Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Dyatlov Pass incident

Samuronin

157 members have voted

1. 1. What happened to them?

• Murder
    • Alien Abduction
    • Bigfoot
    • Werewolves/Vampire /Skinwalkers
    • Government Cover-up
    • Gang Attack
    • Supernatural Causes
    • Other

It was an unfortunate hiking accident which can easily be explained. They were the unfortunate victims of an avalanche and hypothermia. The reason they were partially dressed can be explained by paradoxical undressing.

The reason the bodies had a strange tint was due to the fact that they had lain dead in the sun for a number of days. The woman with the missing tongue could be attributed to scavengers, since that is one of the parts they will go for first. The three hikers with the crushed bodies and the torn tent all point to an avalanche as the cause.

Also, claims about radiation and orange spheres do not appear in the original inquest, which suggest they were add much later.

It was a sad, tragic accident, but nothing paranormal.

• Like 3

It was an unfortunate hiking accident which can easily be explained. They were the unfortunate victims of an avalanche and hypothermia. The reason they were partially dressed can be explained by paradoxical undressing.

The reason the bodies had a strange tint was due to the fact that they had lain dead in the sun for a number of days. The woman with the missing tongue could be attributed to scavengers, since that is one of the parts they will go for first. The three hikers with the crushed bodies and the torn tent all point to an avalanche as the cause.

Also, claims about radiation and orange spheres do not appear in the original inquest, which suggest they were add much later.

Very succinctly put.

Very succinctly put.

Thank you. original.gif

I put other due to the lack of "fairly well explained as an accident" opition

Excellent analysis. I agree.

It's a fascinating case which is most likely due to the electromagnectic field emminating from a flying cryptid imo. The fear factor was enough to send the group into a panic stricken run into the night.

It's a fascinating case which is most likely due to the electromagnectic field emminating from a flying cryptid imo. The fear factor was enough to send the group into a panic stricken run into the night.

Most likely how exactly? No please tell me what evidence is there to say it is most likely exactly. Do you actually think when you post this stuff.

Lets look at the odds of this shall we?

Observed instance of such a nonsensical animal = 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Guess what the probability based on most likely is for this animal not existing is! 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999%

Please try and learn a little about life on earth before you abuse science any further.

Wait, wait, let me guess, the hyrax can fly now!

Wait, wait, let me guess, the hyrax can fly now!

Dammit you beat me to it. I was going to say the same. So Smugfish, what cryptid is it?

hahahahahahahahahaha..... more hyrax stuff........hahahahaha... sorry.... can't stop laughing......

anyway, creepy story nonetheless. the rational explanations given here are the most likely, although all the mystery with the documents makes for an intriguing twist. have to agree with an avalanche, though i don't think scavengers would stop at just a tongue. these are my opinions.

Most likely how exactly? No please tell me what evidence is there to say it is most likely exactly. Do you actually think when you post this stuff.

Lets look at the odds of this shall we?

Observed instance of such a nonsensical animal = 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Guess what the probability based on most likely is for this animal not existing is! 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999%

Please try and learn a little about life on earth before you abuse science any further.

That as a little rude dude. :lol:

I don't think it was rude, just a point needing to be made. There is no evidence whatsoever that there was ever a flying cryptid(if there is any at all) anywhere near the hikers and brighter minds than ours have explained the case quite clearly and logically without divulging in fantastic claims about stuff that does not exist. *shrugs* My bet is, the poster simply was 'slightly' irritated at the "I know this for a fact" attitude of the previous poster when nothing at all what they suggested was ever proven. I know I was.

yeah, but you gotta know the whole hyrax thing with smugfish... it's frankly a little insulting to the members of this forum the way he posts the things he does without any explanation of why he thinks that way, then goes on to hijack any other threads he can get his hands on. ask cetacea, who has a uniquely strong fondness for the guy.

yeah, but you gotta know the whole hyrax thing with smugfish... it's frankly a little insulting to the members of this forum the way he posts the things he does without any explanation of why he thinks that way, then goes on to hijack any other threads he can get his hands on. ask cetacea, who has a uniquely strong fondness for the guy.

:blush: It's the blatant and continuous abuse of zoology in the face of facts I guess... you get a little irritated after a few pages.

Yeah.... I looked up his topics, this dude sure loves Hyraxs..... :lol:

Yeah.... I looked up his topics, this dude sure loves Hyraxs..... :lol:

no, really what he loves is to turn all of UM into his own giant mad libs. what happened to atlantis? a hyrax ate it. why am i hearing noises under my bed? a hyrax is under there. who built the pyramids? a whole friggin gang of hyraxes did. it gets old like cetecea said.

Sorry Kroe!, but the whole avelanche thing is a none starter for me! Apart from the tent being ripped,or torn apart from within, I have read about this subject quite a lot, and have never come across the part where it says that the search parties had to dig or move even a tiny avelanche's worth of snow! Thurther-more, surely the coroner would have known that the tongue would have been scavenged by a crow or some other meat scrouger! Besides, if it were scavengers that took it,whilst still in the young ladys mouth,..then why was there no mention of any other facial damage,i.e the lips and even more liely the eyes?,which i believe are always the first things to go!.. I do not claim to be any kind of expert, But i do believe that this incident is a <_< frustratingly never to be solved mystery!!!!

• Like 1

Sorry Kroe!, but the whole avelanche thing is a none starter for me! Apart from the tent being ripped,or torn apart from within, I have read about this subject quite a lot, and have never come across the part where it says that the search parties had to dig or move even a tiny avelanche's worth of snow! Thurther-more, surely the coroner would have known that the tongue would have been scavenged by a crow or some other meat scrouger! Besides, if it were scavengers that took it,whilst still in the young ladys mouth,..then why was there no mention of any other facial damage,i.e the lips and even more liely the eyes?,which i believe are always the first things to go!.. I do not claim to be any kind of expert, But i do believe that this incident is a <_< frustratingly never to be solved mystery!!!!

good points... the whole just the tongue missing didn't really sit right with me either, and logic would dictate the removal of snow in the case of an avalanche. mmmm... maybe it WAS a hyrax!!(no, not really)

You always come up with the most original stuff dude. :tu:

"electromagnetic field emminationg from a flying cryptid". and i also like how it is "Most likely" as in your words...

This is a forum about cryptozoology, is it not? So, I'm giving a balance to the overly weighted mainstream "it's all urban myth" brigade.

Good point, so what do you think happened to the hikers? I'm really curious as to how anyone, even up to today, cannot suggest plausible explanations. And please, no more hyraxs :D

This is a forum about cryptozoology, is it not? So, I'm giving a balance to the overly weighted mainstream "it's all urban myth" brigade.

And if crypotzoology wants to start being taken seriously, it's followers should stop making stuff up because it's fun and come up with plausible explanations that do not fly in the face of scientific facts and that would be ecologically viable.

no, you're trying to slap your little, ridiculous hyrax theories into just about every thread in this forum. you haven't even answered any of the reasonable questions posed in your own thread, and you just infiltrate others with your nonesensical tie-ins to their topics. come on, man.

Good point, so what do you think happened to the hikers? I'm really curious as to how anyone, even up to today, cannot suggest plausible explanations. And please, no more hyraxs :D

it's such a strange story that it's kinda hard to even speculate as to what even MIGHT have happened. obviously there was just enough facts left out for it to end up that way. it's unfortunate, because i for one would like to know what happened... or even had enough to speculate myself as to what happened.