Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

One God (Islam) or Trinity (Christianity)

muslim

Trinity?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXz_oYJJlg0...ted&search=

Do Muslims Believe in Jesus Christ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSyXkmRVs3E...ted&search=

Bible Test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCvZsySqPZY...ted&search=

Was Islam spread by the Sword?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIMUoFPOk4Y...ted&search=

The World Is Flat According to the Bible !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_0cnEYa3ko...ted&search=

And 2 end this topic i quote the holly Quran

"...Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs." 4:171

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hetrodoxly

• odas

• zandore

• seanph

quite a primitive understanding of the trinity, both for the woman who asked the question and the man answering.

Interesting muslim,

But let me ask you a couple of questions:

1. Would you believe what a Christian said about the errors and hateful speech in the Quran?

2. If a Christian pointed out that Muhammed was a known criminal in his time would you accept that?

Why or why not?

As to the Bible Test, I'm sure the Christians who were at this conference that was taped only to show the Muslim speakers probably quickly pointed out that the scripture was not originally broken into verses. (There is still discussion about that in the Christian community) 2 Timothy 3:16 says "All Scripture...." It does not say every individual verse or word in itself. It says Scripture. If you take each letter or book as a whole it is "...for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

About the flat Earth error in the Bible: I am sure the Christians who responded, but were not filmed explained that in the Book of Daniel, Daniel was talking about a DREAM. Do your dreams make sense in the light of the real world? The dream was prophetic and God used all the allegory that is present in even our dreams to show Daniel something.

In Luke 4:5 it says that the devil took him up to a "high place" it doesn't say mountain and "in an instant showed him all the kingdoms of the earth." It sounds more like the devil took Jesus to a great height and flew him around the Earth. You can do that from the "high place" in Earth orbit.

Job 26:7

7 He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing.

"It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE*

of the earth, and the inhabitants

thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the

heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent

to dwell in." --Isaiah 40:22

Now, we keep hearing how the Islam is a religion of peace taking it's name from a word that means peace, right? So what do these verses mean?

Quran:

1 Don't bother to warn the disbelievers. Allah has blinded them. Theirs will be an awful doom. 2:6

2 Kill disbelievers wherever you find them. If they attack you, then kill them. Such is the reward of disbelievers. (But if they desist in their unbelief, then don't kill them.) 2:191-2

3 War is ordained by Allah, and all Muslims must be willing to fight, whether they like it or not. 2:216

4 If the unbelievers do not offer you peace, kill them wherever you find them. Against such you are given clear warrant. 4:91

5 Fight disbelievers who are near you, and let them see the harshness in you. 9:123

I'm sure they are taken out of context. Please explain the context.

Edited by IamsSon

Quran:

2 Kill disbelievers wherever you find them. If they attack you, then . Such is the reward of disbelievers. (But if they desist in their unbelief, then don't .) 2:191-2

Exodus 22:20

He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed.

3 War is ordained by Allah, and all Muslims must be willing to fight, whether they like it or not. 2:216

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

contradictions in the Bible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjP3vkqeiqM...ted&search=

yes indeed inshala i will (God willing) . add me on obo_s3ood@hotmail.com and well talk on msn and ill explain further more to u or if u want you can just get all your questions about Islam and berses and so on and email them 2 me and ill answer every single thing and show u u were mistaken.. and most importantly Jamson most non Muslims do not know the fact that for the Holly Quran there is something called "tafseer". This "tafseer" or interpretation was written down at the same time that the Quran was which explained all the verses WITH there history. You see there are many verses in the Quran which only apply to the time they were revaled upon Mohammed (which many non Muslims dont know). With this tafseer, you have the history of the verses. What was going on at the time that these verses were revaled and so on.

for now heres a video wwhich most likely will have answers 2 most of ur questions :

http://www.watchislam.com/videos/video.php?vid=77

and here is another called "does Islam = terrorism>"

http://www.watchislam.com/videos/video.php?vid=13

and heres another on Islam and Terrorism

http://www.watchislam.com/videos/video.php?vid=44

God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)

The Prophet Muhammad used to prohibit soldiers from killing women and children,1 and he would advise them: {...Do not betray, do not be excessive, do not kill a newborn child.}2 And he also said: {Whoever has killed a person having a treaty with the Muslims shall not smell the fragrance of Paradise, though its fragrance is found for a span of forty years.}3

