Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another shooting involving AR-15 and teenager

Professor Buzzkill

It was not immediately known what kind of gun, or guns, were used in the Albuquerque shooting, but police said weapons including a semi-automatic military-style rifle had been found at the house. The boy – whose age has not been released – has been booked on two counts of murder and three of child abuse resulting in death.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jan/20/albuquerque-teenager-shooting-five-dead

I am willing to bet that this teen was on anti depressent medication as well..

• Like 3

I am willing to bet that there was a good case of neglect to secure the gun while not under the control of the owner.

• Like 6

I am willing to bet that there was a good case of neglect to secure the gun while not under the control of the owner.

Exactly. WE need education and proper safety courses on guns in schools, instead of just shunning the notions guns exist to them. Reality trumps fantasy every time. Teaching children when their young causes much less problems than having them discovering a gun, then not having proper education or safety about them. Kids actually are better at understanding what is bad and what is good than most adults I know. Let's say, start teaching them about guns safety and proper handling of guns around 13 - 18 will pretty much ensure accidental deaths from guns by children will a lot less problematic compared to children who accidentally shooting their friend or themselves because they don't understand what a gun is.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 5

Exactly. WE need education and proper safety courses on guns in schools, instead of just shunning the notions guns exist to them. Reality trumps fantasy every time. Teaching children when their young causes much less problems than having them discovering a gun, then not having proper education or safety about them. Kids actually are better at understanding what is bad and what is good than most adults I know.

we need to make it mandatory to see if potential gun owners have both the ability and the character to not to pose a threat with their guns.

• Like 4

So where does the AR-15 come into this? The article didn't mention an AR-15 at all... Or was that part made up by the OP for the title of this thread?

• Like 2

we need to make it mandatory to see if potential gun owners have both the ability and the character to not to pose a threat with their guns.

Parents need to be taught how to keep their guns safe and out of the hands of children, but you got to look at this way. Somewhere there is a gun that is always out in case of a break-in, so not all guns are locked away in a safe. The proper thing to do is teach and educate children about guns, not shun them from the notion they exist. You are talking about peering into the private lives of individuals to see if they are mental stable, which is not very reliable in proper sense. What you are suggesting doesn't even educate or teach children about guns, it is not an solution at all, it is aimed at law abiding citizens in notion it will help the problem which it doesn't. America's culture is based around guns and always will be, because our freedom and rights.

Ever heard of the saying "Education is a powerful tool if used by the proper hands." Let's take a look at my state, we teach our children about gun safety and take them deer hunting. These children are less than likely to play with a gun because they were taught otherwise. Another aspect we need is proper mental institutions for the mentally instable, to help them better coop with their problems. Mental Deranged shouldn't have access to guns, but because we got rid of mental institutions, we have no records of these individuals. Thus we can't keep the guns out of their hands.

I put a big empathies on Education and Mental Institutions here...

Edited by Uncle Sam

It was a sensational title. Ive got my burning pole all set up for this writer. The wax is still melting in the 50 gallon kettle however.

• Like 1

It was not immediately known what kind of gun, or guns, were used in the Albuquerque shooting, but police said weapons including a semi-automatic military-style rifle had been found at the house. The boy – whose age has not been released – has been booked on two counts of murder and three of child abuse resulting in death.

• Like 1

It was a sensational title. Ive got my burning pole all set up for this writer. The wax is still melting in the 50 gallon kettle however.

It is people making broad assumptions that makes things harder to understand, makes the water more murky and harder to see through. With proper research and proper understanding, people will come to the conclusion I problem have. Education and Mental Help is what we really need, not more gun control laws. The ones we already have in the books are not enforced and doesn't even help stop these mass murders, why do you think more laws will help now?

• Like 2

Well after reading some of the comments on these gun control threads american enthusiasm for killing each other knows no bounds. As i've said before, as long as americans would rather their children are shot to pieces than have their guns confiscated then this will just continue. As long as you're all happy with that, carry on.

• Like 3

Well after reading some of the comments on these gun control threads american enthusiasm for killing each other knows no bounds. As i've said before, as long as americans would rather their children are shot to pieces than have their guns confiscated then this will just continue. As long as you're all happy with that, carry on.

Your just repeating what you said in the other thread, you clearly do have your thumbs in your ears and screaming at the top of your lungs how you think our lives should be lived. Your point and comments have completely nullified itself due to you repeating yourself and trying to not understand the problem as a whole.

• Like 1

Your just repeating what you said in the other thread, you clearly do have your thumbs in your ears and screaming at the top of your lungs how you think our lives should be lived. Your point and comments have completely nullified itself due to you repeating yourself and trying to not understand the problem as a whole.

