Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

London woman marries herself

Still Waters

Friends and family of Grace Gelder, joined together at "an idyllic farmhouse" one day in mid-March to see the 31-year-old tie the knot ... with herself.

The London-based photographer revealed in a piece for The Guardian that she got inspiration for the ceremony as a college student after listening to Bjork's "Isobel" and hearing the line: "My name's Isobel, married to myself."

http://www.aol.com/a...kusaolp00000058

• Like 2

Well at least she won't have the usual arguments about what food to eat and music to listen and all that, unless she's a split personality. That'd add an interesting aspect though...

• Like 7

Why bother with marriage? Just be in a committed relationship with yourself...I find this option far less stressful.

• Like 8

Jeez, I've been single for 22 years and you don't see me pulling something this dumb (and/or narcissistic).

• Like 2

Jeez, I've been single for 22 years ...

But you're only 22 years old. :unsure2: So, it's like you've been single since age 18 (when one reaches legal age)...that's only 4 years!

• Like 2

In a few years this woman will stand in front of a mirror and sing.... "I hate myself for loving you" - Joan Jett song.... and try to figure out if they need one attorney or two to get a divorce.

• Like 2

At least she won't have to change her surname. That's a whole headache unto itself.

• Like 4

But you're only 22 years old. :unsure2: So, it's like you've been single since age 18 (when one reaches legal age)...that's only 4 years!

I reckon it's 17yrs. Five being the legal age for dancing with girls and asking for a kiss.

(Sorry, Deco)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 6

...Five being the legal age for dancing with girls and asking for a kiss.

Five???

Holy cow El, you were one prodigious little kid!

• Like 4

That was the joke...

My style of humor really doesn't translate well in text.

• Like 2

That was the joke...

My style of humor really doesn't translate well in text.

I honestly thought you were being serious...probably because I'm old (I have shoes older than you are). Also, when you're my age being single can actually be a blessing!

• Like 2

I honestly thought you were being serious...probably because I'm old (I have shoes older than you are). Also, when you're my age being single can actually be a blessing!

The general rule I seem to stick too is that if it falls in the "Offbeat News" category its probably a humorous post :)

• Like 3

probably because I'm old (I have shoes older than you are).

Pfffft old. Impossible I say!

• Like 1

I reckon it's 17yrs. Five being the legal age for dancing with girls and asking for a kiss.

(Sorry, Deco)

You give me waaaaayyy too much credit. As much as I hate to sound like a hipster: I was a nerd before it was cool.

• Like 1

.....I don't what to say about this. can you even marry your self or is it saying you're not going to be dating anyone for the rest of your life. 'cuse if you do your cheating on your self......Now my head hurts....

• Like 7

What did she do on her wedding night? :-*

It's big, black and made from rubber, and no it's not a gumboot :no:

• Like 2

I felt like my IQ dropped by 5 points when I read the title. She'll be kicking herself for not having a man around to blame for everything that seems to go wrong, you watch. :P

• Like 3

It's big, black and made from rubber, and no it's not a gumboot :no:

An inflatable dinghy? Sounds like there was one there at the wedding already...

And if she ever gets a divorce... Who gets custody of the cat?...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 5

Exactly how does one divorce oneself?

However, if she refuses to talk to herself anymore it might make her look slightly more sane (I said, slightly).

• Like 6

i said that allowing same sex marriage wopuld cheapen it.

• Like 2