Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

7.3 Earthquake Strikes Japan on infamous day

Raptor Witness

Ahh yes, Pearl Harbour...

I had to look that up to figure out what the date was all about.. lol..

Unless you were referring to December 7, 1968 Richard Dodd returns a library book his great grandfather took out in 1823? naughty naughty..

Edited to add, now that's interesting..

December 7, 1917 World War I: The US declares war on Austria-Hungary.

December 7, 1941 "World War II: Attack On Pearl Harbor - The Imperial Japanese Navy attacks the US Pacific Fleet and its defending Army Air Forces and Marine air forces at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii."

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 2

I'm getting messages from Tokyo and Osaka ....tsunami warning for fukushima ,but everyone seems to be ok ,so far .

• Like 1

Oh Karma, GREATEST OF ALLIES, I am your humble bus boy!

• Like 1

just been watching NHK.. Tsunami has hit Ishiomaki (hope I spelled it right) and Fukushima.. 1 meter tall. No reports of injuries or damage..

just been watching NHK.. Tsunami has hit Ishiomaki (hope I spelled it right) and Fukushima.. 1 meter tall. No reports of injuries or damage..

Tokyo is getting aftershocks.

It was pretty big ,but everyone sounds ok so far .

Where are you PT ,than you can watch NHK ?

I hope they are all OK over there.

Oh Karma, GREATEST OF ALLIES, I am your humble bus boy!

If you think like that, well what will happen to the US in terms of Karma for dropping not 1 but 2 atomic bombs on japan?

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 2

If you think like that, well what will happen to the US in terms of Karma for dropping not 1 but 2 atomic bombs on japan?

I didn't want to say it .

They dropped a bomb on a military installation ,all soldiers,at a time of war.

A sneak attack,but soldiers sign on,and know the risks . 2000 men were killed or injured that day .

We bombed two major cities ,full of civilians .

Over 250,000 people died ,between the two cities ,1000s more injured ,and left with bomb disease ,that their great great great grandchildren ,are still being born with .

Affects are still felt today .

We also decimated two entire cities .

We planned on bombing kyoto as well .

• Like 1

The US was fulfilling Japan's 'karma'. Just think of what the Japanese did, how they behaved in Birma, China, Indonesia and so

Their 'experiments' on POV's and civilians made Mengele look like a nice chap (which did not hinder the US army to go to great lengths to capture the records of the experiments and the results, btw).

But if you go back far enough, every country, every people has blood on its hands.

• Like 1

Ahh yes, Pearl Harbour...

I had to look that up to figure out what the date was all about.. lol..

Unless you were referring to December 7, 1968 Richard Dodd returns a library book his great grandfather took out in 1823? naughty naughty..

Edited to add, now that's interesting..

December 7, 1917 World War I: The US declares war on Austria-Hungary.

December 7, 1941 "World War II: Attack On Pearl Harbor - The Imperial Japanese Navy attacks the US Pacific Fleet and its defending Army Air Forces and Marine air forces at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii."

Americans "of a certain age" will immediately say Pearl Harbor in response to a query about Dec. 7th. It's just a throwback to a time when we still actually taught history. The fact that others don't grant the date any significance is immaterial to us :tu:

They seem to all be riding on a train to nowhere ...

Edited by Raptor Witness

The US was fulfilling Japan's 'karma'. Just think of what the Japanese did, how they behaved in Birma, China, Indonesia and so

Their 'experiments' on POV's and civilians made Mengele look like a nice chap (which did not hinder the US army to go to great lengths to capture the records of the experiments and the results, btw).

But if you go back far enough, every country, every people has blood on its hands.

Un fortunately ,the people carrying out the atrocities ,were not all following orders,ans giving orders to men who were expected to follow them .

Most of the men who were behind Japanese atrocities,were later paid off by the USA,to spill all their germ warfare secrets.

My uncle is a ww2 vet ,so I wanted to understand it,first hand .

As I know all the stories. Nanjing makes me nauseous ,to even think about .

He said we had to bomb them ,because they weren't going to stop.

They had a subterranean base our military had to take out .

I forgot what he said they did there .....I will ask him again .

