Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 28 votes

Resident Evil

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10257 replies to this topic

#10231    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 08:49 AM

Fair. The Tricell involvement was interesting. It did take place before 5 right?
I just found it too be so silly. All of the action consisted of one character standing in a spot just waiting for a zombie to slowly get to them and bite them before another character saves them in the nick of time. The boss fight was cool. Too much dialogue.

#10232    Shakezulah

Shakezulah

The mic rulah, the old schoolah

• 6,555 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:51 AM

Yeah, the middle was definitely slow with more dialogue than needed, but the end made up for it. Pretty sure it takes place before 5, too.

Posted Image

Resident Evil isn't just a game....its a religion!

"It's one thing to express your views, but it's another thing for those views to be different than mine." - Stephen Colbert

#10233    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:11 AM

I found that they really hammed up the classic Resident Evil in-game videos. You know like, there's MOVIE realism CG like Final Fantasy (7/spirits), Beowulf, Avatar etc. Then there's video game realism. RE5 is awesome, but it still looks like a videogame right. Wouldn't pass for a movie. They captured the sluggish stupidness of the firt three games quite nicely, waiting for ages in horror before shooting only to find it's too late, or Claire being hapless and scared with, oh really, ANOTHER young girl? haha.

It was what it was, a DVD of RE cutscenes. Some good some bad yanno.

#10234    Shakezulah

Shakezulah

• 6,555 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:08 AM

Here's the trailer for the first RE5 DLC, Lost In Nightmares.
http://www.giantbomb...tmares/17-1700/

I honestly have no desire to go back and play RE5 any time soon, but this looks pretty good and I'll most likely end up getting it.

Posted Image

"It's one thing to express your views, but it's another thing for those views to be different than mine." - Stephen Colbert

#10235    Rhungobains

Rhungobains

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:40 AM

No matter where I hear Moonlight Sonata I always think of the long dark hallways of the Spencer Mansion.

The man is mentally ill. I've seen him eat a plastic pie!

#10236    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:41 AM

So Lost in Nightmares RE5 is DLC?
That's a HUGE FREAKING RELIEF. I thought they were just gonna release another RE4.5.

#10237    Shakezulah

Shakezulah

• 6,555 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:22 PM

So, Lost in Nightmares came out today. I just finished downloading it. It's only supposed to be about an hour long, but it's only 5 bucks, and I heard it's really awesome while it lasts. I'll play it sometime later today and post my thoughts when I finish it.

Posted Image

#10238    chaoszerg

chaoszerg

Underpants Gnome

• 9,418 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:55 AM

Is there a master of locks picking here?

Resident evil was great for crappy lines.

Edited by chaoszerg, 19 February 2010 - 11:56 AM.

#10239    Shakezulah

Shakezulah

• 6,555 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:12 PM

Haha, no bad lines like that. But the first thing that happens is Jill picks the lock on the front door of the mansion.

I managed to finish Lost in Nightmares in 1 hour and 13 minutes, but man, it was cool! Very nostalgic to the original RE, so much to the point that it became blatant fan service, but I was not complaining. The original "itchy tasty" journal entry is actually in there to be read! There's even a secret way to change the camera view so it's in static positions. I didn't do this when I played, but I think it's done by searching a locked door several times (ooh, Resident Evil...) The mansion layout is pretty much the same as the original mansion. The first half of LiN consists of light puzzle solving, item collecting, exploration, and backtracking, which considering where the franchise has gone lately, feels really fresh. There are maybe 10 enemies in the entire thing, including the fight with Wesker at the end. But there are some really intense moments. It was great to see the game go back to it's survival horror roots, though it was all too brief. If only RE5 was like this...
This really needs to be the direction that Capcom takes RE6. I hope they realize that fans don't want to see the series keep becoming the video game equivalent of a summer Hollywood blockbuster action flick.

Posted Image

#10240    Zero2Hero

Zero2Hero

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:17 PM

View PostShakezulah, on 19 February 2010 - 10:12 PM, said:

Haha, no bad lines like that. But the first thing that happens is Jill picks the lock on the front door of the mansion.

I managed to finish Lost in Nightmares in 1 hour and 13 minutes, but man, it was cool! Very nostalgic to the original RE, so much to the point that it became blatant fan service, but I was not complaining. The original "itchy tasty" journal entry is actually in there to be read! There's even a secret way to change the camera view so it's in static positions. I didn't do this when I played, but I think it's done by searching a locked door several times (ooh, Resident Evil...) The mansion layout is pretty much the same as the original mansion. The first half of LiN consists of light puzzle solving, item collecting, exploration, and backtracking, which considering where the franchise has gone lately, feels really fresh. There are maybe 10 enemies in the entire thing, including the fight with Wesker at the end. But there are some really intense moments. It was great to see the game go back to it's survival horror roots, though it was all too brief. If only RE5 was like this...
This really needs to be the direction that Capcom takes RE6. I hope they realize that fans don't want to see the series keep becoming the video game equivalent of a summer Hollywood blockbuster action flick.
Thanks for that, I think I'll give it a go when I get around to completing some of the other games that I have. Can the expansion be played co-operatively.

What do we think of the trailer for the new movie

http://www.filmjunk....erlife-trailer/

In case they didn't mention, it's in 3d.  :lol:

#10241    Mac E

Mac E

Mass Confuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:25 PM

How's RE 5?  I've been debating whether to buy it or not.

In the beginning there were only probabilities. The universe could only come into existence if someone observed it. It does not matter that the observers turned up several billion years later. The universe exists because we are aware of it.

Martin Rees (1942) Astrophysicist

#10242    village_idiot

village_idiot

Sea Shepherd Conservation Society Land Volunteer

• 2,271 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:25 PM

View PostWesker115, on 13 April 2010 - 02:17 PM, said:

Thanks for that, I think I'll give it a go when I get around to completing some of the other games that I have. Can the expansion be played co-operatively.

In case they didn't mention, it's in 3d. :lol:

Woo....I has goosebumps after watching that trailer...Not too excited about it being in 3D but it still looks like a good ass-kickin' film....Can't wait to see it! And, is it just me, or does Milla Jovovich look more gorgeous than before? :wub:

#10243    ChrisC098

ChrisC098

Government Agent

• 3,830 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:46 PM

I dig Resident Evil 5, the story is silly but I find it very fun to play, I'm actually replaying my third time to find all the emblems. I was wondering if it's possible to kill the crocodiles?

Posted Image

"People are ignorant. They'll feel better as long as someone is punished."

#10244    Shakezulah

Shakezulah

• 6,555 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:55 PM

View PostWesker115, on 13 April 2010 - 02:17 PM, said:

In case they didn't mention, it's in 3d.  :lol:

I'm really looking forward to the new film. It should be good with Anderson actually directing again. Hopefully the 3D is used to better effect than what the trailer shows. It would be shame to see the same tech that fueled Avatar be wasted on gimmicky shots, not that those don't look cool, however. I like the trailer, though. The Outsider...perfect song for it.

I dig Resident Evil 5, the story is silly but I find it very fun to play, I'm actually replaying my third time to find all the emblems. I was wondering if it's possible to kill the crocodiles?

What's up, man? It's been awhile. Anyway, I believe it is possible to kill the crocs. Don't quote me on that, though. It's been a real long time since I've played the game.

Posted Image

#10245    Soup Nazi

Soup Nazi

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:27 PM

Anyone know what weapons are unlockable in RE 4 for the PS2?

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!!!!!