Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Teenager arrested for doodling

Simbi Laveau

http://hyperallergic.com/62566/police-arrest-teenager-for-doodling/

A 16 year old boy from NJ,doodled what local school officials deemed dangerous ,in his notebook .

It's still up in the air what he doodled . A gun,a hand with flames .They werent sure,but called the police .

The police then searched his home,and found common household items ,none of which were unusual,or near one another,but *could* be used to make a bomb ,so they arrested him ,for possession of an unassembled weapon .

Yah . This is just hysteria .

I'm assuming the cited the patriot act ,to search the home without a warrant .

Lovely .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

http://hyperallergic...r-for-doodling/

A 16 year old boy from NJ,doodled what local school officials deemed dangerous ,in his notebook .

It's still up in the air what he doodled . A gun,a hand with flames .They werent sure,but called the police .

The police then searched his home,and found common household items ,none of which were unusual,or near one another,but *could* be used to make a bomb ,so they arrested him ,for possession of an unassembled weapon .

Yah . This is just hysteria .

Lovely .

So where is NJ? New something? Not that that matters, just that you hae assumed everyone will know where nj is.

Well it does sound to me like the wee guy was picked on, doodling for any teen or child is normal in my mind.

heavens, it's agood job they didn't see my exercise Boooks. Full of planes & tanks & aircraft carriers they were. It's not uncommon.

• Like 4

This is an outrage. Things like this are happening more and more. Those cops need to be fired, jailed for false arrest, then sued. There whole lifes need to be turned upside down, and made an example of. Who the hell do these people think they are?

• Like 5

So where is NJ? New something? Not that that matters, just that you hae assumed everyone will know where nj is.

Well it does sound to me like the wee guy was picked on, doodling for any teen or child is normal in my mind.

Well I did post it in the USA section ,and I cited the patriot act ,so its definately in America . It's in the link as well .

The state doesn't even matter really ,but NJ is new jersey ,which is part of the tri state area including New York and Connecticut .

• Like 3

Well I did post it in the USA section ,and I cited the patriot act ,so its definately in America . It's in the link as well .

The state doesn't even matter really ,but NJ is new jersey ,which is part of the tri state area including New York and Connecticut .

Simbi, please forgive me for being a dolt. Am a bit "off the records " this afternoon.

• Like 1

I believe a good majority have "unassembled bombs" in the house but have no clue. I certainly don't. Must of us probably have all the ingredients to make crystal methamphetamines too.

• Like 3

Only in the US. Quite interesting though that this kids life was ruined and he was labeled before ever getting out of high school. Maybe hell get lucky and land a job at Wallmart someday.

My message to the US government:

this_is_stupid_02138.gif

Love, Hasina

Pretty much like everything the US Government does these days. :sk

Hope the kids parents turn this thing around and get the cops sued.

You can make gunpowder from human waste and other ingredients. Perhaps his forgetfulness to flush cost him his freedom?

Back in high school, a couple friends and I drew pictures of little stick men fighting each other. It seems we dodged ending up in the electric chair if anyone found out.

Unwarranted searches thanks to the patriot act is really doing a great job at suspected terrorists (bored 16 year olds passing time), I wonder if he will be indefinitely detained without trial next? God bless the administration of the USA keeping the country safe.

Edited by Orcseeker
  • Like 3

the boy could sue the police for violating the 1st amendment freedom of speech/expression, the 4th amendment no UNREASONABLE searches, and the 28th amendment no stupidity and idiocy is to be shown by police :clap:

Seriously if I was the kid I would make a comic book based on this

Got in trouble for something stupid ruined kids life for no reason, kid comes back years later to exact revenge on the people that ruined his life..... he'd more then likely make a killing off it. (had to,,, just had to sorry lol)He could even use the money to help fight off stupidity.

the boy could sue the police for violating the 1st amendment freedom of speech/expression, the 4th amendment no UNREASONABLE searches, and the 28th amendment no stupidity and idiocy is to be shown by police :clap:

That's when the patriot act comes in. He becomes a terrorist and the constitution goes out the window.

• Like 2

That's when the patriot act comes in. He becomes a terrorist and the constitution goes out the window.

Sad but true. Police state soon or one right now and most don`t see it.

• Like 1

I knew this kid in my US Government class who would sit there and draw guns.

He was a really nice kid, but just very quiet. I'd be the first one done in class and sit there and read Kant, spotting him doodling away.

People always joked that he'd shoot up the school, but I didn't think that was the case just because he doodled guns.

I doodled swords, but did that mean I'd come to school and try to create a massacre with a scimitar?

This case doesn't surprise me, though. Expect more of these policies and anti-gun behavior of this kind.

• Like 1

Sad but true. Police state soon or one right now and most don`t see it.

The real fear I have is how many people are going to have their human rights violated by being labeled as some "terrorist" when they aren't.

• Like 1

Lovely .

Or consent to search was given, an intimidated mother or other family member willfully throwing out their rights to the do-gooder goons with guns. Happens every day.

• Like 1

Or consent to search was given, an intimidated mother or other family member willfully throwing out their rights to the do-gooder goons with guns. Happens every day.

True,but I doubt it . There's a lot of read between the lines in this one .