Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Battle scars reveal dinos were head bangers

Still Waters

Fossilised skulls of dome-headed dinosaurs retain signs of injuries from violent head butting or head shoving, say US scientists.

The dinosaurs, known as pachycephalosaurs (meaning "thick-headed lizards") have long puzzled paleontologists, who wondered why the heads of these dinosaurs looked to have built-in football helmets.

It's been suspected that dome-headed dinosaurs fought with their heads, but the latest investigation provides some of the most direct evidence for this antagonistic behaviour.

http://www.abc.net.a.../19/3614136.htm

• Like 2

cool man, i cant belive how much we know about stuff, just from bones, ever wonder how wrong we are?

edit: man is universal with me, its just what i say when im amazed sometimes, so dont think im calling u a man haha

edit 2: too much bart simpson

Edited by JeffRobinson
  • Like 1

Doesn't surprise me since so many animals around today like to bang their heads over territory.

• Like 1

Nature never ceases to amaze me.

Yet, I wish I could have head-butted my ex a few times.

Alright! So those old Jurassic Park toys that had them lower their heads so you could slam them into each other (but usually smack your fingers) were actually correct! Shweet, wish I still owned them...

They banged themselves smaller and smaller, till they are the little birds we see today.

Edited by Realm
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...