Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I may have got a squatch on audio

Bootstring

[media=]

[/media]

The night I recored this I just had a feeling we wasn't alone, then we started hearing these screams.

Let me know what you'll think.

I've been in these woods for years and never heard something like this.

They only lasted for about 5 minutes.

Sorry for the background noise, was a really windy night.

Thanks.

Edited by Bootstring
  • Like 1

Ok, are all the loud screams supposed to be the Bigfoot?

I honestly couldn't tell you if that's a human, a Bigfoot, or what? I do have to say it sounds more like a call made by the guys on "Finding Bigfoot". It has that "humany" quality to it. Not saying it is or it's a fake, I simply don't know what a Bigfoot is supposed to sound like.

• Like 1

I agree with keninsc, to me it sounds exactly like Cliff's high pitched screams.

But then is that because Cliff sounds like a bigfoot?

Beautiful country there, driven through southern WV many many times. Very squatchy... :)

How far were you from the source of the sound, do you figure?

There are lots of animals out there that make sounds you wouldn't expect. I wouldn't exactly instantly jump to the conclusion it is a Bigfoot either.

• Like 1

I hate to even question you as I'm a believer but I understand why I always cop it from the sceptics.

With out having been there, I've got to agree the yells (they don't sound like the screams I've heard) sound like something I'd do when i'm wanting to let the HGs know I'm about. They have a human quality to them.

I'm not sure if it's the wind or was there some ape like jibber in there as well? I could hear something else that sounded more intriguing to me but then with the wind it's hard to tell if I was imagining it or not..

it sounds like it gets closer and then farther

Agreed. It has a cryptid-like quality to it imo, I just don't agree with the picture. It should be more wolf/boar-like surely.

I've heard Matt Moneytaker do these howls before. Very human like.

I agree with keninsc, to me it sounds exactly like Cliff's high pitched screams.

But then is that because Cliff sounds like a bigfoot?

Beautiful country there, driven through southern WV many many times. Very squatchy... :)

How far were you from the source of the sound, do you figure?

No idea how far away I was from the source, I'm really not sure what I captured, but I thought it might have been a squatch because what I've heard Cliff do.

The only feasible way to potentially identify what it is, or more properly, what it is not, is by some bioacoustics analysis. You could then begin to determine what it may or may not be, i.e. a wolf, moose, human, chimpanzee, some bird, etc...

Did a quick search, and seems there are some freeware software available. I have never used any them, this is just a suggestion of what I may do with an audio recording, if having it professionally analyzed is not possible.

http://zeeman.ehc.edu/envs/Hopp/sound.html

• Like 1

Excellent audio. I sincerely believe that you captured the sound of a Sasquatch howling. Kinda scary to hear, but it is what it is.

Could I post this on Facebook with your name as owner of course?

Sure. If anyone wants to use it, you can.

Would you mind if i used it as an example of the illusory nature of the Bigfoot phenomenon?

Would you mind if i used it as an example of the illusory nature of the Bigfoot phenomenon?

Night Walker

Bigfoot to me is not illusory to me because I have seen them. They exist, they live in the forest, and soon they will be proven by scientific analysis dealing with their DNA.

Night Walker

Bigfoot to me is not illusory to me because I have seen them. They exist, they live in the forest, and soon they will be proven by scientific analysis dealing with their DNA.

Do you understand what an illusion is, Susiq? Illusions appear real. That is why there are no photographs of Bigfoot other than fakes and misidentifications.

And are you still cheerleading for Melba Ketchum? Thankfully Sykes' DNA study will reveal the true nature of the phenomenon...

Say NW? Any idea when we might be hearing any results on the DNA thing? Just dying to know one way or the other.

Susiq2: If you've seen them then I would encourage you to share the experience with us. Some of us are total skeptics and they do have their place. Some of us are open to the idea that they might exist, like me and some of us are card carrying believers. So you'll get a mixed response if you post.

My own openess is based largely on the experience of two of my friends, I've never seen a Bigfoot or found any prints. I did possibly smell one once while hunting years ago, but that's kind of subjective and can easily be related in direct proportion to belief. If you think it's this, then your mind will help you fill in the blanks........we're all human and that's sort of how it works for us.

Say NW? Any idea when we might be hearing any results on the DNA thing? Just dying to know one way or the other.

Ketchum's results have already been announced but nothing has been published as yet. Perhaps Susiq can provide the latest update...

Sykes study has just passed the "publication phase" given in the projected timetable when first announced. No results or publication as yet.

Edited by Night Walker

Ketchum's results have already been announced but nothing has been published as yet. Perhaps Susiq can provide the latest update...

Sykes study has just passed the "publication phase". No results or publication as yet.

Sykes

Ketchum's DNA study will be out before Sykes. Sykes got this idea from Ketchum. Since he is being published then you guys/gals may need to consider that Ketchum's study is legit:) Soon my friends, keep an eye out for the news release for Ketchum's DNA study.

Those howls will forever burned into my memory. I'll run the the other way if I ever hear a similar howl.

• Like 1

Since he is being published then you guys/gals may need to consider that Ketchum's study is legit:)

What does the publication of Sykes study have to do with the legitimacy of Ketchum?

These calls sound a bit like the call of the Indri, a lemur from Madagascar. They use vocalizations to call to one another in dense forests. That said, it's not a lemur since they are endemic to Madagascar, and of course it could be a person making the sounds. It would be interesting to do a voice analysis on it, who knows maybe something odd would show up proving it's not human?

Sykes

Ketchum's DNA study will be out before Sykes. Sykes got this idea from Ketchum. Since he is being published then you guys/gals may need to consider that Ketchum's study is legit:) Soon my friends, keep an eye out for the news release for Ketchum's DNA study.

How long have we been hearing this, now guys? Something on the order of a couple years at least, yeah? Always upcoming this, upcoming that. I'll believe it when I see it come up in a reputable, peer-reviewed scientific journal.