Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

women's health

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#16    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,627 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

View PostClyde the Glyde, on 27 April 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

The rules change once you have another living human being inside of you.

Were do you draw the line with the rules. Do you put a women in jail for drinking or smoking while pregnant. Is she to be treated as a criminal because she is pregnant or worst is she to have to carry a dieing baby and risk her life while the state decides whether are not she can terminate the pregnancy.  I remember when abortion was Illegal, women died because they couldn't get the medical treatment they needed.  

What right do I have to tell a women what she can or not do with her body. If women are ever to have dominion over their bodies we have to stop treating them like broodmares and say they have the right to make their own choice.  This is not a religious issue, it is about civil and health rights.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#17    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,531 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

The muslims use their children as weapons.

We murder ours.

What's the differnce???

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#18    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,531 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 27 April 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

Were do you draw the line with the rules. Do you put a women in jail for drinking or smoking while pregnant. Is she to be treated as a criminal because she is pregnant or worst is she to have to carry a dieing baby and risk her life while the state decides whether are not she can terminate the pregnancy.  I remember when abortion was Illegal, women died because they couldn't get the medical treatment they needed.  

What right do I have to tell a women what she can or not do with her body. If women are ever to have dominion over their bodies we have to stop treating them like broodmares and say they have the right to make their own choice.  This is not a religious issue, it is about civil and health rights.

You will note that this is in the politics and not religaen, nor have implied anything about religeon.

There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#19    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,627 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

I have found most anti abortion beliefs are founded on religion.  Kind of like slavery.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#20    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,531 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:33 AM

View PostDarkwind, on 27 April 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

I have found most anti abortion beliefs are founded on religion.  Kind of like slavery.

The bibles idea of slavery, we called indentered servants.

#21    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:50 AM

Women of the world:  do what you want with your bodies and your 'health care'
But once a single penny of taxpayer money is used to fund your murder err I mean 'health care', then yeah, I do have a say about it.

#22    Arbenol

Arbenol

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:44 AM

View Posttapirmusic, on 28 April 2013 - 04:50 AM, said:

But once a single penny of taxpayer money is used to fund your murder err I mean 'health care', then yeah, I do have a say about it.

Fatties of the world: Do what you want with your bodies. Stuff your face with burger and cakes. But once a single penny of taxpayer money is used to fund healthcare to put right the abuse you've done to your body........well, I'll have a thing or two to say about that.

Thin end of a very bad wedge.

#23    Odin11

Odin11

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

• I like your Christ.
    I do not like your Christians.
    They are so unlike your Christ.
    -Gandhi-

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:27 AM

If Right to Lifers fought as hard to ensure that childhood hunger and homelessness were at record lows or almost non-existe­nt...if they railed against the differences in education as it pertained to socio-economics’...i­f they stood on the front lines decrying the obscenity of children who go without even basic medical care...I might...ju­st might...be­lieve they truly cared.

As it stands, they do what so many of them do...they pick the side of a cause that requires the least involvement­ and the least work. The side that exonerates them from the responsibi­lity of being involved past the initial single minded goal.

Edited by Odin11, 28 April 2013 - 06:36 AM.

"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Geology shows that fossils are of different ages. Paleontology shows a fossil sequence, the list of species represented changes through time. Taxonomy shows biological relationships among species. Evolution is the explanation that threads it all together. Creationism is the practice of squeezing one's eyes shut and wailing "Does not!" ~Author Unknown

#24    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,386 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

Men of the world, wrap your winkies in latex....

They're weak to fire! - Sugarbear

#25    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,549 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

View PostWickian, on 27 April 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

Hmm, I'm kind of torn on when abortions should be cut off.  My current stance is abortions should be banned once the fetuses have reached the stage where they could survive outside the womb without intense medical intervention.  Otherwise they're a part of the woman she should have the choice to remove if she wants.

I agree, but would put the mark at the end of the first trimester.  Granted the fetus is not viable outside of the womb, but I'm of the opinion that a fetus at that age is alive.  Three months also gives the mother or couple plenty of time to know that the pregnancy has occurred and a decision to be made.