Also, the Prophet Muhammad has forbidden punishment with fire.4

He once listed murder as the second of the major sins,5 and he even warned that on the Day of Judgment, {The first cases to be adjudicated between people on the Day of Judgment will be those of bloodshed.6}7

Muslims are even encouraged to be kind to animals and are forbidden to hurt them. Once the Prophet Muhammad said: {A woman was punished because she imprisoned a cat until it died. On account of this, she was doomed to Hell. While she imprisoned it, she did not give the cat food or drink, nor did she free it to eat the insects of the earth.}8

He also said that a man gave a very thirsty dog a drink, so God forgave his sins for this action. The Prophet was asked, “Messenger of God, are we rewarded for kindness towards animals?” He said: {There is a reward for kindness to every living animal or human.}9

Additionally, while taking the life of an animal for food, Muslims are commanded to do so in a manner that causes the least amount of fright and suffering possible. The Prophet Muhammad said: {When you slaughter an animal, do so in the best way. One should sharpen his knife to reduce the suffering of the animal.}10

In light of these and other Islamic texts, the act of inciting terror in the hearts of defenseless civilians, the wholesale destruction of buildings and properties, the bombing and maiming of innocent men, women, and children are all forbidden and detestable acts according to Islam and the Muslims. Muslims follow a religion of peace, mercy, and forgiveness, and the vast majority have nothing to do with the violent events some have associated with Muslims. If an individual Muslim were to commit an act of terrorism, this person would be guilty of violating the laws of Islam.

"...If anyone killed a person not in retaliation for murder or to spread mischief in the land, it would be as if he killed the whole of mankind. And (likewise) if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the whole of mankind"

(Surah Al-Maaida 5:32)

I've only had a chance to look at the first video you've provided. I was hoping that there'd be a Chrsitian's perspective after that. A Christian who could stand up and offer counter-testimony and put their side of the story forward. As it was, there was the Muslim who stood up, said his peace, received thunderous applause, then the video ended. It reminds me of a Chrsitian conference where the arch-bishop might stand up and give a similar speech, receive thunderous applause from the audience. The first to speak always sounds right, until his adversary stands up to argue.

That said, while being the closest to scientific explanation for the Trinity (that I've found), the water/steam/ice metaphor still lacks. This would imply that God simply morphs itself into whatever form best fits the scenario, which is not the case, since all three parts exist simultaneously together, yet simultaneously separate. There is simply no way to completely describe the concept of the 3-in-1 God in human terms.

Regards, PA

God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)

The Prophet Muhammad used to prohibit soldiers from killing women and children,1 and he would advise them: {...Do not betray, do not be excessive, do not kill a newborn child.}2 And he also said: {Whoever has killed a person having a treaty with the Muslims shall not smell the fragrance of Paradise, though its fragrance is found for a span of forty years.}3

Also, the Prophet Muhammad has forbidden punishment with fire.4

He once listed murder as the second of the major sins,5 and he even warned that on the Day of Judgment, {The first cases to be adjudicated between people on the Day of Judgment will be those of bloodshed.6}7

Muslims are even encouraged to be kind to animals and are forbidden to hurt them. Once the Prophet Muhammad said: {A woman was punished because she imprisoned a cat until it died. On account of this, she was doomed to Hell. While she imprisoned it, she did not give the cat food or drink, nor did she free it to eat the insects of the earth.}8

He also said that a man gave a very thirsty dog a drink, so God forgave his sins for this action. The Prophet was asked, “Messenger of God, are we rewarded for kindness towards animals?” He said: {There is a reward for kindness to every living animal or human.}9

Additionally, while taking the life of an animal for food, Muslims are commanded to do so in a manner that causes the least amount of fright and suffering possible. The Prophet Muhammad said: {When you slaughter an animal, do so in the best way. One should sharpen his knife to reduce the suffering of the animal.}10

In light of these and other Islamic texts, the act of inciting terror in the hearts of defenseless civilians, the wholesale destruction of buildings and properties, the bombing and maiming of innocent men, women, and children are all forbidden and detestable acts according to Islam and the Muslims. Muslims follow a religion of peace, mercy, and forgiveness, and the vast majority have nothing to do with the violent events some have associated with Muslims. If an individual Muslim were to commit an act of terrorism, this person would be guilty of violating the laws of Islam.

