Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 4 votes

why did satan get kicked out of heaven

• Please log in to reply
886 replies to this topic

#781    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

• (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:58 AM

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God." Matthew 5:8

As a Christian, I believe we, human beings, are NOT geared to know or judge the purity of our hearts WITHOUT the grace of Jesus/God. Therefore, without this grace, we won't be able to see Jesus/God. To think otherwise would be like...getting kicked out of Heaven since Heaven is the abode of Jesus/God, and earth is a mere construct (in the process of being replaced by something better and eternal).

"For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have conducted ourselves in the world, and more abundantly toward you."   2 Corinthians 1:12

"For by grace are you saved through faith; and that NOT of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them."  Ephesians 2:8-10

Unlike Christianity, mysticism is through one's efforts or will (and sometimes, with the blessings of one's ancient lineage that one is able to spiritually evolve faster than its usual course)...and eventually become a god.  

https://www.youtube....ix3pVUX86yBWWzS  (playlist )    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008232820397

According to Gnosticism, Christ came to world to give us a way out; so, why is Gnosticism so secretive and elitist when it comes to salvation??

#782    Ellapennella

Ellapennella

wishes upon stars

• 2,649 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:34 AM

View PostEtu Malku, on 08 July 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

That may be true, but this kingdom is not Your Kingdom, you will never be truly Free as long as you remain a civilian in this kingdom.

You are an author? What is the name of the book, I would like to purchase it.

I disagree, opposites are delusions, duality is the Dance of Maya, it is illusion. There are no opposites there are polar extremes of the same thing. Darkness is not the opposite of Light, Darkness is the Womb that gives birth and enables Light to exist.
I'm not the author , sorry if it sounded that way, I didn't mean for it to. It's  just  a paperback  book that I've purchased .The title is:  The Eighth Chakra .The authors name is  Jude Currivan PhD...
The kingdom  of Heaven reply was meant  as  that which is within us , not dogmatic at all. I agree with pretty much all of what you've said in this reply.It's the way i understand things too...

Darkness comes from the mind ,  knowledge is light . It's like the term " let there be light" ( or) "out of darkness comes light"  . I recall that you mentioned you do not accept the theory of duality at all, I respect that. I get what you're saying.Also, it seems to me that what you said regarding duality (or) polar opposites,  and that which is in the book I'm reading are of  the same understanding, at least to me it seems so...
But like i tried to explain , it's tricky . How do we know for certain that, if someone extremely  benevolent most likely  will transform or become malevolent .I've heard the string theory approach to this from both sides that offer completely different theories...

#783    Ellapennella

Ellapennella

wishes upon stars

• 2,649 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:52 AM

View PostJor-el, on 08 July 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

I do not like universalism, it dilutes the Word of God... if God was a universalist in the message he gave us, he would not have commanded us to preach the Gospel to the ends of the world... since each religion would be that societies truth as God revealed it to them... sorry doesn't make sense.
Jor-el, hi. I'm not sure of what  you mean , what doesn't make sense for you ?  that the Spirit  that exist within the universe ,of what I refer to as the creator is universal ? I don't believe i need anyone to tell me that in any text, it's just that  for me it's apparent , it's obvious in nature that it is universal... .

#784    Ellapennella

Ellapennella

wishes upon stars

• 2,649 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:15 AM

View Postbraveone2u, on 09 July 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

Hi Reann,

Here's a fascinating video I found on Youtube that you may want to see since you're interested in cultural branches and Christian diversity:  

God bless.
Thanks. I don't really believe that the ark of the covenant exist. I've wondered  though, what did Moses  exactly take from out of Egypt ?

#785    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• 1,298 posts

• (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:43 AM

View PostReann, on 12 July 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

I've wondered  though, what did Moses  exactly take from out of Egypt ?
I think this is what you're asking: "And Joseph said to his brothers, I die: and God will surely visit you, and bring you out of this land to the land which he swore to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob. And Joseph took an oath of the children of Israel, saying, God will surely visit you, and you shall carry up my bones from hence. So Joseph died, being an hundred and ten years old: and they embalmed him, and he was put in a coffin in Egypt."  Gen 50:24-26

Peace.

https://www.youtube....ix3pVUX86yBWWzS  (playlist )    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008232820397

According to Gnosticism, Christ came to world to give us a way out; so, why is Gnosticism so secretive and elitist when it comes to salvation??

#786    Ellapennella

Ellapennella

wishes upon stars

• 2,649 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

No , no, not at all. That's not what I questioned. I wondered what  did Moses take when he left there? What did he do before he left? and i don't mean the story about the wrath of God or the plagues upon Egypt as told in - I think Exodus....

#787    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• 1,298 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:00 AM

Writing down the name of God on a piece of paper and flinging it into the Nile...?

#788    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• 1,298 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

View PostReann, on 12 July 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

No , no, not at all. That's not what I questioned. I wondered what  did Moses take when he left there? What did he do before he left? and i don't mean the story about the wrath of God or the plagues upon Egypt as told in - I think Exodus....
Hi Reann,

My previous post was my answer to your question, I'm not sure if you got it. Moses wrote down the name of God... At any rate, it's one of the legends about Joseph's coffin...

