Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Mind Control. It's been here the whole time.

mind control illuminati quantum entanglement tempest

• Please log in to reply
422 replies to this topic

#271    prometheuslocke

prometheuslocke

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

View Postscowl, on 23 March 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

"I have no evidence" is the strongest possible reason to believe something isn't true. If I told you that I know absolutely that there are Martians living in my garage, would you simply accept this as fact unconditionally? If you didn't, would you assume that some form of mind control is preventing you from accepting my statement as true?

I told you my reason for not believing you. You vehemently disagree is proof to me that you are unable to comprehend logic.

That's what all mind control conspiracy fans say when the burden of proof is on them. They have no evidence, no test way to test their theory, and absolutely nothing to support their belief other than their words.

You have no place to choose where the "burden of proof" is.  This is not a court, its a discussion.  Deciding that I must prove my point, while you sit back and watch, is a cop out.  That's why I don't want to discuss it with you.

#272    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,864 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:27 AM

View Postprometheuslocke, on 24 March 2013 - 12:23 AM, said:

You have no place to choose where the "burden of proof" is.  This is not a court, its a discussion.  Deciding that I must prove my point, while you sit back and watch, is a cop out.  That's why I don't want to discuss it with you.

So, umm, your considered reply is "Nanny-nanny-boo-boo, I don't have to prove anything to you, cause I don't want to?" If you can't be bothered to prove your (I'll speak euphemistically here) rather outre theories, why on Earth should anyone waste time listening to you?

--Jayle"The Daleks are totes real cuz I says so"Murph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#273    prometheuslocke

prometheuslocke

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

View Postjaylemurph, on 24 March 2013 - 12:27 AM, said:

So, umm, your considered reply is "Nanny-nanny-boo-boo, I don't have to prove anything to you, cause I don't want to?" If you can't be bothered to prove your (I'll speak euphemistically here) rather outre theories, why on Earth should anyone waste time listening to you?

--Jayle"The Daleks are totes real cuz I says so"Murph

I asked him a question, he declined to answer, and said "the burden of proof is on you."

Then in his next comment, he decided to say that he's been "arguing" just fine.  Your response to me would be more intelligently directed at him.  A

kmt_sesh:   Unfortunately, on much of this taking my word for it is exactly what I am looking for.  I am a victim, a member of a large group of victims.  I've found evidence of what I am a victim of in many historical and religious stories, but in order to see it, you really need to take at face value what I have witnessed first hand.  I understand that that is difficult to do, but it's apparently much more difficult to see the things I see without taking as fact that the technology exists.

Edited by prometheuslocke, 24 March 2013 - 12:45 AM.

#274    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:10 AM

View Postprometheuslocke, on 24 March 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

I asked him a question, he declined to answer, and said "the burden of proof is on you."

I did answer. You rejected my answer and then claimed my answer was in fact evidence of your conspiracy. Then you declared the discussion ended.

The person who submits a theory has the burden of proof. I can claim that Martians are living in my garage. Why should anyone believe me unless I have evidence to back my claim? Surely you can understand this!

#275    prometheuslocke

prometheuslocke

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

You all seem to be my biggest critics, what do you think of this?

@scowl: I asked you for a reason, and you said you didn't "have to provide one."  Tell the Martians I said hi.

Edited by prometheuslocke, 24 March 2013 - 03:53 AM.

#276    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,178 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

View Postprometheuslocke, on 24 March 2013 - 12:18 AM, said:

I'm fairly certain I am more well versed on Egyptian mythology than you.
If that is true, then you won't mind relating to us ignorant folks here at UM the Horus myth being depicted in the Greek carvings at Dendera.  You can start by telling us which figure is Horus.

There is no reason to believe that there is no hidden meaning in the reliefs, however my interpretation is "obvious."
Obvious to people that have no knowledge of Ancient Egypt.

There is no reason to believe that there is no hidden meaning in your post, either.  In fact, there is one that I can discern immediately.  It is that you have no idea what you're talking about and have realized that not only are you in way over your head, but that you have had this pointed out to you by me.

These are people that told stories with pictures, why don't you look at them and think about it, rather than relying on someone else's opinion.
Sorry, but there's that ignorance again.  See, the story is actually told with words, right there on the walls next to the reliefs.

Honestly, if everyone did that we'd have a significant portion of this forum thinking they had incandescent lightbulbs.  Oh wait, we probably do.

More hidden meanings from you in that line: "I measure my own intellect using the 'how many people at U-M think like me' yardstick."

Harte

Edited by Harte, 25 March 2013 - 03:12 AM.

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#277    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,178 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

View Postprometheuslocke, on 24 March 2013 - 12:22 AM, said:

"I occasionally think, how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask is not an alien force already among us?"