So repeating your point nullifies your argument hmmm.......interesting concept!

So repeating your point nullifies your argument hmmm.......interesting concept!

Your just repeating the same thing over and over, without giving a reason why you think your point is legitimate.

There is so much unknowns in this story, its not the whole story, so I can't make a proper response to this story until it is fully release. As for others who comments, I can try to educate them and tell them what is needed, but if they won't listen, then I am just wasting my breath. Worse cases are usually those who doesn't live in my country, experience my culture, understand why America is the way it is.

p.s. in fact I would say it was yourself that was trying to avoid understanding the problem i.e. easy access to guns.

There is so much unknowns in this story, its not the whole story, so I can't make a proper response to this story until it is fully release. As for others who comments, I can try to educate them and tell them what is needed, but if they won't listen, then I am just wasting my breath. Worse cases are usually those who doesn't live in my country, experience my culture, understand why America is the way it is.

My previous post ( the one you replied to ) was a copy and paste job taken directly from the OP article..

p.s. in fact I would say it was yourself that was trying to avoid understanding the problem i.e. easy access to guns.

I understand the problem all too well, I have been a situation where a kid got a hold of a gun and pointed at me. I understand about the concept of guns and children, it is you that is not trying to understand or even debate about the subject. 99% of those children who do this stuff, don't understand guns at all, they don't understand they are not toys to be playing with. Education and helping the mental will go along way towards making my country safe once again, there is no quick fix for this problem, but what I said is the proper step in the right direction instead of gun control.

My previous post ( the one you replied to ) was a copy and paste job taken directly from the OP article..

It wasn't direct towards you, I know it was from the article. That is why I stated I can't make a proper response to the article without all the details.

Edited by Uncle Sam

I think were very much in agreement Uncle Sam. I was being satyrical in my post about the media writers choice of inflaming writing.

It is people making broad assumptions that makes things harder to understand, makes the water more murky and harder to see through. With proper research and proper understanding, people will come to the conclusion I problem have. Education and Mental Help is what we really need, not more gun control laws. The ones we already have in the books are not enforced and doesn't even help stop these mass murders, why do you think more laws will help now?

I agree, but the only way that's actually going to happen is if the government is truthful. I'm afraid we don't meet that standard.

I understand the problem all too well, I have been a situation where a kid got a hold of a gun and pointed at me. I understand about the concept of guns and children, it is you that is not trying to understand or even debate about the subject. 99% of those children who do this stuff, don't understand guns at all, they don't understand they are not toys to be playing with. Education and helping the mental will go along way towards making my country safe once again, there is no quick fix for this problem, but I said is the proper step in the right direction instead of gun control.

So we are agreed there are too many people with too many guns.

I understand the problem all too well, I have been a situation where a kid got a hold of a gun and pointed at me. I understand about the concept of guns and children, it is you that is not trying to understand or even debate about the subject. 99% of those children who do this stuff, don't understand guns at all, they don't understand they are not toys to be playing with. Education and helping the mental will go along way towards making my country safe once again, there is no quick fix for this problem, but I said is the proper step in the right direction instead of gun control.

It wasn't direct towards you, I know it was from the article. That is why I stated I can't make a proper response to the article without all the details.

They were never taught respect for the weapon, those people you're talking about.

This article says he is 15 and it never said what type of gun he used. Bet there were mental issues and wonder if the guns were locked up like any responsible gun owner would with kids around that might not be dealing with a full deck.

Teen arrested in New Mexico after shooting two adults and three children

If we had only had stricter gun laws in place he wouldn't of gotten this gun, no wait it wasn't his gun.

• Like 2

This article says he is 15 and it never said what type of gun he used. Bet there were mental issues and wonder if the guns were locked up like any responsible gun owner would with kids around that might not be dealing with a full deck.

Teen arrested in New Mexico after shooting two adults and three children

If we had only had stricter gun laws in place he wouldn't of gotten this gun, no wait it wasn't his gun.

Exactly, it wasn't his gun.

So we are agreed there are too many people with too many guns.

Oh for crying out loud, no where in my damn paragraph did I say there was too many people with too many guns. You are putting words in my mouth. Now I won't even bother with your arguments, because if you are going to be that way, you don't deserve a response from me. I don't like putting with bull**** from people like you.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 2

post-39751-0-42592900-1358711585_thumb.j

Exactly, it wasn't his gun.

Exactly, too many people have too many guns.

• Like 1

Teens cant generally buy guns legally either.