Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Feature Requests / Bug Reporting

Saru

The forum upgrades are for the most part complete, however as is usually the case after a board upgrade there will still be features that have not yet been re-added. This thread is here to give forum users the opportunity to report any missing or non-working features, or to suggest new additions to the site or to the forum while it is being worked on.

Feel free to suggest any changes no matter how trivial, i'll see what i can do to implement them while i'm still working on the site.

Known issues:

• Chat room counter needs to be re-added
  • Still some minor layout changes needing to be done

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Daughter of the Nine Moons

• Janiel

• Magikman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Topic status, when viewing all posts in profiles (hot topic, no new posts, closed....) I'd like to see it again crying.gif also, thread page count, since the change ive started using the post preview link, but it would be nice to have the same page counter that is on a thread.

The nifty avatar, gallery uploads, and comments counter at the top of the forum was a really nice addition before

Dont forget the spacesnaps and spaceflightnews tabs (incredibly convenient!)

if i think of anything else i'll let you know. I REALLY like all the new features thumbsup.gif well done SaRuMaN grin2.gif

Edit- On the search screen it it would be nice to get the "search by topic title" and "search entire post" options

and i think tommy mentioned in the update thread, that when posting, page breaks are hard to determine. Everything is the same color

Edited by UniversalAbsurdity

Same as above. thumbsup.gif

Bug: I found that when logging off now the log off screen just keeps running and I have to refresh to get rid of it.

Topic status, when viewing all posts in profiles (hot topic, no new posts, closed....) I'd like to see it again

That's still there - except there are two options for viewing a members forum contributions instead of one, the topic status is visible when you click the "find member's topics' option as oppose to 'find member's posts'.

The nifty avatar, gallery uploads, and comments counter at the top of the forum was a really nice addition before

I have big plans for what was previously the 'welcome panel' on the top of the forum, suffice to say an improved version is in the works. thumbsup.gif

On the search screen it it would be nice to get the "search by topic title" and "search entire post" options

Click 'more options' to bring up the full search options screen.

and i think tommy mentioned in the update thread, that when posting, page breaks are hard to determine. Everything is the same color

I think this is fixed - do you mean the summary of a thread below the posting area when you post a reply to a topic ?

When you look at your profile it tells you what forum you've most posted in (or at least it used to) it'd be cool if it showed all the forums and told you the number and % of posts you've made in each catagory.

Also, is it now the default that your sent messages are not saved? I'd like mine to be saved in my "Sent items" folder but I can't find the option for it if there is one thumbsup.gif

Edit: Also, the options button at the bottom of the page still doesn't work for me, is it my browser as it does have difficulty sometimes?

Edited by thebarman

Bug: I found that when logging off now the log off screen just keeps running and I have to refresh to get rid of it.

252262[/snapback]

Thats an odd bug, it seems like the redirection box goes into an infinite loop. Until it's fixed, the easiest way around it is to click on the 'click here if you do not wish to wait' link, which will bypass it and take you straight to the forum index.

I have big plans for what was previously the 'welcome panel' on the top of the forum, suffice to say an improved version is in the works. 

Very cool, Cant wait grin2.gif

do you mean the summary of a thread below the posting area when you post a reply to a topic ?
Yep

And thank you for pointing out the more options button on the search screen ohmy.gifthumbsup.gif

When you look at your profile it tells you what forum you've most posted in (or at least it used to) it'd be cool if it showed all the forums and told you the number and % of posts you've made in each catagory.

I'll keep an eye out for a modification that can do something along those lines, unfortunately it's too large a job to do myself from scratch.

Also, is it now the default that your sent messages are not saved? I'd like mine to be saved in my "Sent items" folder but I can't find the option for it if there is one

When you write a PM, there's a checkbox down the bottom for selecting whether the message is saved in your sent items folder or not. If there is an option to turn this on by default, i haven't found it yet either - but there probably is one somewhere.

Also, the options button at the bottom of the page still doesn't work for me, is it my browser as it does have difficulty sometimes?

If you click 'fast reply' first, then the options button - the options will appear, however I think it's supposed to open on it's own aswell. I'm still trying to find a solution for that one.

do you mean the summary of a thread below the posting area when you post a reply to a topic ?

Yep

That's odd, i've added line borders to that area to seperate out the posts. Are they not showing up for you ?

252262[/snapback]

Thats an odd bug, it seems like the redirection box goes into an infinite loop. Until it's fixed, the easiest way around it is to click on the 'click here if you do not wish to wait' link, which will bypass it and take you straight to the forum index.

252293[/snapback]

SaRu, "click here' didn't work it stays in the loop.

SaRu, "click here' didn't work it stays in the loop.

I just checked it and the link definately breaks the loop, or at least it does for me. It links directly to the board index, so there shouldn't be any way the loop can continue after the link has been clicked.

I've noticed that clicking on the 'today's active topics' link doesn't bring anything up unless you're logged in, is there any way to change that? blink.gif

Edited by Magikman

I've noticed that clicking on the 'today's active topics' link doesn't bring anything up unless you're logged in, is there any way to change that?

252412[/snapback]

Not that i know of, but it might be possible.

The board could need details of the logged in user to determine what constitutes 'todays topics', which would mean that it will only ever work if you're logged in.

Ah.......they must have changed something because you didn't need to be logged in with the previous version for the link to work, it probably used the clock to determine the range of topics to display. dontgetit.gif

How about some more Homepage options to neaten it up abit?

Something like, Favourite Movie, Appearance, Martial Status, Worst Night of your Life, that sort of thing. Add some spice to the homepages.

Kinda silly, but fun nonetheless!

Martial Status

253061[/snapback]

Did you mean Martial status or Marital status?? laugh.gif

Hi, my names Ben and I've got a black belt in origami! thumbsup.gif

Edit: I just noticed the little orange arrow in the quotes that takes you to the original post - very cool cool.gif

Edited by thebarman

Hi, my names Ben and I've got a black belt in origami! thumbsup.gif

laugh.gif...origami bardude?

*toddles off to get a coffee still giggling**

Login/Logout issue has been fixed, the redirection box no longer goes into an infinite loop when you try to log out.

When sending a private message, the "Add a copy of this message to my sent items folder " checkbox will now be automatically ticked, so you do not need to manually select it every time you send a message.

A Member Panel has now been added to the main page of the site. This displays your post count, join date, gallery comments, uploads and whether or not you have any new private messages - without needing to enter the forum. Unregistered users will see a guest version of the member panel instead. This feature is in part a replacement for the old forum welcome panel that disappeared after the forum upgrade last week.

How about some more Homepage options to neaten it up abit?

Something like, Favourite Movie, Appearance, Martial Status, Worst Night of your Life, that sort of thing. Add some spice to the homepages.

I may be adding some new profile fields, however i'm not sure what they'll be at this point, so keep an eye out for those.

Awesooome! thumbsup.gif I love customization!

Hey just noticed that the icon for Poll(New) and Poll(No New) is exactly the same. No wonder i was getting so confused. sad.gif

To be honest i don't like the new IPB 2.0 post icons, i've restored the whole set back to the previous ones.

I thought they were pretty neat, but a little confusing.

The Chat Room Counter on the main board index is back, visitors can once again find out at a glance who is in the site chat room.

Lets get some activity going on in there again thumbsup.gif