Edited by Rafterman, 28 April 2013 - 02:00 PM.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#26    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

View Posttapirmusic, on 28 April 2013 - 04:50 AM, said:

I wouldn't mind my tax dollars going to places that help provide women with healthcare and birth control options, so they don't have to have an abortion. If you want to have an abortion (Which, as a mother, just boggles my mind how a woman can callously kill an innocent little baby) have your insurance company pay for it, or let it come out of your own pocket. Not my problem.
I know that sounds a little callous, but forgive me for not giving a d**** when many of my family members can't even go to the doctor for a check up.

How does having the choice to murder a baby, have ANYTHING to do with Feminism?
God or Nature (whatever you believe) gave us an INCREDIBLE gift. The gift of being able to produce LIFE. Did you know, in 'ye olde times, childbirth was considered an almost sacred act? Really, it was. Now, not saying a don't like the modern way we give birth now, (DRUGS!! YAY!) and giving birth in 16th Century England is my absolute worst nightmare. But it is strange how something once considered so sacred, is now viewed.

I think most feminists suffer from what I call "penis envy". ( *cough* Gloria Steinem *cough*)
Being a feminist means we need to embrace the role of housewife and being a mother. It's not all we are, no, many of us run small businesses from our homes, or blogs about being a stay at home mom, but we need to EMBRACE this. It is part of who we are. And a housewife should get the SAME respect a business woman (with no children) gets. Or a working man.
That's FEMINISM.

There are certain situations where I can understand a woman having an abortion: rape, incest, medical emergency or certain medical conditions...These situations are understandable. But when women are just having abortions as a means of birth control, well...that's not right. And please don't ask me to pay for it, either.

#27    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,394 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostOdin11, on 28 April 2013 - 06:27 AM, said:

If Right to Lifers fought as hard to ensure that childhood hunger and homelessness were at record lows or almost non-existe­nt...if they railed against the differences in education as it pertained to socio-economics’...i­f they stood on the front lines decrying the obscenity of children who go without even basic medical care...I might...ju­st might...be­lieve they truly cared.

As it stands, they do what so many of them do...they pick the side of a cause that requires the least involvement­ and the least work. The side that exonerates them from the responsibi­lity of being involved past the initial single minded goal.

Maybe if the prochoicers put as much effort into teaching self responsibility and less time teaching about gov dependence there would be less homeless and hungry children. There is irony in advocating the extermination of babies do to their inconvenience, because that's exactly what it is if it isn't about rape, incest or medical emergency, while at the same time telling other people what they need to do for the children.

Posted Image

#28    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,386 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

Irony is that women do not get pregnant alone. If men took equal responsibility when having sex, wore a condom each and every time then think how few unexpected pregnancies there would be? Think of how few STD's would be passed unsuspecting partners.

Irony is that often men do not take responsibility for their offspring

Irony is that like Odin11 already stated, there are so many children who go without enough food and basic medical care.

Irony is that so many parents do not teach their children how to protect themselves not only from unwanted pregnancy but also from STD's

They're weak to fire! - Sugarbear

#29    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,531 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostOdin11, on 28 April 2013 - 06:27 AM, said:

Most of the world hunger is due to government or the world bank.  The governments use hunger to control their citizens or they get money from the world money fund.  The rules for getting this money, is they can use it for anything they want except infrastucture improvement.  This is a liberal controled group.

As fo hunger in the usa that is on the parents.  There are food banks, food stamps or moving to san fran.

#30    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,531 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostDaughter of the Nine Moons, on 28 April 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

Irony is that women do not get pregnant alone. If men took equal responsibility when having sex, wore a condom each and every time then think how few unexpected pregnancies there would be? Think of how few STD's would be passed unsuspecting partners.

Irony is that often men do not take responsibility for their offspring

Irony is that like Odin11 already stated, there are so many children who go without enough food and basic medical care.

Irony is that so many parents do not teach their children how to protect themselves not only from unwanted pregnancy but also from STD's
Sorry this is on the woman to make sure the man does wear one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users