Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Looper Movie

LucidElement

*SPOILER*

I dont understand in the movie, they dont tell you how their is an older Bruce Willis and a younger Josepher (The main character).. of course, all supposed to be one person, one old, one young.. So they send bruce back in time to get killed by the main character... then the main character lives for 30 years with his gold fortune, then after 30 years they kill him? or send him back in time?? So is it just a continual circle?? Also, how is their an older version and younger version..

Lol, unless I just understood my question while i was typing that.... They send bruce willis back in time (his olderself) the younger self kills him...then the younger self grows 30 years older, then they send him back in time, and their is a younger self of the NOW NEW older self? if that makes any sense?? im just trying to figure out how their is two of the same person... It had to start somewhere... you just cant automatically have two individuals of the same person lol?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LucidElement

• Drayno

• buckskin scout

• pitchp

I'm going to watch the movie for you. Hopefully by then I can explain the movie more clearly :D

• Like 1

It sounds a bit contorted - like John Connor sending a soldier back in time to become his father.... the Terminator never explained who the baby daddy was :w00t:

I have yet saw the movie, but will rent it on DVD (if there's a DVR version available) and hopefully enjoys the feature presentation.

*SPOILER*

I dont understand in the movie, they dont tell you how their is an older Bruce Willis and a younger Josepher (The main character).. of course, all supposed to be one person, one old, one young.. So they send bruce back in time to get killed by the main character... then the main character lives for 30 years with his gold fortune, then after 30 years they kill him? or send him back in time?? So is it just a continual circle?? Also, how is their an older version and younger version..

Lol, unless I just understood my question while i was typing that.... They send bruce willis back in time (his olderself) the younger self kills him...then the younger self grows 30 years older, then they send him back in time, and their is a younger self of the NOW NEW older self? if that makes any sense?? im just trying to figure out how their is two of the same person... It had to start somewhere... you just cant automatically have two individuals of the same person lol?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looper_(film)#Plot

When time travel is involved in any situation, time stops moving forward for those involved and they fall into a continuous loop. Hence the title of the movie.

I love the Movie, and I thought the problem occured when Bruce Willis gets sent back in time, Joseph sees that its his older self so he then Knows that in the future there going to send him back to kill himself. Basically like taking himself out of the equation, but the problem occures when Joseph didnt kill himself so then the mob was gunning for both of them

Im just lost on how someone can continually be living.. LIke Joseph older self (bruce willis) how is he walking around in the future.. and a younger Joseph (main character) is walking around in present time.... they dont explain how bruce willis came to be.. i know he's an older Joseph, but looking at that scenario, bruce willis would die eventually, josephwould get older.. then what?? then their is another joseph?? its hard to explain, i wish someone understood lol. its tough to explain

Im just lost on how someone can continually be living.. LIke Joseph older self (bruce willis) how is he walking around in the future.. and a younger Joseph (main character) is walking around in present time.... they dont explain how bruce willis came to be.. i know he's an older Joseph, but looking at that scenario, bruce willis would die eventually, josephwould get older.. then what?? then their is another joseph?? its hard to explain, i wish someone understood lol. its tough to explain

They are simply going to die in the younger Joseph's time. The older Joseph altered the younger Joseph's future with not only going back in time but also with his actions too.

When it shows Joseph Gordon Levitt going to China it shows the divergence of the time lines. Because that's how Bruce Willis came to be.

You figured it out in your first post.

Bruce Willis already killed his older self when he was young, then he goes to China. This is shown when Josh Gordon Levitt kills his older self when the bag is on his head. When he takes off the bag and realizes he killed his older self, he's in a state of shock. That version of the character becomes Bruce Willis. That's why when Bruce Willis comes back voluntarily, he doesn't have the bag on his head - because he'll shock the younger version of himself and have a chance to take him out.