Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

US guns sales soar after Obama's re-election

gun sales barack obama

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#16    ohio_traveler

ohio_traveler

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 12 November 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

You don`t really think it will come to that do you..... If so you are going to need much more than you already have ;)  The US will get through the next 4 yrs just fine. If not use your guns on the wealthy and take back what they have taken from you, a democracy.

I think it's definitely a possiblity. Some people may call it being paranoid. I just call it being prepared.

Sure, there's a good chance I and my family would be overrun anyway.  But I plan on giving them a heck of a fight.

#17    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,615 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 12 November 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

Why would you want one?
why explain? you would not understand anyway

RESIDENT TROLL.

#18    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,262 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

Eh, bought my newest gun just prior to the election.

The purchase had nothing to do with any election.  Had to do with a good price.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#19    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,295 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

View PostClyde the Glyde, on 12 November 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

I think it's definitely a possiblity. Some people may call it being paranoid. I just call it being prepared.

Sure, there's a good chance I and my family would be overrun anyway.  But I plan on giving them a heck of a fight.

I like ya Clyde and for what its worth I don`t think you will ever have to use your guns on people or a government.  Right now the US is going through a flight or fight thing.  This crap will sort itself out and then there will be a time to take charge. Obama is doing that for you or at least giving you a chance. He`s taxing those that control him. The wealthy need to pay there fair share and stop acting as they are better then everyone.

The tax on the wealthy or super wealthy is saving them from gun owners that will go after them first. When times become desperate the poor will not only go after the poor. The wealthy will be targets first. Better to pay a bit more vs paying for private protection.  If the rich don`t think they need to pay then they better expect to pay in a much more dramatic way.

Another civil war between classes

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#20    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,208 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 12 November 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

Nibs

yeh, smart people knew that the special offers would be over once Obama won :devil:

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#21    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,295 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 12 November 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

Nibs

You crazy lib you lol

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#22    F3SS

F3SS

Telekinetic

• 7,214 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 12 November 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

I like ya Clyde and for what its worth I don`t think you will ever have to use your guns on people or a government.  Right now the US is going through a flight or fight thing.  This crap will sort itself out and then there will be a time to take charge. Obama is doing that for you or at least giving you a chance. He`s taxing those that control him. The wealthy need to pay there fair share and stop acting as they are better then everyone.

The tax on the wealthy or super wealthy is saving them from gun owners that will go after them first. When times become desperate the poor will not only go after the poor. The wealthy will be targets first. Better to pay a bit more vs paying for private protection.  If the rich don`t think they need to pay then they better expect to pay in a much more dramatic way.

Can you or anybody please explain the purpose of higher taxes? Even if extra revenues are raised the extra money won't go towards the debt. Even if it did it wouldn't make so much as a dent. The government has sufficient revenues to run this country properly but they don't have the will to spend it properly. Any extra revenues will just be wasted on things that cost twice as much as they have to spend and will only add to the debt. They aren't responsible nor do they care to be. If raising taxes had any positive effect I wouldnt complain. The only effect I see is to make those with less just feel better. Obama and guys like you love to preach the fair share but never follow up with a why. Is fairness really the end game?

Posted Image

#23    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

yeh, smart people knew that the special offers would be over once Obama won

the sales at our local Dick's and Gander Mountain sporting good stores seem to run contrary to this story. There are big gun sales going on right now. I suspect, as usual, that this latest bit of "news" is nothing more than infotainment horseshit.

#24    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,208 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

View PostNeognosis, on 12 November 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

the sales at our local Dick's and Gander Mountain sporting good stores seem to run contrary to this story. There are big gun sales going on right now. I suspect, as usual, that this latest bit of "news" is nothing more than infotainment horseshit.

Depends on the State, in blue states/regions the gun sales are not as high up as in red states, and within the red states they are up mostly there where most uninformed live.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#25    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,067 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

Fools and their money are soon parted. Think of the millions spent on the election.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#26    F3SS

F3SS

Telekinetic

• 7,214 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

Guess that means your party thinks of American citizens as fools the way they try to separate every dollar they can from everybody they can. At least buying a gun is a choice.

Posted Image

#27    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 11,653 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:20 AM

View Postregeneratia, on 12 November 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

I want a gun. I want to protect my family from an exteremly rabid government.
How exactly is having a gun going to do that?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#28    F3SS

F3SS

Telekinetic

• 7,214 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 13 November 2012 - 03:20 AM, said:

How exactly is having a gun going to do that?
His reasons may differ but I think it has more to do with peace of mind than actually believing a rabid government vs your Smith & Wesson is going to go your way these days but it is our right and until that right is taken away you don't really have to have an explanation.
The peace of mind is psychological and a point of pride. It could give you and your family a sense of security which is important to the human psyche even if petty and if people are coming to get you and family, no matter the scenario but let's assume not friendly, what better legal means are there to at least attempt to protect yourself? A gun is your only chance even if you still stand no chance. It's either that or you submit.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-, 13 November 2012 - 05:05 AM.

Posted Image

#29    ohio_traveler

ohio_traveler

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 12 November 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

Thanks dude. You seem like a very level-headed person. I personally don't want to see taxes raised on anyone until every loophole and spending cut that can possibly be made is made.  Make tax increases the final thing. Because then, everyone can be assured that every loophole and spending cut has been made. Just make it an equal playing field is all. No special treatments ( rich or poor ).

And I don't really worry about  the government coming after guns. My concern is mainly for protection against criminal and thugs. There is a real possibility of this 16+ Trillion Dollar debt getting much worse and crashing the dollar. Then comes chaos, rioting, and then the possibility of people with bad intentions making their way to where I live.

#30    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,897 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

View PostShadowBoy86x, on 12 November 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

I wish a could buy one, but Canadians are only allowed sticks and stones

You can get one...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users