Peace.

Edited by braveone2u, 12 July 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#789    Etu Malku

Etu Malku

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

• Mercuræn

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

View PostReann, on 12 July 2013 - 05:34 AM, said:

I'm not the author , sorry if it sounded that way, I didn't mean for it to. It's  just  a paperback  book that I've purchased .The title is:  The Eighth Chakra .The authors name is  Jude Currivan PhD...
The kingdom  of Heaven reply was meant  as  that which is within us , not dogmatic at all. I agree with pretty much all of what you've said in this reply.It's the way i understand things too...

Darkness comes from the mind ,  knowledge is light . It's like the term " let there be light" ( or) "out of darkness comes light"  . I recall that you mentioned you do not accept the theory of duality at all, I respect that. I get what you're saying.Also, it seems to me that what you said regarding duality (or) polar opposites,  and that which is in the book I'm reading are of  the same understanding, at least to me it seems so...
But like i tried to explain , it's tricky . How do we know for certain that, if someone extremely  benevolent most likely  will transform or become malevolent .I've heard the string theory approach to this from both sides that offer completely different theories...
I will check the book out, thanks.
even though I have my beliefs about non=duality, I do realize that we all exist physically in a duality-based universe and we must all adhere to its limitations.

Tarkhem Productions
   IAMTHATIAMNOT

#790    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostReann, on 12 July 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

Thanks. I don't really believe that the ark of the covenant exist. I've wondered  though, what did Moses  exactly take from out of Egypt ?

He/they took livestock food and riches.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#791    Jor-el

Jor-el

Knight of the Most High God

• 7,936 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

View PostReann, on 12 July 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

Jor-el, hi. I'm not sure of what  you mean , what doesn't make sense for you ?  that the Spirit  that exist within the universe ,of what I refer to as the creator is universal ? I don't believe i need anyone to tell me that in any text, it's just that  for me it's apparent , it's obvious in nature that it is universal... .

What doesn't make sense is that Jesus Christ specifically told us the believers whom we call Christians to preach the Gospel to the entire world... why did he do that if there is truth in every religion, which is what you were stating?

"I've personally come to the realization that the creator is also revealed in other cultures of religions that may seem foreign to others, but that it too is the creator they acknowledge ...I think so because , I  think that all religions lead to the same purpose, like branches of the same tree, you know? all waters meet..."

I seriously disagree with the above statement of yours. The religions of the world may have and probably do have a common root, in other words they all are derived from an original belief system common to humanity at some time in the past.

They all worshipped the one true God but as they drifted away from his worship and chose to worship other things, their beliefs changed and were corrupted over time. God with the bible has brought us the chance to worship and know him yet again. That is why I stated that other religions may have truth, but do not have "TheTruth", only the bible has that.

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life,  no one comes to the Father but through Him.

That is what he has told us Christians to preach... it would not be necessary if the other religions were an option.

As for universalism, that has two meanings depending on the context, (1) that all religions are acceptable in the eyes of God, which is false if the words I quoted are anything to go by and (2) That God is in all religions... also false since the religions of the world do not glorify God but rather glorify the "sons of God", whom God gave humanity to in their apostasy, keeping only Israel for himself.

I would like you to explain to me please how you conceive God in your mind, Is he part of the universe? or external to the universe? is God in creation or a part of creation or is he the author of creation but apart from it?

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#792    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

Let's not forget that god tolg abraham, isiac and jocab not to cross breed with the local 'population.  This isn't white marring blacks.  It is catholics marring  muslums.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#793    Ellapennella

Ellapennella

wishes upon stars

• 2,649 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:28 AM

View Postbraveone2u, on 12 July 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

Writing down the name of God on a piece of paper and flinging it into the Nile...?
No not that. I don't recall that part of the story . I think that it's told in the bible that Moses and the Israeli's   had  gathered up gold and silver from the Egyptians as they were fleeing  Egypt ,as if the Egyptians gave their gold and silver willingly  to them. I don't know for certain that they gave them anything willingly is what I am questioning.... I think that it's possible , that  the reason   why the Pharaoh went after them with his army, was because  he was angry when he  discovered what  they had  done to neighboring people . I think that it's possible that the Israeli's robbed them of their gold and silver...

#794    Ellapennella

Ellapennella

wishes upon stars

• 2,649 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:52 AM

View PostEtu Malku, on 12 July 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

I will check the book out, thanks.
even though I have my beliefs about non=duality, I do realize that we all exist physically in a duality-based universe and we must all adhere to its limitations.
You're welcome....I think it's all very deep , duality and non duality... I think it's sort of tricky , same as   the nature of  quantum mechanics can be , because the  rules change...

#795    Ellapennella

Ellapennella

wishes upon stars

• 2,649 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:07 AM

View PostJor-el, on 12 July 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

I would like you to explain to me please how you conceive God in your mind, Is he part of the universe? or external to the universe? is God in creation or a part of creation or is he the author of creation but apart from it?

Well, of my own perception,  God  is  the  "Mind  of all Nature" , and is always watching , always aware , by it's own nature ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users