"...If anyone killed a person not in retaliation for murder or to spread mischief in the land, it would be as if he killed the whole of mankind. And (likewise) if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the whole of mankind"

(Surah Al-Maaida 5:32)

So, does the Muslim Community condemn Hezbollah for the rocket attacks on Israel? Does Islam condemn the suicide bombers that blow up buses full of Israeli school kids?

I may not be listening to the proper newscasts, but it seems that at best the Muslim community is very quiet on this subject and at worst it's extremely supportive of it.

As a Christian, I condemn all the horrible atrocities that have been committed by people claiming to do it in God's name. When I speak to Muslims about this, I never get a straight answer. There is no, "Yes, absolutely I condemn these acts." The best I have gotten is, "These people do not represent true Islam," but when I attempt to get a more decisive answer, I don't get anywhere. Why?

Edited by IamsSon

Didnt mohamamad marry a 9 or 12 yr old girl, umm thats almost like perverted rape, i also know mo said that he would ressurect after his death, the only thing that came out of that where maggots outa his body.

I wish all religions and their peoples would agree that they all could be wrong(wishful thinking :hmm: ), and that quibbling over insignificant details such as this does nothing to provide hope and peace for the individual believer. All it does is spawn arguments and hatred towards any differing view, when no one has a clue what the ultimate truth is, NO ONE. To constantly bicker over words in books written by men is asinine.

I wish all religions and their peoples would agree that they all could be wrong(wishful thinking :hmm: ), and that quibbling over insignificant details such as this does nothing to provide hope and peace for the individual believer. All it does is spawn arguments and hatred towards any differing view, when no one has a clue what the ultimate truth is, NO ONE. To constantly bicker over words in books written by men is asinine.

I wish I could have as much cholocate cake as I want and not gain weight, but that's not going to happen either, until the Millenial reign of Christ.

Muslim, here you are, back again, making bold claims. Why? You screamed and ran the last time you were bombarded with questions. I'm still waiting for an answer here:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...p;#entry1256916

Going to cut and run again?!

Sean

And when will that be?

Second Tuesday of next week.

I wish I could have as much chocolate cake as I want and not gain weight, but that's not going to happen either, until the Millennial reign of Christ.

Really!? Then bring on the second-coming, followed by an Olympic pool full of cheesecake! I'll dive right in and munch my way to the deep end. :devil: (A blessing of blueberry topping or chocolate whipped cream here and there would be mucho appreciated-o, as well. *Looks at hips as they say:* "Noooooo!"

Must be atheists. :innocent:

Get 'em sean! :lol:

Let's see, how many questions can I answer without watching the videos.

Trinity?

Nope, not for Islam. Allah's ego is bigger than Oprah's a$$, absolutely no room for anyone else.

Do Muslims believe in Jesus Christ?

As a prophet. They also believe some pretty goofy stuff about his momma.

Bible Test

I have no idea what this means. Maybe something about which is the best way to get a Muslim to come to their senses: hitting them about the head and shoulders with a Bible or braining them with a history book?

Yup.

Oh wait, all those people were just magically struck down by Allah. My bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquests

Insanity is OK by Allah ! Here's a bomb, the 73 1/8th virgins are waiting for you !

:rolleyes:

I don't know how many times this guy can get ripped, but I would sure like to watch. He's not here to create discussion he is here to preach. Most of the explanations I have heard from Muslims having to do with aspects of their religion sound like some desert tribesman explaining trying to explain things they don't understand. Could it be that Islam really is just Arabian mythology mixed with whispers of Christianity and Judaism?

Mohammed was a merchant, he had to heard of Christianity and Judaism, heard missionaries and rabbis. Could it be that he saw the growth of Christianity and was struck with a little twinge of jealousy at people that seemed to live free and happy while old Mo huddled with his wives goats? Could it be that he went out in the desert one day and was struck by an epiphany? He wouldn't join the Christians, he would start his own church! Sunbaked and hallucinating more than a little, he staggered back into town and began preaching a mixture of remembered Christian sermons and the mythology he learned at his Daddy's knee. And lunacy was born.

I'm not trying to be facetious. I honestly think that was the motivation for the creation of Islam. Mo was looking to give his people a religious identity. The Jews had their Judaism, the Mediterranean people had Christianity and the Arabians had...a lose conglomeration of gods, djinn and spirits. As a merchant he would have had more than enough contact with Jews ans Christians to gain enough knowledge of their belief to have a basis for his new religion: Islam, the worship of the goddess Allāt.

