handle these 'dooms day' prophecies. The fact that the 'warming trend' that is apparent on Earth, is happening on multiple planets in our solar system, makes me wonder. If it's not only happening on Earth, then that could either mean the Sun is fluctuating differently, or there's something else out there affecting us... Apparently the person that came up with that idea i just shared, was thinking the latter.

Now, your turn. What's your idea Mr. Dwarf?

:unsure2:

If planet X did exsist we would know about it plan as the nose on your face. The gravity of such a planet would have been detected a long time ago and with it only 3 years away, it would be in our back yard by now.

This is definitely one of the biggest discrepancies that I found also.

Unless it's going EXTREMELY and I mean EXTREMELY fast, it's not possible that it isn't detectable yet.

Could you imagine though, if it 'were' real. And it 'was' going that fast.

We'd be screwed. lol.

hahaha..

This is definitely one of the biggest discrepancies that I found also.

Unless it's going EXTREMELY and I mean EXTREMELY fast, it's not possible that it isn't detectable yet.

Could you imagine though, if it 'were' real. And it 'was' going that fast.

We'd be screwed. lol.

hahaha..

It would be lights out for sure. It wouldn't even have to hit us. Just getting to close to it or it to us would spell disaster. The gravity alone on a close pass would tear us to shreads, change our orbit, rip the planet in half yada yada LOL It is said that planet X is about the size of Jupiter so ya, a big fast deadly rogue planet yikes. I would go hide on Mars but that wouldn't be any safer :lol:

It would be lights out for sure. It wouldn't even have to hit us. Just getting to close to it or it to us would spell disaster. The gravity alone on a close pass would tear us to shreads, change our orbit, rip the planet in half yada yada LOL It is said that planet X is about the size of Jupiter so ya, a big fast deadly rogue planet yikes. I would go hide on Mars but that wouldn't be any safer :lol:

:D I know.

I would simply spell out 'ANNUNAKI LANDING SITE' in the sand of a beach, just like an S.O.S. :wacko:

hehe.

Maybe then they could come grab me before their gravity instantly makes everyone on earth flatten out, be pulled 700ft in the air, then dropped faster than the speed of sound instantaneously. LOL.

**Joking, I know what would actually happen if it were real. :) (at least scientifically, what 'could' happen).

Edited by Resonance

Well, first off, the IRAS 'did' find something of substantial size very far away. For you to say that there is 'no' cover-up is completely opinionative.

You can't 'prove' if there was or wasn't a cover up, so don't go on 'babbling' about something, if you don't have proof to back it up.

Seeing as I myself have no proof pertaining to this subject, I will hold back my opinion.

My humble apologies.I need to pay better attention regarding this in the future to halt any further complications.

Here is the support to my claims:

David Morrison, a space scientist at NASA Ames Research Center and interim director of NASA's new Lunar Science Institute.

http://dsc.discovery.com/space/my-take/nib...d-morrison.html

Still feel that there is a cover up.Ask them yourself:

http://astrobiology.nasa.gov/ask-an-astrobiologist/

Yes, as do I.

While I agree with the whole gist of your post, I would like you to explain why we are having this 'global warming' trend that you speak of..... I'm not speaking anthropogenic global warming either.

I want you to come up with an educated reason as to 'why' global warming is happening, and please don't babble on about how it's all anthropogenic.

I've heard many many opinions as to 'why' this could be happening.

The only one that I've heard tied into Planet X, was actually a quite reasonable opinion.

They said, "The supposed Planet X is or has a brown dwarf star amongst it, all of which are emitting heat, gravity, and blah blah blah...." They further go on stating that these emissions are affecting our solar system as it comes passing by.... blah blah blah.

Either way, it was a fun opinion to listen to, whether or not it was based off 'any' scientific data. The very distinct change that has been happening in our climates in the past few years has begun to make me rethink how I handle these 'dooms day' prophecies. The fact that the 'warming trend' that is apparent on Earth, is happening on multiple planets in our solar system, makes me wonder. If it's not only happening on Earth, then that could either mean the Sun is fluctuating differently, or there's something else out there affecting us... Apparently the person that came up with that idea i just shared, was thinking the latter.

Now, your turn. What's your idea Mr. Dwarf?

:unsure2:

If you re-read my post, you'll see that I was not stating my personal opinion on global warming, I was talking about how people are always going on about global warming, and how that contributes to the worlds "oh noes, we're doomed" state of mind. If you want to start a discussion on Global Warming, im sure someone will be along to provide, as I have no interest :)

Edited by DrunkDwarf

If you re-read my post, you'll see that I was not stating my personal opinion on global warming, I was talking about how people are always going on about global warming, and how that contributes to the worlds "oh noes, we're doomed" state of mind. If you want to start a discussion on Global Warming, im sure someone will be along to provide, as I have no interest :)

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that you were stating anything other than what you actually were stating.

I wanted your opinion.

I completely understood what you were trying to say.

I was just wondering if you were educated enough to discuss something that you were making reference to.

talks about planet x

http://www.amightywind.com/planetx/planetx.htm

Hi there......

If Nibiru is coming our way....and 2012 is more or less the time to expect it.

Then the question of is it or isn't it a reality will be answered in the not too distant future.

I have heard later dates put forward, can't remember where now.....but I think the question

will be answered one way or another, within the next few years.

And IF it does turn out to be a reality....the severity of the affects to us on Earth will depend

on where it, us and the sun is at that time.

link..

from more info box...

Supposedly leaked by someone working on the Scott - Amundsen South Pole Telescope (SPT). This video shows 5 visible planets! All credit should go to the original Poster who took the risk ... if its original that is!

link..

link..IS NIBIRU'S APPROACH PATH HIDDEN IN THE AVEBURY CROP CIRCLE?

Hi there......

If Nibiru is coming our way....and 2012 is more or less the time to expect it.

Then the question of is it or isn't it a reality will be answered in the not too distant future.

I have heard later dates put forward, can't remember where now.....but I think the question

will be answered one way or another, within the next few years.

And IF it does turn out to be a reality....the severity of the affects to us on Earth will depend

on where it, us and the sun is at that time.

link..

from more info box...

link..

link..IS NIBIRU'S APPROACH PATH HIDDEN IN THE AVEBURY CROP CIRCLE?

I think it's been completely established that Planet X, or Nibiru, or whatever people call it, does not and has never existed. We'd know it if it did.