Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Looper Movie

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,652 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

*SPOILER*

I dont understand in the movie, they dont tell you how their is an older Bruce Willis and a younger Josepher (The main character).. of course, all supposed to be one person, one old, one young.. So they send bruce back in time to get killed by the main character... then the main character lives for 30 years with his gold fortune, then after 30 years they kill him? or send him back in time?? So is it just a continual circle?? Also, how is their an older version and younger version..

Lol, unless I just understood my question while i was typing that.... They send bruce willis back in time (his olderself) the younger self kills him...then the younger self grows 30 years older, then they send him back in time, and their is a younger self of the NOW NEW older self? if that makes any sense?? im just trying to figure out how their is two of the same person... It had to start somewhere... you just cant automatically have two individuals of the same person lol?

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

#2    pitchp

pitchp

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

• "I go when I want to go. To prolong life would be tasteless"
    Albert Einstein

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

I'm going to watch the movie for you. Hopefully by then I can explain the movie more clearly :D

"The truth is out there. We are all searching for it."
   PitchP

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,755 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

It sounds a bit contorted - like John Connor sending a soldier back in time to become his father.... the Terminator never explained who the baby daddy was  :w00t:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#4    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,648 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

I have yet saw the movie, but will rent it on DVD (if there's a DVR version available) and hopefully enjoys the feature presentation.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#5    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,758 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

View PostLucidElement, on 06 January 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

*SPOILER*

I dont understand in the movie, they dont tell you how their is an older Bruce Willis and a younger Josepher (The main character).. of course, all supposed to be one person, one old, one young.. So they send bruce back in time to get killed by the main character... then the main character lives for 30 years with his gold fortune, then after 30 years they kill him? or send him back in time?? So is it just a continual circle?? Also, how is their an older version and younger version..

Lol, unless I just understood my question while i was typing that.... They send bruce willis back in time (his olderself) the younger self kills him...then the younger self grows 30 years older, then they send him back in time, and their is a younger self of the NOW NEW older self? if that makes any sense?? im just trying to figure out how their is two of the same person... It had to start somewhere... you just cant automatically have two individuals of the same person lol?

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Looper_(film)#Plot

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#6    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,353 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

When time travel is involved in any situation, time stops moving forward for those involved and they fall into a continuous loop. Hence the title of the movie.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#7    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

I love the Movie, and I thought the problem occured when Bruce Willis gets sent back in time, Joseph sees that its his older self so he then Knows that in the future there going to send him back to kill himself. Basically like taking himself out of the equation, but the problem occures when Joseph didnt kill himself so then the mob was gunning for both of them

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#8    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,652 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

Im just lost on how someone can continually be living.. LIke Joseph older self (bruce willis) how is he walking around in the future.. and a younger Joseph (main character) is walking around in present time.... they dont explain how bruce willis came to be.. i know he's an older Joseph, but looking at that scenario, bruce willis would die eventually, josephwould get older.. then what?? then their is another joseph?? its hard to explain, i wish someone understood lol. its tough to explain

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

#9    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

View PostLucidElement, on 09 January 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

Im just lost on how someone can continually be living.. LIke Joseph older self (bruce willis) how is he walking around in the future.. and a younger Joseph (main character) is walking around in present time.... they dont explain how bruce willis came to be.. i know he's an older Joseph, but looking at that scenario, bruce willis would die eventually, josephwould get older.. then what?? then their is another joseph?? its hard to explain, i wish someone understood lol. its tough to explain

They are simply going to die in the younger Joseph's time. The older Joseph altered the younger Joseph's future with not only going back in time but also with his actions too.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#10    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,881 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:37 AM

View PostLucidElement, on 09 January 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

When it shows Joseph Gordon Levitt going to China it shows the divergence of the time lines. Because that's how Bruce Willis came to be.

You figured it out in your first post.

Bruce Willis already killed his older self when he was young, then he goes to China. This is shown when Josh Gordon Levitt kills his older self when the bag is on his head. When he takes off the bag and realizes he killed his older self, he's in a state of shock. That version of the character becomes Bruce Willis. That's why when Bruce Willis comes back voluntarily, he doesn't have the bag on his head - because he'll shock the younger version of himself and have a chance to take him out.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users