Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Pentagon spurned plan for enemy aphrodisiac

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Wings of Selkhet

Wings of Selkhet

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

• Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come. - Matt Groening

Posted 17 January 2005 - 05:45 PM

Pentagon spurned plan for enemy aphrodisiac

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- The U.S. military rejected a 1994 proposal to develop an "aphrodisiac" to spur homosexual activity among enemy troops but is hard at work on other less-than-lethal weapons, defense officials said Sunday.

The idea of fostering homosexuality among the enemy figured in a declassified six-year, $7.5 million request from a laboratory at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio for funding of non-lethal chemical weapon research.

The proposal, disclosed in response to a Freedom of Information request, called for developing chemicals affecting human behavior "so that discipline and morale in enemy units is adversely affected."

"One distasteful but completely non-lethal example would be strong aphrodisiacs, especially if the chemical also caused homosexual behavior," said the document, obtained by the Sunshine Project.

The watchdog group posted the partly blacked-out, three-page document on its Web site.

Lt. Col. Barry Venable of the Army, a Defense Department spokesman, said: "This suggestion arose essentially from a brainstorming session, and it was rejected out of hand."

The Air Force Research Laboratory also suggested using chemicals that could be sprayed on enemy positions to attract stinging and biting bugs, rodents and larger animals.

Another idea involved creating "severe and lasting halitosis" to help sniff out fighters trying to blend with civilians.

The U.S. military remains committed to developing less-than-lethal weapons that pass stringent legal reviews and are consistent with international treaties, said Captain Dan McSweeny of the Marine Corps, a spokesman for the Pentagon unit spearheading their introduction.

"We feel it's very important to offer our deployed service members and their commanders a greater range of options in dealing with increasingly complex operational environments," said McSweeny, of the Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directorate.

w00t.gif *dies laughing*

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

- ee cummings

#2    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 17 January 2005 - 06:05 PM

That is just silly...

I could just imagine a C-130 circling over the enemy encampment with a huge disco ball below it with built in speaker that blares Barry White and/or The Village People whilst parachuting champagne bottles and chocolate covered strawberries...

rolleyes.gif

I'd love to see what freud would say about the guy that came up with that plan...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#3    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 16,438 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 17 January 2005 - 08:05 PM

w00t.gif *dies along with Wings*

Just when you think it couldn't get any more rediculous...

#4    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,420 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 17 January 2005 - 08:07 PM

I'd love to see what freud would say about the guy that came up with that plan...

Like there's something wrong with that? tongue.gif

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#5    pallidin

pallidin

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,913 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 17 January 2005 - 10:53 PM

If even true, the classified report is likely a "spin-off" of observed behavior in those taking the drug Ectasy; numerous accounts of homosexual behavior in otherwise heterosexual people. The unisex love drug.

#6    AztecInca

AztecInca

Martian

• 9,013 posts

• All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good people to do nothing.

Posted 17 January 2005 - 11:30 PM

It would still be a sight to behold and it would significantly reduce the number of soldiers being killed! lmao!

#7    pallidin

pallidin

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,913 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 17 January 2005 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE(AztecInca @ Jan 17 2005, 05:30 PM)
It would still be a sight to behold and it would significantly reduce the number of soldiers being killed! lmao!

View Post

Yeah, talking about "greasing the barrel"  tongue.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users