Whoops, did I say all that out loud?

I wish I could have as much cholocate cake as I want and not gain weight, but that's not going to happen either, until the Millenial reign of Christ.

Unfortunately for all those of you who may have been slobbering over the rooms full of goodies you will scarf down during the Millenial reign, I really wrote that sentence very sloppily. :(

What I should have said is that I expect that religious based warfare and strife will not end until everyone sees Jesus reigning.

I apologize for raising everyone hopes. :(

Get 'em sean! :lol:

Let's see, how many questions can I answer without watching the videos.

Trinity?

Nope, not for Islam. Allah's ego is bigger than Oprah's a$$, absolutely no room for anyone else.

Do Muslims believe in Jesus Christ?

As a prophet. They also believe some pretty goofy stuff about his momma.

Bible Test

I have no idea what this means. Maybe something about which is the best way to get a Muslim to come to their senses: hitting them about the head and shoulders with a Bible or braining them with a history book?

Yup.

Oh wait, all those people were just magically struck down by Allah. My bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquests

Insanity is OK by Allah ! Here's a bomb, the 73 1/8th virgins are waiting for you !

:rolleyes:

I don't know how many times this guy can get ripped, but I would sure like to watch. He's not here to create discussion he is here to preach. Most of the explanations I have heard from Muslims having to do with aspects of their religion sound like some desert tribesman explaining trying to explain things they don't understand. Could it be that Islam really is just Arabian mythology mixed with whispers of Christianity and Judaism?

Mohammed was a merchant, he had to heard of Christianity and Judaism, heard missionaries and rabbis. Could it be that he saw the growth of Christianity and was struck with a little twinge of jealousy at people that seemed to live free and happy while old Mo huddled with his wives goats? Could it be that he went out in the desert one day and was struck by an epiphany? He wouldn't join the Christians, he would start his own church! Sunbaked and hallucinating more than a little, he staggered back into town and began preaching a mixture of remembered Christian sermons and the mythology he learned at his Daddy's knee. And lunacy was born.

I'm not trying to be facetious. I honestly think that was the motivation for the creation of Islam. Mo was looking to give his people a religious identity. The Jews had their Judaism, the Mediterranean people had Christianity and the Arabians had...a lose conglomeration of gods, djinn and spirits. As a merchant he would have had more than enough contact with Jews ans Christians to gain enough knowledge of their belief to have a basis for his new religion: Islam, the worship of the goddess Allāt.

Whoops, did I say all that out loud?

Hey, Never_Hit_Nirvana, I'm a Christian and I am questioning what Muslim is saying, but I really don't appreciate the unecessarily insulting way in which you have approached this thread. Go ahead and question his beliefs, post your beliefs/opinions, and/or point out whatever fallacies you see, but do it without being insulting.

Didnt mohamamad marry a 9 or 12 yr old girl, umm thats almost like perverted rape,

You know DK.....I agree 100% :tu:

Did you know the Christian Bible has an......incidence where there are several thousand cases of this "perverted" behavior.

Well Muslim,

Probably not the best time to post such a controversial thread given the state of the UK's security right now, MI5 saying an attack is imminent etc (great eh?).... don't think your words are going to fall on many sympathetic ears.... especially not mine given that i work in Central London and we're all waiting for the next explosion....so quit with that bull!!!!

Troublemaking pumper!!! See you've done a runner anyway .... good move!!

Well said NIH! :yes: Muslim needs a little shot across the bow after his poor behavior the last time around. Muslim came here, posted all of his bold claims that his religion was the one true religion etc., and when tough questions were asked, he got VERY upset and ran for it.

If you're going to make an argument for something--particularly in a forum such as this--be prepared to defend it. I certainly do--even though I know full-well that I'm going to take shots from all sides.

Sean

Amen S23! :clap::yes::tsu:

Amen S23! :clap::yes::tsu:

Sorry if I seem to be getting a bit heated, but I do get fired up when it comes to this!!!! I stand by everything I said tho, as un-pc as it may be. :)

Alright people, back away if the subject of Muslim faith is getting you hot under the collar.

Your free to your own opinions, but please keep things civil.... This is a place that is here for friendly discussions about faith.. rather then bashing someone who follows a certain faith...