Ronald Reagan

Full quote
"And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us? What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?"

Quote mining?  I guess the overlords controlling your every action made you do it.

Context - it's not a Texas power company.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#278    prometheuslocke

prometheuslocke

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostHarte, on 25 March 2013 - 03:02 AM, said:

If that is true, then you won't mind relating to us ignorant folks here at UM the Horus myth being depicted in the Greek carvings at Dendera.  You can start by telling us which figure is Horus.

They weren't Greek...  at this point you should probably stop pretending you are an authority, or even mildly learned in Egyptian history and mythology.  Thanks.

I gave you some of my writing on Horus, who by the way is not depicted in the reliefs I've discussed... at all.

There is no reason to believe that there is no hidden meaning in your post, either.  In fact, there is one that I can discern immediately.  It is that you have no idea what you're talking about and have realized that not only are you in way over your head, but that you have had this pointed out to you by me.

Right back at you.

Edited by prometheuslocke, 25 March 2013 - 03:29 PM.

#279    prometheuslocke

prometheuslocke

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

View PostHarte, on 25 March 2013 - 03:09 AM, said:

Full quote
"And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us? What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?"

Quote mining?  I guess the overlords controlling your every action made you do it.

Context - it's not a Texas power company.

Harte

Right back at you... the quote is pervasive, and you left out the commentary, which is repeated everywhere "The President now tries to retreat from the last bold statement"

Reagan had a long history of both dreams and speeches about an ET alien influence.  If one of us is taking him out of context by referencing the "threat of war" (which by the way is anything but alien), it's you.

In addition, you have repeated the same wonderfully counterproductive tactic that you and your friends have done over and over in this thread. You completely ignore two quotes, and then pick at the third, despite being wrong about it, and think you have won the argument.  Good job.

Seriously, open your eyes.

Edited by prometheuslocke, 25 March 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#280    prometheuslocke

prometheuslocke

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

View Postscowl, on 22 March 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

I already did. My mind functions independently. I can think whatever I want. Nothing is stopping or controlling my mind other than me.

I can't evaluate the mental abilities for all of society. You can't either.

I can tell you that there is no plausible method of the mind control you're describing and since you have no evidence to dispute that, your theory is unfounded.

Your reason is not a reason, it's called denial.

Your second statement, is an unfounded opinion, which has been disproven time and time again, by science, literature, and history.

This is what I call a "refusal to answer."

Edited by prometheuslocke, 25 March 2013 - 03:33 PM.

#281    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

View Postprometheuslocke, on 25 March 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

They weren't Greek...  at this point you should probably stop pretending you are an authority, or even mildly learned in Egyptian history and mythology.  Thanks.

At a rather isolated place at the edge of the desert, about 2.5 km south-west of the modern town, lies what Dendera is famous for, a mostly Greco-Roman temple complex known in ancient Egyptian as Iunet or Tantere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendera

#282    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

View Postprometheuslocke, on 24 March 2013 - 03:53 AM, said:

@scowl: I asked you for a reason, and you said you didn't "have to provide one."  Tell the Martians I said hi.

No, I said that my mind demonstrates no effects of external control in any way that you describe. You said that you could prove to me that it was being controlled externally.

Then you said you didn't want to talk about it any more.

#283    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

View Postprometheuslocke, on 25 March 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

This is what I call a "refusal to answer."

Oddly, you were the one who said you didn't want to talk about it any more.

#284    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,639 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

View Postprometheuslocke, on 25 March 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

I gave you some of my writing on Horus, who by the way is not depicted in the reliefs I've discussed... at all.

[/size]

Right back at you.

Those who were in power, the Ptolemies, were Egyptianized Greeks who put their own spin on the mythology of the native Egyptian population. And since Resomtus and Harsomtus are two variants of Horus as a child, much like the combination "Re-Horakhte" as the solar deity, your spin on the Dendera writings is meaningless.

As to Reagans quote, he was trying to make a point which obviously escapes you. The point being the humanity doesn't need an outside influence (ET's) as a wedge to force us apart when we already have wars and the threat of wars that do that quite well already. In short, he was saying that we are our own worst enemy.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#285    prometheuslocke

prometheuslocke

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 25 March 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

At a rather isolated place at the edge of the desert, about 2.5 km south-west of the modern town, lies what Dendera is famous for, a mostly Greco-Roman temple complex known in ancient Egyptian as Iunet or Tantere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendera

The all overshadowing building in the Complex is the main temple, namely Hathor temple (historically, called the Temple of Tentyra). The temple has been modified on the same site starting as far back as the Middle Kingdom

If you are at all familiar with Egyptian and Roman art, they are decidedly Egyptian reliefs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users