Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Vampire Mom' drinks live human blood

Still Waters

Twilight and True Blood have made vampires the fictional theme du jour. But for one suburban mother-of-two, the blood-sucking lifestyle is a stark reality.

Julia Caples, 45, from Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania has been drinking live human blood from willing donors for the past 30 years.

The care worker, who says she is hooked on the practice, consumes around half-a-gallon of blood per month and believes that it keeps her feeling young and vigorous.

http://www.dailymail...LOOD-month.html

I remember an english noblewoman from some century who also believed that, dont know if she was fiction or not but... she didn't exactly ask for volunteers and used a biiit more than a gallon. Glad today we know both manners and moderation despite how well we're off societally and monetarily. Cheers!

I like to say "to each his own" and know if something freaks me out it makes it harder for me to understand, but I just find this extremely disturbing, abnormal, and feel something is terribly wrong here.

• Like 3

There was a woman in England like in the centuries who killed virgin maidens and bathed in their blood because she believed it would make her younger :unsure2:

Couldn't a person get some weird, blood-borne disease from orally consuming blood from other humans?

Maybe not, I don't know.

• Like 1

You guys mean countless Elizabeth Bathory . She killed ,I think hundreds of girls. She felt bathing in their blood kept her young .

She used to shove a scissor under the ventral veins of the wrist (where someone cuts their wrist) ,and just cut them ,and bleed them .

She filled her tub with the blood and bathed in it .

I assume she swallowed some,but drinking it wasn't her priority .

• Like 2

I guess she already figured you can also consume things through exposing them to your skin, and that that'd be more benefical if you wanted to improve your skin than if you drank the blood. I remembered her because she was as close as it came to real-life Dracula's legend, my early days of being interested in the paranormal when I thought even vampires might be real because there was no internet back then....

Truth can be more macabre than tv-series.

I guess she already figured you can also consume things through exposing them to your skin, and that that'd be more benefical if you wanted to improve your skin than if you drank the blood. I remembered her because she was as close as it came to real-life Dracula's legend, my early days of being interested in the paranormal when I thought even vampires might be real because there was no internet back then....

Truth can be more macabre than tv-series.

She and Vlad Dracul were fiends . He was an absolute sociopath from an early age ,she was obsessed .

Read stories about her . She had girls come to her from surrounding villages ,told they would be hand maidens ,and she chained them up for days and bled them til they died.

He impaled 1000s ,and proped them up on the poles all around his castle . He also enjoyed having people slowly drawn and quartered .

He loved torturing things. Animals and people .

He didn't actually actively drink blood though ,but he was so evil ,he just made a great template .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

Woah, better check up on her... I knew of Dracul but not her... at least Dracul did a lot of what he did as an effort to increase the well-being for his people. Eccentric would be putting it mildly and softly in his case.

I like to say "to each his own" and know if something freaks me out it makes it harder for me to understand, but I just find this extremely disturbing, abnormal, and feel something is terribly wrong here.

Fully agree, couldn't have put it better myself.

Stupid birch just needs to grow up. I know growing old is mandatory and growing up is optional but fair go.

A freak with a fetish for blood does not equal a good mother or stable parent.

A person with a fetish never grows out of it, you have to kill them to make them stop.

Couldn't a person get some weird, blood-borne disease from orally consuming blood from other humans?

Maybe not, I don't know.

Missed this. Yes ,HIV and hepatitis B,C and I think D .

Woah, better check up on her... I knew of Dracul but not her... at least Dracul did a lot of what he did as an effort to increase the well-being for his people. Eccentric would be putting it mildly and softly in his case.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/bathory/countess_1.html

There was a woman in England like in the centuries who killed virgin maidens and bathed in their blood because she believed it would make her younger :unsure2:

Elizabeth Bathory.

Obviously this silly woman also has not considered the possible diseases she is exposing her child to.

This whole 'drinking blood' stupidity is not something to expose children to and teach them that it is somehow normal.

But fortunately her kids seem to be more intelligent than their mother and realize something is wrong.

Seriously I just cannot imagine how this woman lives with such a delusion, this is carrying this vampire stupidity WAY too far.

I wonder how long it will be before she looks to her kids as potential 'donors'?

She's weird, eccentric, and rather icky.

However, she gets all her willing donors tested before drinking from them. That's a heck of a lot better than a lot of single or divorced parent's attitudes toward dating and sex. Imagine what all those people are exposing their children to? Drinking blood is probably akin, in terms of danger, to oral sex.

Smoking or eating take out every day is probably more dangerous.