Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Japan killing dolphins, now whales!

Picturesque Orion

Remember my thread on Japan killing the Dolphins for no good reason? Well I just received an email from Greenpeace and yes, now they are sending a six- ship whaling fleet to the Southern Ocean to kill 945 whales, yes 945 whales! :angry2: Including ten endangered fin whales. Don't they have inaf with the dolphins? Heres is a copy of the email Greenpeace sent me:

"945 WHALES WILL BE HUNTED THIS YEAR

YOUR IDEAS CAN HELP SAVE THEM"

Dear friend,

In the coming days, the blue ocean of the Antarctic will turn to red.

The six-ship whaling fleet has left Japan, and is headed directly to the Southern Ocean. 945 whales, including ten endangered fin whales, will be killed - unless we do something to save them.

It's time to put an end to whaling in the Southern Ocean. Forever.

Last year, your emails and activism convinced one of the largest seafood companies in the world to get out of the whaling business. This year, we're asking you to join us in defending the whales from the very beginning.

We need the power of your ideas.

Post your ideas for new actions on the high seas to save more whales.

Join us for the final leg of the Defending Our Oceans expedition as we return to Antarctica to once again confront the whaling fleet.

Click here now to visit our new defending the whales site, where you can get inspired by other people's ideas, rate them, improve them and add your own.

We'll read every idea and you'll see the best ones put into action.

We are all in this together.

945 whales are waiting for your help.

Sincerely,

Gerd Leipold

Executive Director, Greenpeace International

P.S. Please post your own action idea. Click here now.

I just can't believe it! :angry2: 945 whales will be killied! :cry: The whole world is trying to recuparate the poblation of whales and here comes Japan and starts to kill dolphins for no good reason ( see my other thread) and now whales. :angry: They look very smart with their space programs and robots and constructions but they don't respect mother nature and thats one thing that we must all do because we weren't the first species to walk the Earth so we have absolutly no right to damage mother nature and her species. I am not against them killing the whales for eating but it is just to many whales just think about it, 945! :angry2: :angry::cry::no:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tucuxi

• MadMachine

• OlDrippy34

• draconic chronicler

945....that seems to be a lot of whales...too much. Maybe Japan will, but I do think that Greenpeace is just exagurrating the truth to get people on their side. In no way am I supporting what Japan is doing although.

Wow crazy. Its like they think they own the earth.

''To hunt a species to extinction is not logical.''

''Whoever said the human race is logical.''

I never understood Japan's eating habits and to kill off something as majestic and beautiful as whales is just mindboggeling <_<

I pray that God has mercy on their souls for killing whales.

I hope that Greenpeace can stop them...

This isn't new, this is an ongoing issue and has been for quite some time. Each year Japan goes out and kills more species of Whales, more and more, and each year the whole world pleads with them to stop, to which the pleas only fall to deaf ears.

Back in the 1980's it was made illegal to hunt many different types of whales simply for food, and this bill was passed in accordance to worries Japan was going to kill many species of whales to extinction before long if it was not stopped.

However, they found a loop-hole. They could kill the Whales for 'scientific research'. So in actuality, what Japan is doing currently they are doing legally through this loophole, since they claim to be killing hundreds of endangered species each year for scoentific research and research into ways to prevent extinction of these creatures.

But in actual fact each of the animals taken winds up in both expensive restaurants in Japan and even in seafood street booths. There is ample evidence in video form of butcher houses littered with the carasses of whales being made ready for eating. Whale is considered a traditional delicacy to the Japanese.

Currently Australia is the worlds leading supporter of banning all whale hunting for all purposes outright, but they are having little luck in stopping this deadful slaughter. :(

I understand the traditional and cultural attraction to eating whale for them, but the lies and simply ridiculous numbers in the slaughter makes me want to cry.

In regards to the dolphins, that's a much more recent issue and i don't have much information on that, but i'm assuming the issue is of the same nature.

I am not going to buy anymore of their stuff. I think I'll write them a letter telling them too.

You got a link for Greenpeace?

What link? They sent me this masseage from Greenpeace Ocean Defenders, I'm a member there. :tu:

Post your ideas for new actions on the high seas to save more whales.

Whatever really they can get their hands on. There is simply no way to humanely kill a whale at sea. From what I understand "modern" whalers use a gun to fire a special grenade into the whale to blow a hole in it. :no:

I can honestly say if some whaling ships happened to be blown up or went missing, I could turn a blind eye. :innocent:

Thanks Burnside for an interesting reply. I also don't agree with the killing of whales or dolphins - I never knew the Japanese ate them!!

torpedo their ships and warm them one last time

there is a good reason for this you know, for all hunting.

MONEY!

i don't support it, but that's how it is.

Making a specie almost extinct raises their value.

Also the last ones of their kind are the real pricey ones.

It's cruel, it's human.

Its like, an animal is only worth eating if its endangered.

Yeah you're right. I let myself fly off the hook again. >_>

Killing dogs to get rid of rabies. I'm much more worried about what China does with those corpses. Chinese are so high up for profit that did you know they actually pirate food?

Edited by Denzanrom

Why do people have to get racist in here? Americans have caused a few species to go extinct. Not saying its right what theyre doing but whats with the "never trust and asian man" comment? Awkward attempt at humor Im guessing.

Edited by ninjashoes

I am partial to Burside's post. I'm glad I didn't have to type all that out myself... As far as Greenpeace, I myself am an environmentalist, but I disagree with a lot of the things they do. Standing atop a slain whale and sending back horrific pictures may evoke pity, but it won't help that whale and it may not cause anyone to spring into action. All you will get is an "Oh, that's terrible SOMEONE should do something about this!", then they forget and go back to what they were doing. When organizations such as Greenpeace and Sea Shepherd exaggerate "facts" and throw generalizing insults at countries and cultures, it does nothing but discredit the organization. Asian people, in this case, specifically the Japanese, are not monsters. Much of the general population is against the prospect of whaling, and many are not aware of the dolphin drive fisheries. When they find out, many are horrified. I have the same view about the Icelandics and Norwegians. There are plenty of good, fine people there. Regarding the whalers themselves, I doubt that many, if any, actually get some sort of sadistic satisfaction out of killing the whales. I know at least the Norwegians and Icelandics have quite a bit of respect for them. I am very against commercial and "scientific" whaling as well as whaling which is done because the people involved accuse the cetaceans of "eating too many fish", I completely disagree with the practice for many reasons. I also believe that insulting, belittling, harassing, and stereotyping people is no way to bring about change. Hating the people won't help the animals.

Edited by Tucuxi

It's so simple NUKE JAPAN

Well, there goes any last vestige of respect I have for YOU. That's a terrible thing to say. You should be ashamed of yourself.

It's so simple NUKE JAPAN

I think you should change your name to Hitler.