Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

I have a conection with spirts I think..Help?


  • Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#46    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,214 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostPod99966, on 24 May 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

I can't say that I am familiar with that line of reasoning.

Well, you do live in " Floriduh".... :su

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#47    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

    Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

  • Member
  • 3,025 posts
  • Joined:10 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Year next Tuesday!

  • My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

View PostPod99966, on 24 May 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

I can't say that I am familiar with that line of reasoning.

I am just proving that any one can cause irrational thought.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.


#48    Pod99966

Pod99966

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Joined:24 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sarasota, Floriduh

  • I had rather be shut up in a very modest cottage, with my books, my family, and a few old friends, dining on simple bacon,
    THOMAS JEFFERSON

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 24 May 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

I am just proving that any one can cause irrational thought.

You are absolutely correct. But, case in point, this 13 year old came here looking for advice and people were giving him/her rational answers. But I assure you, they did not come to this particular sub forum and post I have a conection with spirts I think..Help? because they were looking for rational answers.

And as you said, anyone could have given this person some irrational answers.... but nobody did. That's why I'm here.


View PostSakari, on 24 May 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

Well, you do live in " Floriduh".... :su

This is true Sakari... go to Twitter and search the hash tag #ILIF


#49    coldethyl

coldethyl

    ~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

  • Member
  • 16,331 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:~*★*~Under Your Eyelid~*★*~

  • ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostPod99966, on 24 May 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

Not sure what you are refering too. I was refering to

I was referring to Mrs Cake.


#50    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,214 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

View PostPod99966, on 24 May 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

This is true Sakari... go to Twitter and search the hash tag #ILIF


That is some awesome reading ! .....Funny stuff, now I get it.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#51    markprice

markprice

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,546 posts
  • Joined:10 Jul 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:9000'

  • To deny meaning is an act of ignorance.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

This is not funny at all. If a "doctor" often prescribes debilitating antipsychotics for children with conduct disorders, eating disorders, depression etc. what the hell do you think they might do to a child with "a connection to spirits".  Hopefully the kid stopped posting before his parents found out, especially if they would take him to a doctor for this kind of thing.

"How can someone prove that a rainbow exists to a blind man?"

#52    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,214 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

View Postmarkprice, on 25 May 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

This is not funny at all. If a "doctor" often prescribes debilitating antipsychotics for children with conduct disorders, eating disorders, depression etc. what the hell do you think they might do to a child with "a connection to spirits".  Hopefully the kid stopped posting before his parents found out, especially if they would take him to a doctor for this kind of thing.




I could show you thousands of these.....You must be in one of these cults....



Faith-Healing Parents to Avoid Jail After Teen Dies Trying to ‘Pray Away’ His Burst Appendix


Faith healing is an immensely controversial means of curing peoples’ ailments. Depending on the extent of one’s illness, the practice can be down-right dangerous, particularly when it comes to declining medical care for life-threatening and easily-treatable diseases. Russel and Brandi Bellew of Creswell, Oregon, learned this the hard way after their 16-year-old son died due to a burst appendix last year.
Rather than take their son, Austin, to a doctor or a hospital when his symptoms worsened, the Bellews decided to “pray away” his condition. Now, following his death, they are avoiding jail after admitting that they let their teenager die in an effort to practice their faith healing.


http://www.theblaze....burst-appendix/

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#53    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

    Enlightened Seeker

  • Member
  • 2,718 posts
  • Joined:20 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:NC

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 20 May 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

So you are saying, what? That the parents instantly throw their kids into a mental hospital? So you claim to have a clear mind, clearlyI think you watch too many tv shows because on this earth parents aren't jerks.

Mostly likely he suggest to talk to some one to help ease the kids issues

No, that was not what I was saying.
I hardly watch tv, my friend, I deal with the real world.

I was exaggerating the advice many posters have given to the OP about seeking counseling. Obviously, the OP wanted advice from those that are knowledgeable about the subject, so the OP posted here. If the OP thought counseling would help, I'm sure they'd go there so they can be talked out of believing in any such manifestations.


#54    coldethyl

coldethyl

    ~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

  • Member
  • 16,331 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:~*★*~Under Your Eyelid~*★*~

  • ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Lmao, knowlegeable.

You can't KNOW what is not proven to exist, you can just BELIEVE in it.

It is proven that psychology and sometimes mixed with medication prescribed by a psychiatrist help people.

See none of you knowlegeable people understand that counselors or psychologists CANNOT prescribe medicine.  All they can do is listen and if they believe you need medicine advise or recommend you see a psychiaTRIST not psycholoGIST who is the only one who has the ability to write actual prescriptions. Or one of their RN's.

Advising him to talk to someone isn't advising him to go on medication.  Educate yourselves about mental health people.  You might actually need what you learn one day.


#55    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,214 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 25 May 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

Lmao, knowlegeable.

You can't KNOW what is not proven to exist, you can just BELIEVE in it.

It is proven that psychology and sometimes mixed with medication prescribed by a psychiatrist help people.

See none of you knowlegeable people understand that counselors or psychologists CANNOT prescribe medicine.  All they can do is listen and if they believe you need medicine advise or recommend you see a psychiaTRIST not psycholoGIST who is the only one who has the ability to write actual prescriptions. Or one of their RN's.

Advising him to talk to someone isn't advising him to go on medication.  Educate yourselves about mental health people.  You might actually need what you learn one day.