The men who committed the atrocities,all went back to japan,after the war ,and became yakuza bosses.

These men were ruthless .

Many men who followed orders,felt shamed. Its why they lied in all the history books.

I still don't think this is a good enough excuse to kill 250,000 civilians .

• Like 1

Un fortunately ,the people carrying out the atrocities ,were not all following orders,ans giving orders to men who were expected to follow them .

Most of the men who were behind Japanese atrocities,were later paid off by the USA,to spill all their germ warfare secrets.

My uncle is a ww2 vet ,so I wanted to understand it,first hand .

As I know all the stories. Nanjing makes me nauseous ,to even think about .

He said we had to bomb them ,because they weren't going to stop.

They had a subterranean base our military had to take out .

I forgot what he said they did there .....I will ask him again .

The men who committed the atrocities,all went back to japan,after the war ,and became yakuza bosses.

These men were ruthless .

Many men who followed orders,felt shamed. Its why they lied in all the history books.

I still don't think this is a good enough excuse to kill 250,000 civilians .

Just to be clear about this: I am not saying that what is happening now and last year (earthquakes, tsunamis) is what the Japanese 'deserve' as part of their karma or some such nonsense.

On the other hand, if the US had not dropped these bombs the war would have continued and many thousands more civilians and soldiers would have died :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes

The only reason we know about the Nazi's and Japans "inhumane experiments" is because they lost.

What if we lost, you might have found out things that are just as bad that we didn't know about. History is told by the side of the victor, and in this case we are the vitor and we still admit we dropped 2 atomic bombs on 2 major cities. Obliterating 2 cities of civilians is not karma for killing or torturing soldiers.

I didn't want to say it .

They dropped a bomb on a military installation ,all soldiers,at a time of war.

A sneak attack,but soldiers sign on,and know the risks . 2000 men were killed or injured that day .

We bombed two major cities ,full of civilians .

Over 250,000 people died ,between the two cities ,1000s more injured ,and left with bomb disease ,that their great great great grandchildren ,are still being born with .

Affects are still felt today .

We also decimated two entire cities .

We planned on bombing kyoto as well .

Exactly. Huge difference.

Just to be clear about this: I am not saying that what is happening now and last year (earthquakes, tsunamis) is what the Japanese 'deserve' as part of their karma or some such nonsense.

On the other hand, if the US had not dropped these bombs the war would have continued and many thousands more civilians and soldiers would have died :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

http://en.wikipedia....nese_war_crimes

They could have dropped smaller bombs on military installations and their leaders.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

In hindsight we all would have done things differently, but that's why it's called hindsight.

The US would maybe have used smaller bombs on military installations, the Allied Forces would have dropped bread and first aid kits on Dresden, the Japanese would maybe have used lab rats for their experiments and shaked hands with the people of the countries they invaded instead of massacring many millions.

Tokyo is getting aftershocks.

It was pretty big ,but everyone sounds ok so far .

Where are you PT ,than you can watch NHK ?

I'm in New Zealand..

I know a thing or two about satellite dishes, so I'm basically picking up NHK off an australian satellite for free, lol..

• Like 1

Americans "of a certain age" will immediately say Pearl Harbor in response to a query about Dec. 7th. It's just a throwback to a time when we still actually taught history. The fact that others don't grant the date any significance is immaterial to us :tu:

Ahh, that's why... thanks for the fyi.. I'm not American..

The tsunami was almost twice as high: http://www.mirror.co...-issued-1477613

Ahh, see I was only getting my info live off NHK..

I forgot how much they play-down the news sometimes.. Perhaps it's a cultural thing.. Or perhaps it's just british tabloids over assentuating as they often do.

it's an earthquake not karma and not a conspiracy.

Good luck telling that to some of the people around here.

• Like 2

Good luck telling that to some of the people around here.

i think i just said it to all the people around here lol

truth be told i just said it because someone has to. :whistle:

• Like 1

The only reason we know about the Nazi's and Japans "inhumane experiments" is because they lost.

True. And what about Allied atempt to bomb Germans with nerve gas? To be precise UK and USA.

Edited by the L
  • Like 2