:nw:   :clap:   :tsu:   :tu:   :nw:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#56    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Joined:10 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England

  • Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 25 May 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

Lmao, knowlegeable.

You can't KNOW what is not proven to exist, you can just BELIEVE in it.

It is proven that psychology and sometimes mixed with medication prescribed by a psychiatrist help people.

See none of you knowlegeable people understand that counselors or psychologists CANNOT prescribe medicine.  All they can do is listen and if they believe you need medicine advise or recommend you see a psychiaTRIST not psycholoGIST who is the only one who has the ability to write actual prescriptions. Or one of their RN's.

Advising him to talk to someone isn't advising him to go on medication.  Educate yourselves about mental health people.  You might actually need what you learn one day.

There were people who knew being gay wasn't a mental illness, back when the "professionals" were swearing blind it was. Just because scientists can't prove something (yet), doesn't mean it does or doesn't exist and it's pretty weak to continue to use that line in debates. Doesn't really strengthen your argument.

Edited by Heaven Is A Halfpipe, 25 May 2013 - 11:18 PM.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5


#57    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,214 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

View PostHeaven Is A Halfpipe, on 25 May 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

There were people who knew being gay wasn't a mental illness, back when the "professionals" were swearing blind it was. Just because scientists can't prove something (yet), doesn't mean it does or doesn't exist and it's pretty weak to continue to use that line in debates. Doesn't really strengthen your argument.


Those people did not " know ", they " believed ".....I do not know that there is yet any 100% proof of why people are gay, nor do I care either way.. ( off topic )

So, if we can not prove something exists yet, you are saying we should say it does exist......At least it does until it is proven to exist.

So, believing makes things exist.

There were people that " knew " the earth was flat ( still are )....

There were people that burned innocent women because they " knew " they were performing witchcraft....

George Bush " knew " Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.....

Sorry, not buying into that.



The truth is, you can not know what is not proven to exist....Coldethyl had it correct.



Nothing weak about using that in a debate, it only makes sense.

Edited by Sakari, 25 May 2013 - 11:31 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#58    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Joined:10 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England

  • Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

View PostSakari, on 25 May 2013 - 11:27 PM, said:

Those people did not " know ", they " believed ".....I do not know that there is yet any 100% proof of why people are gay, nor do I care either way.. ( off topic )

So, if we can not prove something exists yet, you are saying we should say it does exist......At least it does until it is proven to exist.

So, believing makes things exist.

There were people that " knew " the earth was flat ( still are )....

There were people that burned innocent women because they " knew " they were performing witchcraft....

George Bush " knew " Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.....

Sorry, not buying into that.



The truth is, you can not know what is not proven to exist....Coldethyl had it correct.



Nothing weak about using that in a debate, it only makes sense.

Tell that to the gay people who knew they didn't have a mental illness. You can say they "believed" they didn't have one but that doesn't change the fact that deep down they knew..and they were proven right. It's not an illness.

It is weak considering, imo, it doesn't strengthen your argument because you can't definitely say it DOESN'T exist (even though you do and will). All you can say is that science hasn't proven one way or another. All you have on your side is your beliefs and all I have is my beliefs. After all, not all scientists believe the same thing because much science is based on theories because it's not advanced enough to know the answer. Quick google search and I find plenty of results for scientists saying they believe there is a soul, a part of us that survives death. Just like I'm sure I could find just as many (who are no more scientifically credible) who refute that idea.

Edited by Heaven Is A Halfpipe, 25 May 2013 - 11:44 PM.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5


#59    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,214 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:49 PM

View PostHeaven Is A Halfpipe, on 25 May 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

Tell that to the gay people who knew they didn't have a mental illness. You can say they "believed" they didn't have one but that doesn't change the fact that deep down they knew..and they were proven right. It's not an illness.

It is weak considering, imo, it doesn't strengthen your argument because you can't definitely say it DOESN'T exist (even though you do and will). All you can say is that science hasn't proven one way or another. All you have on your side is your beliefs and all I have is my beliefs. After all, not all scientists believe the same thing because much science is based on theories because it's not advanced enough to know the answer. Quick google search and I find plenty of results for scientists saying they believe there is a soul, a part of us that survives death. Just like I'm sure I could find just as many (who are no more scientifically credible) who refute that idea.



Trying to use " you can not prove it does not exist " to make a case of something being real is so far out in left field.

Really, think about that.

On my side I have facts ( if it is a topic I have studied ), not " belief".

And I would tell that to the Gay people that think or thought that. You can not " know " something if there is no evidence to support what you say you " know "........

That is why one should say " I believe ".....Can not argue that, and there is nothing wrong with believing.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#60    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Joined:10 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England

  • Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:01 AM

View PostSakari, on 25 May 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

Trying to use " you can not prove it does not exist " to make a case of something being real is so far out in left field.

Really, think about that.

On my side I have facts ( if it is a topic I have studied ), not " belief".

And I would tell that to the Gay people that think or thought that. You can not " know " something if there is no evidence to support what you say you " know "........

That is why one should say " I believe ".....Can not argue that, and there is nothing wrong with believing.

We could do this all night :w00t:

But what "facts" do you have? I think if one side has to say "I believe" so does the other...there is divided opinion among scientists, people far more qualified than you or I, and some say there is a soul..others say there isn't. So I fail to see how you can have "facts". You can't really refer to your own personal experiments as facts because if you can do that...I can refer to my own experiences and pass everything I learnt there as fact.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users